Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Do the Aurum lot still come in for a few pints at dinner? We always used to go down there on Fridays around 2005-2007 time, great pub.

I don't know mate, don't go in there anymore but I remember them lot coming in back then. Yeah it was a cracking place to work but then new owners took it over and run it into the ground

Guest MattP

I don't know mate, don't go in there anymore but I remember them lot coming in back then. Yeah it was a cracking place to work but then new owners took it over and run it into the ground

You will have definately served me a few times then.

It did go downhill bigtime, I've not been in for a while, has it picked up?

Today was normal until I was driving home.

I was waiting at the lights outside of Matalan, there was a Taxi in front of me and a van in the lane next to it on the right. All of a sudden the passenger side of the van door flew open and a bloke jumped out in a totally uncontrollable rage. He tried to wrench open the drivers door of the taxi which was locked. He then kicked the drivers door full force and was bellowing at the driver. Then got back in the van.

About 30 seconds later he jumped out again and went sprinting off down Abbey Lane!

This morning started well, as I felt the best I have in a fortnight, but it has ended with me feeling shit again.

Any reason why?

Anyway, today I found out that I managed to get a Primary PGCE offer from Leicester university, even though I thought I totally bombed the interview. Not a bad day!

Today was normal until I was driving home.

I was waiting at the lights outside of Matalan, there was a Taxi in front of me and a van in the lane next to it on the right. All of a sudden the passenger side of the van door flew open and a bloke jumped out in a totally uncontrollable rage. He tried to wrench open the drivers door of the taxi which was locked. He then kicked the drivers door full force and was bellowing at the driver. Then got back in the van.

About 30 seconds later he jumped out again and went sprinting off down Abbey Lane!

Random or had the taxi cut the can up?

Random or had the taxi cut the can up?

Not that I saw although it was quite busy, they were both at the front of the que and I was behind the taxi, at the lights on Vaughn way outside Liquid facing the John Lewis bridge, the van was in the right filter to go down towards Abbey Park.

I had only just pulled up and the bloke jumped out a few seconds later. He looked like some sort of thug to be honest and certainly acted like one.

Woke up. Dads 49th birthday so gotta visit him. Start work at 1.30 > 10 and probably gonna get stuck in the football traffic when travelling to LRI. By the time I get home I should have a nice cup of tea waiting and (albeit a short version) MOTD ready to go on the TV.cant wait!

Any reason why?

Anyway, today I found out that I managed to get a Primary PGCE offer from Leicester university, even though I thought I totally bombed the interview. Not a bad day!

Congratulations! I remember your post after the interview (you were not happy!) so glad to see you got it.

• Like 1

Any reason why?

Congrats :trumpet:

No particular reason.

Not that I saw although it was quite busy, they were both at the front of the que and I was behind the taxi, at the lights on Vaughn way outside Liquid facing the John Lewis bridge, the van was in the right filter to go down towards Abbey Park.

I had only just pulled up and the bloke jumped out a few seconds later. He looked like some sort of thug to be honest and certainly acted like one.

I've just got a car recently as it's easier for me to commute on a daily basis to Loughborough, and it's not until you start driving that you realise all taxi drivers are complete knobs!

Any reason why?

Dear God, poor you. >_<

Oh, and congrats - look forward to living for the holidays. :D:P

Congratulations! I remember your post after the interview (you were not happy!) so glad to see you got it.

Cheers! No idea how I managed it, but I'm not going to complain. Things are starting to look up!

Oh, and congrats - look forward to living for the holidays. :D:P

I'm sure I will lol

Edited by Charl91

Cheers! No idea how I managed it, but I'm not going to complain. Things are starting to look up!

I'm sure I will lol

;) What Key Stage are you going for?

;) What Key Stage are you going for?

Lower Primary. To tell the truth, I prefer years 3/4, but by the time I had to apply almost all of my work experience was in key stage one; I figured it was better to play the odds rather than having to wait another year to apply again. After all, I still enjoy working in KS1, and a few years down the line if I decide to switch to teaching the lower end of KS2, it probably wont matter so much at that point, as long as I have a few years under my belt.

Edited by Charl91

Got to go here in about a hour as part of my job. Won't have to do much else rest of the week.

http://www.actionhom...es/home-truths/

Got my camera and notepad ready.

Wasn't sure what it was. This is part of whats in the link.

Home Truths aims to tackle misconceptions about homeless people by engaging the local community in a series of workshops and consultation events. Organisations already signed up to take part in the project include DSU Volunteering, Rushey Mead Secondary School and Creative Leicestershire. An initial consultation period will engage local people in conversations about homelessness and gather personal thoughts, opinions and ideas.

Edited by Rincewind

Lovely Sunday. All the things that were due to disrupt the dday were postponed because of the weather. Spent the day in the warm with no housework/jobs to do and simply lazed about reading paper, watching telly and eating wonderful roast beef dinner. Relaxed. Bit of a shock when I foundthe car covered in snoww!

Got up at 6am to start stripping the wallpaper in my bedroom. All done now, did notice I had written on the wall the date when I last decorated...1995....probably should have redecorated sooner.

I do that quite often, sometimes when I'm redecorating someone's room that I've decorated before I find strange comments I've made about the customers previously and I have to find a way to cover them up. :blush:

I do that quite often, sometimes when I'm redecorating someone's room that I've decorated before I find strange comments I've made about the customers previously and I have to find a way to cover them up. :blush:

lol

I also used to for some reason write leicester's results in various places, saw one in my parents house underneath a shelf from 1991 against charlton (we always seem to lose to them).