Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Thanks for the good wishes. Luckily the person who ws wiyh me was an ex nurse and recognised the signs. He went with me to the RI and understood what the doctors and nurses were talking about. They gave me the all clear. My blood pressure is about right, I just have to get the Bell's Palsy under control. Used the eye drops and the bottle seems empty already but my eyrs seem OK now. Just need to use the gel and oatch at night. I was given patches that have to be taped on but I bought one that is placed around the head. Easier to use.

Sounds like it sucks. Hope you're alright.

Feel a lot better. Eating a bowl of cornflakes with 12 pills in. Slept with a patch over one eye and it helped. May still need a straw to drink properly. I can close my right eye now with a bit of effort so full recovery should be quicker. The nurse at the hospital said it cold bee up to three months.

Not a great start. Got to the Coffee Republic for a meeting and ended up in the RI. I was unsteady on my feet and one of the others had concerns over my health. The last few days I have been unable to drink properly and have had problems with my right eye. Tests were done and it appears I have Bell's Palsy brought on by a mild stroke. I have some pills which I must take 12 every morning and patches for my eye as it won't clos fully. I still have patches where they attached wires to test my heart etc. Also have gel to put on my eye. Bit scary to be honest.

Sorry to hear that mate, take it easy.

Went t5o the Job Centre to sign on a day late. Saw an advisser who was right fussy. She wanted proof that I was unable to attend yesterday even though they had a phone call yesterday that I was at the RI. Apparently I had also filled my going back to work in wrong and should have handed it it in last signing on day. She was virtually saying I was defrauding. Found a label on the eye drops from the RI eventually. