Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I knew it wouldn't be long before you pitched in with your defiant optimism. Admirable as it is, I can't help but think it comes from an acceptance that things are shit, rather than things actually being any good.

In fairness he lives in America, where it's brilliant news if McDonalds has a new shipment of bacon in. I imagine it's fairly easy to be cheery when surrounded by easily amazed ****wits.

I knew it wouldn't be long before you pitched in with your defiant optimism. Admirable as it is, I can't help but think it comes from an acceptance that things are shit, rather than things actually being any good.

Nah I get pissed off like everyone else, had a shit day at work yesterday at least it pays well lol, but people getting so depressed because its cold seems odd to me....lived in other countries where the weather is the same as it is here (and worse) and you never seem to here people moan about it.

In fairness he lives in America, where it's brilliant news if McDonalds has a new shipment of bacon in. I imagine it's fairly easy to be cheery when surrounded by easily amazed ****wits.

not anymore thankfully.

Nah I get pissed off like everyone else, had a shit day at work yesterday at least it pays well lol, but people getting so depressed because its cold seems odd to me....lived in other countries where the weather is the same as it is here (and worse) and you never seem to here people moan about it.

Top HB.

It's starting to get to me a bit, yeah. I love the winter, I'm a cold weather person, but I'm getting very bored of the predictable grey.

Would like to see the sun.

I'm sure a lot more people have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) than they realise, including me.

It makes a massive difference to my mood whether the sun is shining or not. Don't mind the cold, but do mind the constant grey skies and lack of sunlight recently....

Looking OK out of my Leicester window just now and the sun is out....and my mood is good (helped by the prospect of a couple of pints after work, reading a bit more of the Keith Richards autobiography and of watching Andrew Neill get witty about all the byelection infighting later....I don't ask for much).

Edited by Sir Alf Bentley

My day was was ****ing shit. Absolutely wank. One of the worst in my life.

Went for my third PGCE interview (having failed the other two last year.....) feeling fairly positive. Did well throughout most of the day, then categorically ****ed up the interview, simply because my mind went blank and I couldn't answer the most basic of questions. Don't have the results yet, but sometimes you just know that you have absolutely no chance.

Spent a year working a crappy job and volunteering in schools in my spare time to try and get onto this course and now I'll have to really wait till next year if I want another shot at it. At the moment, I have no money (£11 left in my overdraft), soon to lose my job after march, no future job prospects and I don't even have my health. This was really my last opportunity this year to turn everything round. I'm really feeling about as low as I've ever felt before.

Edited by Charl91

My day was was ****ing shit. Absolutely wank. One of the worst in my life.

Went for my third PGCE interview (having failed the other two last year.....) feeling fairly positive. Did well throughout most of the day, then categorically ****ed up the interview, simply because my mind went blank and I couldn't answer the most basic of questions. Don't have the results yet, but sometimes you just know that you have absolutely no chance.

Spent a year working a crappy job and volunteering in schools in my spare time to try and get onto this course and now I'll have to really wait till next year if I want another shot at it. At the moment, I have no money (£11 left in my overdraft), soon to lose my job after march, no future job prospects and I don't even have my health. This was really my last opportunity this year to turn everything round. I'm really feeling about as low as I've ever felt before.

Sounds rough mate but keep your chin up and try to think positive. I'm job hunting atm and although there are so many dead ends and let downs if you haven't got a positive attitude you have no chance.

Hope things work out for you mate, job and health wise

• Like 1