Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just got back from the interview for the media job. Think itwent okay. Answered the questions well and I do know the interviewers and they know a lot about me. They seemed happy with my answers. But there is more than me applying and I'm not sure how many places Ithey have to fill. They were hoping to finish this stage today but one applicant is not well so had to re-arrange their interview. Should know next week though.

They asked where do I want DNO going. I said global with it being linked with similar projects. First though we have to be recognised and I said maybe we could make a 30 min documentary about what we have aceived and doing and offer it to the BBC or Channel Four. The second option may be better as they welcome independent programs.

Just got back from the interview for the media job. Think itwent okay. Answered the questions well and I do know the interviewers and they know a lot about me. They seemed happy with my answers. But there is more than me applying and I'm not sure how many places Ithey have to fill. They were hoping to finish this stage today but one applicant is not well so had to re-arrange their interview. Should know next week though.

They asked where do I want DNO going. I said global with it being linked with similar projects. First though we have to be recognised and I said maybe we could make a 30 min documentary about what we have aceived and doing and offer it to the BBC or Channel Four. The second option may be better as they welcome independent programs.

You want a charity/campaign against homelessness to go global?

Walk before you can run!

Don't you retire in a couple of months?

Not officially. Still four years to go. I can take pension credits. But this may be something I could devote some time to for after retirement. The govt wants us to work longer. Initially only doing part time and I'll see how it goes.

Not officially. Still four years to go. I can take pension credits. But this may be something I could devote some time to for after retirement. The govt wants us to work longer. Initially only doing part time and I'll see how it goes.

Well, if you're going to take this venture worldwide (and there are a lot of homeless people worldwide), you're going to need to get busy if you want to do that in four years.

How are your language skills? (I'm assuming that English is not your first language? No offence if it is)

By the time other languages are needed there may be others better qualified involved. It will mainly be done via a web site but as you say no need to run before walking. The project is still in the funding stage and we need it to grow so as to stand alone for when that ends. That is why the web site, radio, newspaper need to be in place with staff that have been trained to work in those areas.

TBH what would you have said if asked what you would like to see happen with the project?

Edited by Rincewind

Did my first solo interview tonight. Rob Gee. I thought he was performing but he did a tour of Apex with jokes and poetry thrown in and the history of it. It has been going 40 years. The main act was a comedian who had cerebral palsy and could not speak. He used an Ipad to do his voice. He was very good.

Can't remember it all but he said once he was on the train and sat in the disabled seat a deaf blind passenger asked him to move but never moved. He said he wanted to to tell the passenger but as he couldn't speak and the passenger could not see or hear it was a waste of time so he threw a stick for his dog and said it was a pity the stick landed under the train.

He just talked about his life and how being disabled never stopped him doing things.

Have to find a way to get the recording off my phone and upload to a PC now. Not sure if Facebook can do audio. Think I can email it to somebody I know and they'll do it. It's just over 3 minutes.

Must say I feel sor of proud but he was more than willing to do the interview and made it easy.

Should be a good day......30 odd degrees outside, short day at work then work is taking us bare foot lawn bowls with a bbq lunch and a few frothies. I'll leave early and go for a run, then quick swim, early dinner with a mate then will head to a 30th where there will be nothing but dirty birds :thumbup:

Just given blood for the first time, the usual I have been meaning too but never got around to it.

Plenty of biscuits to eat in there!

I go regularly and wanted to go tonight but I tried booking in at the one in town and it said they were full tonight. Did you book?

In other news my day has been bad. I'm in a terrible mood

I go regularly and wanted to go tonight but I tried booking in at the one in town and it said they were full tonight. Did you book?

In other news my day has been bad. I'm in a terrible mood

don't you go to the one at the Catholic Hall? I went last week.

working on a cruiseship! i find it the ideal job for me at the moment, i can save a shed load of money, while travelling the world!

Nice job. My uncle worked on a Caribbean cruise ship in the 90's servicing fruit machines and whatnot.

He said it was great fun. Apart from when he had his rented bicycle stolen and the machete incident.

Went out for the first time in about a week.

Job Centre sent me on this thing months ago, but not heard anything since, so I had to contact them myself, and they said we are still processing your details through our system, which was a joke, been about a month.

But something at Leicestershire Cricket Club has come up, about two vacancies they contacted me, saying they got my details and wanted a bit more info, and said they will contact me towards the end of the month...hopefully. So not all bad on that front.

However had another letter about an appeal I sent to the Job Centre, as they stopped my benefit unfairly, but they said I might have a case and give the appeal in my favour...hopefully.

First time outside in a week?

Have you not even stepped onto the back garden in the evening to take a sniff of fresh air and admire the moon and stars? You're missing out lad!

Nope.

Nothing to go out for.

Oh no I did go out on Tuesday for my haircut :whistle:

Yes, I walked up to the one next to John Lewis in the morning but it was closed so rang up at midday and she had two slots left.

I was surprised how busy they were when in there. I never knew blokes could go every 12 weeks now I thought it was once every six months.