Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just watched that. Interesting that they came out and said it was all staged. I seem to remember years ago it used to be denied.

Never really could get on with it partly because of that. Maybe now I'm older I may like it more. Used to be popular on TV Saturday afternoon.

OK. Survived another week without interrogation when handing my job search card over at the Job Centre.

Later went to the newsroom at Apex for a DNO meeting. The job for sub-editor has finally been officially announced. There are two going and like Lamby know the person who will decide. In fact she was sitting next to me when she handed me the information. I did a quick hand written application and she said it was fine. It is still her decision if there are other applicants though. I will do an email application and alter my present CV to suit the role but she said it wasn't really necessary as she knew me. I like to do things proper for this job though.

It's just 10 hours a week but it will mean all I need do each fortnight is hand the record of my hours worked in. Pay will be about the same as JSA so other things like CT and housing should not be affected. I will get expenses if using the bus etc. Less than a fiver better off but at least it's work.

Talking about contacting the City, Tigers and Riders about doing something about what role they play in the community such as schools etc. Spoke to someone who has contact details. Will find out next Tuesday then will arrange some meetings. It is not just homeless but disabled and disadvantaged children. I believe Leicester Riders do a lot and doing reports on the games would bring in publicity for them too. Would like to see some sponsorship too.

There is a PDF version of DNO but the person that has it was havingproblems putting it on the website. She is going to email me it. Not sure if I can do any better so may need help.

Got another assignment tomorrow. Going to the Interhealth place which is in the City centre. I think the Mayor is going to be there again so another Q & A session.

Edited by Rincewind

I started proper work yesterday, a continuation of the placement I had before Christmas. Glad to have a job and not be on the dole. I was meant to have the fortnightly interview at the Job Centre yesterday but obviously due to starting work I couldn't. I rang up to tell them I wouldn't be at the meeting and would need to arrange another to formally sign off the dole or whatever it is you do. My advisor wasn't around at the time, so I left my number, told them I started work and they said they'd ring me back. I said that's great, just don't ring me between 12 and 5 because I will be working.

3 missed calls at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm. What fúcking part of NOT between 12 and 5 did those retards not understand? I rang them back today and apparently my advisor was off today. So still no idea what I'm meant to do to actually get off the dole.

They are donks. Thge other week I signed the form in a rush and they rang and left a message on my answer phone to say I had to go back in to confirm my ID. I called back but that wasn't good enough I had to go in person or would not receive my JSA. Went next day must have been there 30 min while they checked my sig.

Another time I was at the Citizens Advice and still told I had to go in. Hoping to be officially off soon but will wait a week before I tell them so my money is not stopped immediately and I have some money from my first weeks pay if doing a week in hand. Will know more next Tuesday. Willstill need to go in as its under 16 hours but at least I won't be hassled to job search.

I started proper work yesterday, a continuation of the placement I had before Christmas. Glad to have a job and not be on the dole. I was meant to have the fortnightly interview at the Job Centre yesterday but obviously due to starting work I couldn't. I rang up to tell them I wouldn't be at the meeting and would need to arrange another to formally sign off the dole or whatever it is you do. My advisor wasn't around at the time, so I left my number, told them I started work and they said they'd ring me back. I said that's great, just don't ring me between 12 and 5 because I will be working.

3 missed calls at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm. What fúcking part of NOT between 12 and 5 did those retards not understand? I rang them back today and apparently my advisor was off today. So still no idea what I'm meant to do to actually get off the dole.

I just gave my book in to the desk and walked out and I think the woman at reception sorted it out. Good feeling though isn't it mate, hated every minute there.

I was in the Haymarket and I looked at that stall thing where they sell watches. They had some nice pocket watches. Looked at three and all never worked properly. Two had stopped and the first went for about three seconds at a time. Suffice to say I never bought one. I would buy a normal watch but the straps make my wrist sore although I have worn them since an early age but with having a phone am not too bothered.

I was in the Haymarket and I looked at that stall thing where they sell watches. They had some nice pocket watches. Looked at three and all never worked properly. Two had stopped and the first went for about three seconds at a time. Suffice to say I never bought one. I would buy a normal watch but the straps make my wrist sore although I have worn them since an early age but with having a phone am not too bothered.

Interesting that is, the decline of watches due to phones. I have one, but only as a gift I got for my 18th...I wear it occasionally. I would never go out and buy a watch though(unless I was a millionaire), I have pretty much always used my phone apart from I had an action man watch when I was about 8 or 9

Started back work monday and by the end of the shift I felt awful.

Was really ill, severe migraine, nasty coughing fits, high temperature and shivering, aching all over plus dashing to the toilet.

Feeling better today but still not enough to return to work.

Just my luck this hits right when I return to work.

First trip back to the Job Centre for me today, have to sign on at the desk now, took me about 1 minute in and out so easy. If I have to do that every two weeks, I will be very happy.

Nipped into town some hot girls around, but some right freaks as well.

Got home had an email from Greggs about the application I sent yesterday, to say they had better candidates. That application took the flaming piss, took me about 1hr30 mins, while some other places who wanted people like Subway, Foot Locker and Rileys took me about 10 minutes.

Edited by kingfox

You know a scheduled visit to the GP hasn't gone well when you're spending the night fasting on an antibiotic drip.

On the plus side, the Pilgrim gives McVities Digestives with its lovely coffee. :)

Offered a job to a somebody today, he's lucky because he was originally a "no" from me as his interview was completely awful, he had nothing about him.

BUT I was thinking about it, and he's is entering a difficult and competitive industry and our facility is a good place to start and with mine and my colleagues guidance we can a) mould him to our working ways and b) give him the bit if a leg up that he is needs.

He is a gamble, and the gaffa says that if I hire him, it's on me to fire him if he's shit. So the big three words he needs to be aware of are "three month probation".

Offered a job to a somebody today, he's lucky because he was originally a "no" from me as his interview was completely awful, he had nothing about him.

BUT I was thinking about it, and he's is entering a difficult and competitive industry and our facility is a good place to start and with mine and my colleagues guidance we can a) mould him to our working ways and b) give him the bit if a leg up that he is needs.

He is a gamble, and the gaffa says that if I hire him, it's on me to fire him if he's shit. So the big three words he needs to be aware of are "three month probation".

Kingfox?