Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

lol lol

Spectacular, Marsh. But I feel that's only the start of the story.

lol

Sadly it's a bit tame after that. I went for a bit of a shop in Covent Garden half in normal clothes, half in cycling gear, on the hunt for some trews. I ended up buying a pair of jeans Smuts would be proud of.

I went in there today and had a look at it. I'd have thought BHF would have PAT tested all electronics by default anyway if there is no visible sticker

It was an oldish bloke I spoke to. I don't know why the plug was off but if it failed the PAT test it could not be sold as working. I can find out but the person I spoke to said he might come back. Did not seem too bothered about it having no plug as he thought he could find somebody to get it working.

Got shit loads of stuff in the warehouse. Sale ended today. Prices back to normal. Older stuff is still reduced though after a while if not sold and they have sale weeks.

Not sure how much work I'll be doing there. Free most days but will those at the JC see it as looking for work. Hoping to get the media job when it comes up which will help and I can share my time. Never thought I'd be working a full day but the time seems to go pretty quick and I'm learning to interact with customers. I have been given a section to look after as soon as I come in. Washing machines and cookers. Just make sure they look clean and have the right prices and get spaces filled by stock from out the back. During the day I just help out wherever I can on the shop floor making sure things are looking OK.

Too old for proper retail as it's a young persons job now and takes a few years to master but I am happy doing this.

Guest MattP

Pretty much spent the whole day recovering in bed, realised today I got pissed every single day between the 21st and New Years Day, think it all caught up with em, I dread to think what my insides look like, sure I'll be dead by 50.

Planning my year over the next week, I need to work harder, play less and possibly even start to think about settling down, anyone tried match.com, most couple's I meet now met on it and a few people have told me to give it a go, the stigma attached to that sort of thing seems to have gone and you cut out all the bullshit and make sure you both have the same interests. Sounds great at first look.

Edited by MattP

Pretty much spent the whole day recovering in bed, realised today I got pissed every single day between the 21st and New Years Day, think it all caught up with em, I dread to think what my insides look like, sure I'll be dead by 50.

Planning my year over the next week, I need to work harder, play less and possibly even start to think about settling down, anyone tried match.com, most couple's I meet now met on it and a few people have told me to give it a go, the stigma attached to that sort of thing seems to have gone and you cut out all the bullshit and make sure you both have the same interests. Sounds great at first look.

Down here there's no stigma attached to dating sites because everyone's realised that, when you refuse to make eye contact with anyone that you've not met, it's not that easy to meet new people. We basically hate everyone.

Anyway, I know people who have met their current long term partners through Plenty Of Fish and My Single Friend. Also, someone was telling me that (I think) POF has an app where you can see which members are nearby (if they've got the app and allowed it obviously) so you can get on if on a night out. Basically Grinder but less gay. However that's not really conducive to settling down, more hooking up with whoever's around.

I need advice from a gas engineer. My new gas boiler is playing up. Flashing 1-F. According to the users manual it's the water pressure. All it says in the users manual is the gauge needle should be between 1-1 turn off and on at the power point and if it doesn't restart call out an engineer. Surely I don't have to do that everytime there is a reductuion in water pressure? I'd be calling somebody out every 2-3 weeks if going by my last boiler.

Off out now anyway. Switched it off. Got kitchen fitters in next week I'll get someone in then. I have to leave them to it all day so somebody will be about.

Just annoying. The bloke who fitted it has put it halfway up the wall I have to stretch to reach the setting dials and find it difficult to see the figures on it. Only noticed the fault last night as I was unable to see the window where the figures are flashing properly in daylight. Only saw them when the kitchen light was off.

I'm no gas engineer, (or a gas or engineer for that matter), but my old boiler would do just that. Is there a little tap/lever on one of the pipes leading to it? You can usually increase the water pressure by turning this and refilling the system to the desired level, which means it will work again. The fact that the pressure has dropped implies that there's a leak somewhere though, although in my case it was so miniscule there was no actual water coming out anywhere. In fact, I never did find where it was, and when I had all the ancient radiators replaced it miraculously stopped.

Someone that knows what they're talking about should really intervene in this thread soon, for Ken's sake.

