Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Yeah, it was almost 2 hours of all new material. Without doubt the best stand-up working at the moment. It's a shame his show isn't shown more widely over here so he could perform more dates.

I think it's a very English kind of humour as well with the self-deprecation, liberal use of language and cynical attitude. I hope his popularity grows over here.

I think it's a very English kind of humour as well with the self-deprecation, liberal use of language and cynical attitude. I hope his popularity grows over here.

He did the O2 last night and two shows tonight, the late show I was at was packed and I thought the majority there must be there through the power of youtube and illegal downloading because he really hasn't had exposure over here. Crazy really.

The best part was he didn't have a support act so he just came out and improvised before he began his set. Hopefully he releases this new set as a live recording, it was so good.

Sleepout postponed due to the weather. I am a lot happier. Taking place 12th April now. Hopefully the weather will have improved by then.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the idea of the sleep out to make people understand what it's like to be homeless? I'm sure that the two I saw outside the Haymaarket today won't be able to go inside thanks to inclement weather. Surely it should still go ahead?

I can kind of see your point, but it's Bit cheeky to ask for people's money for something and then change the date because the weather makes it a bit inconveniant to the participants.

Edited by blue-army-andy
  • Like 4

I knew someone would pick up on that point. I agree to some extent. The text message I received says they are going to concentrate instead on this occasion on seeing that there are beds available for the ones sleeping rough. I, myself am being selfish and stopping in and watching the England game.

Going to the Lincoln City v Telford game today and doing the report for The Linc. Looking forward to it, it's a massive game and very enjoyable despite the standard. I'm hoping to see Lincoln score, I've been twice so far and they've not even looked close to putting the ball in the net!

My 16 year old brother has got all of his gawky mates round for a birthday sleepover, they look like a younger version of the Big Bang Theory crew but with MASSIVE hairdos. I actually thought one of the was actually Jamie Cullum in the actual flesh.

http://dev.celebritygossip.com/public/celebrity_pictures/jamie_cullum_1712_2.jpg

They have set up an xbox and a passing some sort of headset around as they play against another group of lads at another house and the first words that I could clearly make out was something about "Dragon Slayer".

Sleepovers are far removed from the cases of sneaky beers, multi taps and all-night FIFA tournaments of my day!

Going to the Lincoln City v Telford game today and doing the report for The Linc. Looking forward to it, it's a massive game and very enjoyable despite the standard. I'm hoping to see Lincoln score, I've been twice so far and they've not even looked close to putting the ball in the net!

Good game! I grew up watching football at Sincil Bank. I remember watching teams like Swansea, Cardiff and Hull rock up there and look where they are now lol

Good game! I grew up watching football at Sincil Bank. I remember watching teams like Swansea, Cardiff and Hull rock up there and look where they are now lol

Weren't Fulham and Wigan down there around that time too?

Was it a good game? 3-2 in the end?

Cracking game! It would be terrible to see them drop down to the BSN, they'd have to go part-time I think.

Was it a good game? 3-2 in the end?

Oh it was a brilliant match, and yes, late winner from Jamie Taylor! Telford hadn't won in the last 26 league games (now 27, a Conference record) which stretches back to the 9th October, so you can imagine the atmosphere when Telford came from 1-0 down to lead 2-1.

Some great goals too, Lincoln's first was a peach from 25 yards, and two clinical finishes from Taylor. I've finished the article, so I'll post a link when it's online :)

Edited by Jonaldinho

My day was fine. Had a night shift at work and have been on call since 10pm. Phone rings at 12pm just as i wanted to sneak a kip, QMC need a barriatric bed now. A patient has been on a trolley for 5 hours and it won't hold. Only 30 beds in the country, 28 in use, 2 faulty. Can't go out! Actually fancied goin aswell, even if it meant driving to some far flung destination to get one I'd hve racked up some OT!

For those one or two criticizing the canceling of the sleep out I was intending to do there was a warning to the general public not to travel unless absolutely necessary.The forecast for the weather would mean the roads would be too hazardous to travel. The emergency services would be busy doing other things and it was thought the time would be best spent ensuring that those generally sleeping rough were safely indoors. The decision was not taken lightly and not just for those taking part

Edited by Rincewind