Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Aside from working today, getting pissed for the Superbowl, and being off tomorrow, I made two loaves of bread today. One was garlic infused, which is great, although not as garlicky as I wanted it, and the other was chilli and garlic, which I haven't baked yet.

i need more beer!!!

My favourite thing is his wife pleading not guilty on the grounds of "marital coercion" - that sounds like a great way to get out of things! I just need to find me a wife...

Not unreasonable defence for me. Check out the text messages from his son http://order-order.com/2013/02/04/peter-huhnes-texts-to-lying-father/

Edited by Jon the Hat

Got a letter today to say my JSA is going up in April from £71.00 to £71.70. I'm so excited to be able to buy an extra tin of soup a week. :)

It also says it's going up in July. Looks to be the amount my pension credits would be but I have not applied yet. I don't know what it means. I'll apply anyway and see what happens or give them a call.

Got a letter today to say my JSA is going up in April from £71.00 to £71.70. I'm so excited to be able to buy an extra tin of soup a week. :)

It also says it's going up in July. Looks to be the amount my pension credits would be but I have not applied yet. I don't know what it means. I'll apply anyway and see what happens or give them a call.

I think I'm right in saying that from April you and other benefits claimants will have to pay 25% towards your Council Tax bill. :(

I'm glad that whilst I and many others like myself, working hard and happy to have a job have had pay freezes, those who don't work are getting a pay rise!

I'll swap my £71.70 PW for your wage. :)

Ok, you have to do my job and have my bills also and try to make what else you can however you can (woe is me!) to make ends meet though?

Reckon you can cope with an 8.30 to 5.30 full time job with regular take home work also and a part time job three nights a week as well as a little bit of 'self-employed' work?

You'll have to work hard though, as I'll be on JSA and dammit I deserve a payrise for doing nothing!

I know what working full time is. Did it for 45 years. Two or three years off retirement age and not many companies taking on people past 55 or giving them training or apprenticeships. Still trying though and applying. I do work. I do some volunteering so my JSA covers that.

Edited by Rincewind

All I'm saying is those that dispute that this country is fu cked up need to consider the following:

Hardworking people are having to accept pay freezes in the face of recession and often asked to work longer hours, take on more duties = real paycut

All the while, the tax burden on these people is in part due to the insistence that those who can't/don't work, need a pay rise.

Makes perfect sense. I want to move to a country where the policy actually makes sense.

Enjoy the extra 70 pence though.

You are working harder and doing more roles because jobs are being cut and scarce and some bosses are saying why should I employ more workers when the ones that I have will do more rather than be out of a job? If they leave there are plenty who will willingly do their job for less pay.

It wasn't my intention to make the post a humblebug. Sorry.

Edited by Rincewind

My favourite thing is his wife pleading not guilty on the grounds of "marital coercion" - that sounds like a great way to get out of things! I just need to find me a wife...

Basically saying that your spouse made you do it lol Definitely using this

Not unreasonable defence for me. Check out the text messages from his son http://order-order.c...o-lying-father/

Jesus. He doesn't hold back.