As for my day, it began with me throwing a bucket of water at a turd deposited on the pavement right outside the door to our office by a bloke pushing a pram (police aware)

I did that with my old boiler but I have tried it with a couple of the taps and I cannot hear it refilling. One problem is they have put the controls about a foot above my head so its at the side of the work surface just under seven feet high. Would have to climb onto the work surface to set the timer. Kitchen being redone next week so no idea what it will be like when done. Juist sounds as if it is try to reset but not having the energy. My CH has been on and off quite a bit since being installed. Tried resetting but the needles not moving.

I also think the pipes that were originally put in were done badly. as I have always had problems with the pressure and leaks. The pipes may be thewrong thickness but it would mean redoing them all to put it right and not sure if my housing landlords would want to pay the cost. Anyway it is off now and will hopefull get someone out while the kitchen is being done. I'll be out so will leave them to fight over space.

Been stinking hot here reaching 40 degrees today and i'm stuck at work. Was good last night got home from work to see my mate who lives a few doors down with the BBQ, a kiddy pool and countless empty beer cans all sitting in his front yard lol

Been stinking hot here reaching 40 degrees today and i'm stuck at work. Was good last night got home from work to see my mate who lives a few doors down with the BBQ, a kiddy pool and countless empty beer cans all sitting in his front yard lol

I was working out in it yesterday, so ****ing hot. 40 degrees is insane. I think I might spend most of the day indoors

I was working out in it yesterday, so ****ing hot. 40 degrees is insane. I think I might spend most of the day indoors

May have fixed the water pressure problem with my boiler. There are more valves to open than my last one. Now have to get the right heat for the water. The user manual is not much help. It basicall just says how to switch on and off and has diagram of the modes. Not put it on CH yet or tried the radiators. Off to my volunteering so will have to try later. Don't know how much washing I'll be able to do when the kitchen fitters are around over the next couple of weeks so will have to try and do some over the weekend. I hate disruption to my routine.

May have fixed the water pressure problem with my boiler. There are more valves to open than my last one. Now have to get the right heat for the water. The user manual is not much help. It basicall just says how to switch on and off and has diagram of the modes. Not put it on CH yet or tried the radiators. Off to my volunteering so will have to try later. Don't know how much washing I'll be able to do when the kitchen fitters are around over the next couple of weeks so will have to try and do some over the weekend. I hate disruption to my routine.

But is this a free kitchen going in? If so, you can hardly grumble.

I'd happily have my routine upset if my kitchen was sorted out. It really is a bit of a state. All the finish is peeling off the cupboards etc which is fair enough I suppose, but I don't expect it to be peeling off the worktops.

Also my washing machine hardly works at all, the dishwasher only works for half a cycle or so by wedging a 4 inch bit of wood underneath the front of it and the thermostat thing on our oven has gone.

The microwave, kettle and toaster work fine though (although the toaster regularly blows the circuit and my wife has broken the microwave plate thing by microwaving nothing for 3 minutes.

Fridge freezer works fine, thanks for asking.

(Beer fridge is conservatory running perfectly).

Very good actually, ta. Got back from a hangover-riddled trip to an internetless house in Romania where I managed to find out about the Burnley win, but hadn't received any news on the Huddersfield match. Open up foxesplayer to find an absolute mullering, the highlights of which being a Wood brace, 2 Knockaert goals - one of which forced me to find a clean pair of underwear - and a couple of beauties from De Laet & Waggy.

The only thing that slightly annoyed me is the way Knocky celebrates his goals. Bit of an ego there - I'd like to see him celebrate with the others a bit more. Like I say though, that's just a minor gripe.

Me and a course mate are going to make an android app/game more for the experience than money... anyone got any ideas lol ?

Penis measurer, basically you take a picture of your cock flacid and erect and it tells you where you are on the national and global average and recommends preferable mating types, backdoor - bucket fanny, and most suitable sexual positions. You could get sponsorship from a condom company, who could then recommend the perfect johnny size, from their range.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

Penis measurer, basically you take a picture of your cock flacid and erect and it tells you where you are on the national and global average and recommends preferable mating types, backdoor - bucket fanny, and most suitable sexual positions. You could get sponsorship from a condom company, who could then recommend the perfect johnny size, from their range.

Can he use this idea freely or will you try to sting him for a fiver afterwards ?

:)

Can he use this idea freely or will you try to sting him for a fiver afterwards ?

:)

Shhh, I'm waiting until he develops and does all the hard work of looking at the penis picks and dong the algorithms, and then I will sting him for the money.

I mean: NO!