Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Signed off work for a further 3 weeks.

I don't know about anything your going through as I've never been or know anyone with depression mate.

But wouldn't it better to be at work so your not sat at home thinking about things. Or is it affecting your work?

Hope you get better soon mate and I'm sure you have got good friends and family around.

OK. Been on a course today. After a mix up about the venue we finished up at Apex a hour late.

The course was G.O.A.L.S which stands for

Gaining Opportunities And Living Skills

Basically it was a programme on how to motivate and feel positive about yourself. I wont go into it too much here, I may start a thread because there is a lot of advice for people who are feeling low. the web site is http://www.goalsuk.org Not looked at it yet myself but I will do. There is another day to go.

Had a strange and stressful day.

Locked the door when leaving the house the morning, pressed the handle down to check it was locked and felt something crunch. Unlocked it, tried to open it and the handle just span freely. Was already late for work so just had to leave it, on the basis that if I can't get in, neither can anybody else.

Got to work and told my boss about it and he let me go home and take the day as holiday to sort it. Had to get into my neighbour's garden and climb the fence to get round the back of mine and in through the patio door.

I was determined not to call a locksmith and get ripped off, so set about sorting the ruddy thing out. Eventually managed to jimmy the lock bolts and hooks open with two screwdrivers. Started to dismantle the lock mechanism but got stuck because the head of the machine screw that holds the lock barrel in place got completely shredded due to being over-tightened. Ended up having to drill it out and use pliers to free it.

Removed the offending part (the lock gearbox) and set about trying to get a replacement, which was easier said than done. Eventually got a local locksmith to sell me one and deliver for me to fit just in time to set off for the football! Bloody stressful as I HAD to get it sorted today because I couldn't just leave my door open, obviously.

Edited by BornBlue

Listened to our game then went out for a flatmates birthday. Really expensive place though (when he said £3.60 for a pint of Carling, I nearly collapsed), so I could only afford two drinks. If it was my birthday (or when it is my birthday), I'd just lead everyone somehwere we already know that is cheap.

Called into McDonalds on the way home and loads of Madrid fans were in there. Got talking to three of them because they were asking for directions, although they could only speak little English. Decent though.

Three sixty a pint "really expensive?" lol

Never, ever go drinking in central London, matey, you'll need a triple bypass.

£4.10 for a pint of premium lager across the road from my office, so I'm presuming it would be about £3.60-£3.80 or something for a Carling if they served it.

Edit: He has a point though. We should be paid to drink Carling. It really is the worst of the worst.

Edited by Alexikokopops

Guest MattP

The Forge in Glenfield here charges over £4 a pint now.

If you want a cheap drnk nowadays in Leicester you have to go a shithole in town, no difference between the village prices and Central London prices now.

A nice easy day today thankfully. I always feel dog rough the day after a football match. I only had 5 pints last night too.

My dad went for a scan yesterday (should've been scheduled for last week but their machine broke down) They ended up putting this dye in his arm rather than his vein causing his arm to swell big time and be in tonnes of pain. Now has his scan tomorrow

:fc:

Got a phone call from Astrium today - very close run thing apparently but didn't get a job. Gutted. Really wanted that job and did well at the interview but someone else was that little bit better.

Now got to pick myself up and focus on the group project I'm doing now and another assessment day for a different company next week.

Edited by leicsmac

Finished the two day course. It was pretty good. It made you think and be more positive.

I have set myself a goal to have a book of poetry in the High Street book shops by next year. It could be solo or an anthology from myself and others from the homeless community. One of the barriers is the cost but I may get help from the ones I work for. If it is launched as an Action Homeless project I can collect the material that goes in..

Signed on today instead of yesterday. Got a form to fill in for part time working and the benefit one. The second only has to be filled in once the first every fortnight when I sign on.

Have a meeting tomorrow to finalise the paperwork for the job.

Looking forward to it.

Guest MattP

I worked there for a few years. Think I served about 2 pints of Peroni in that time lol

Do the Aurum lot still come in for a few pints at dinner? We always used to go down there on Fridays around 2005-2007 time, great pub.

Edited by MattP