Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Out of interest though, if you don't believe the "one cell to everything" idea, what do you believe?

I don't blummin know! :D I've got a few ideas, but that's all for another thread, else we'll clog this cracker up and annoy people. It's the hardest subject to get your head around if you ask me. Not just for a layman like me either. I've seen evolution advocates get tied up in knots on the big questions. It's obvious that they are as stumped as the rest of us. And that means that there is no empirical evidence.

I'm not having a pop at science or scientists when I say these things. It's just the specific idea of a fish turning into a reptile, which turns into a mammal (or whatever sequence it is) that I'm talking about when I say anything negative about evolution. All the convincing stuff I've read on the subject comes from scientists who say it is impossible.

Just in from my first ever Leicester Riders game.

It was brilliant, so fast and skilful.

Leicester beat Surrey 88-58.

I've always fancied going, not seen a live game before. Will pop along when I get my car on the road.

Leicester Riders are a good team nowadays so I've heard.

OK. Been offered an interview for the Sub-editors job at DNO. It's only part time but and more pro-active than I'm doing now but it is something. I am fairly confident. Even though I know the interviewer I still have to pass the interview. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Inquired at the Jobcentre front desk on how it would affect my JSA. I don't want everything stopped before I get my first weeks pay but they said when I start to have other income my JSA and benefits will be re-assessed. My income will cover my JSA but my benefits should stay the same. There is only about £5 difference and the first £5 is ignored.

Checked on my pension credits IThe earliest I can apply is four months before I qualify which is April. My income will double in a week. Don't think I'll get JSA as well. Would be nice if I did but I doubt it. It should replace it then the jobless figures will go down by one.

Should please some on here.

Been offered an interview for the Sub-editors job at DNO.

Inquired at the Jobcentre front desk on how it would affect my JSA. I don't want everything stopped before I get my first weeks pay but they said when I start to have other income my JSA and benefits will be re-assessed. My income will cover my JSA but my benefits should stay the same. There is only about £5 difference and the first £5 is ignored.

Checked on my pension credits IThe earliest I can apply is four months before I qualify which is April. My income will double in a week. Don't think I'll get JSA as well. Would be nice if I did but I doubt it.

What's the first thing you look for when considering applying for a position?

Good look with the interview, it can't be any fun living on JSA.

OK. Been offered an interview for the Sub-editors job at DNO. It's only part time but and more pro-active than I'm doing now but it is something. I am fairly confident. Even though I know the interviewer I still have to pass the interview. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Checked on my pension credits IThe earliest I can apply is four months before I qualify which is April. My income will double in a week. Don't think I'll get JSA as well. Would be nice if I did but I doubt it. It should replace it then the jobless figures will go down by one.

Should please some on here.

Best of luck.

I've always fancied going, not seen a live game before. Will pop along when I get my car on the road.

Leicester Riders are a good team nowadays so I've heard.

They seem to be, they were second in the league/ladder before Sundays game and were playing 3rd. They're now joint top and obviously won the cup the week before.

I was sitting about 2ft from the court and was nice to actually watch a sport without all the diving/theatrics to fool officials let alone being branded a "proper fan" or hear shit about a "match day experience".

Thanks for the good luck comments.

First thing I consider when applying for a position?

Good question.

First thing I suppose is whether I can do a good job and get satisfaction out of it. I also think you have to be motivated to do a good job and do the best you can. To even be considered for this role will spur me on. It is something I never considered or had the opportunity to do in my younger years. The rise of the internet an community media has thrown the doors open to anyone. There are so many ways to go. I have even put my name down for some radio training. There is also going to be a few hours of radio broadcasts available to us. That is at the planning stage. Not sure if I can do it but I could not really say no. I have to be willing to try anything if only for the experience and cut down on long posts.

I thought of something on the way home. We have a new website nearly ready and thinking about a newsletter too. My idea was any snippets of news from overseas. Anyone willing to take the role of foreign correspondent? Al that woulld be needed is a few lines periodically of news that may be overlooked by the mainstream but affects vulnerable people In fact any news or links would be welcome. There will be an open forum page on the website for anyone.

Had the plumber in earlier to plumb in my washing machine. He says he needs to replace the washers and will come back another time. I thought washers would be a regular item in a plumbers toolbox? Coming back tomorrow. Hope it's in the morning because I have an interview at 2pm. Would have liked to have it finished so to do some quick washing.

I cleaned out my room about 2 weeks ago and found around 65 quids worth of Pesetas (the old Spanish money). Googled to find out if there was any point in not binning them, sent them to Spain because apparently they still exchange them. 65 quid richer now. Happy days.

Got a work mate from Houston coming over, he's staying in London for a few days, just spoken to him on the phone and he described London as Breathtakingly beautiful.

Plus he's never seen snow..seems to be loving it too.

Hope he likes Leicester as much.

Take him to the Mogul Durbar restaurant for a taste of Leicester

God went on a bit of an expedition this morning, walking in the slush and ice is hard.

Went Job Centre incredibly easy, then to Waterstones then to Leicester Ground, got a new coat but while serving this man in a suit was moaning at the desk, seemed like a right idiot, was it anyone from this forum lol

God went on a bit of an expedition this morning, walking in the slush and ice is hard.

Went Job Centre incredibly easy, then to Waterstones then to Leicester Ground, got a new coat but while serving this man in a suit was moaning at the desk, seemed like a right idiot, was it anyone from this forum lol

Not likely :ph34r: (unless he'd come straight from court).

Edited by 21st Century Fox

Was it God?

Got a work mate from Houston coming over, he's staying in London for a few days, just spoken to him on the phone and he described London as Breathtakingly beautiful.

Plus he's never seen snow..seems to be loving it too.

Hope he likes Leicester as much.

70 degrees and sunny here today but fog was awful this morning, about 20 feet visibility driving in a 6:30

Went in Yates on Belvoir Street before I went to my games club this afternoon. There was a group of lads talking about the City and making fun of the Norwich and Ipswich fans. They were sitting on the high seats along the side as you go in.

Anyone off the forum? They may have been students or from college. 18-22?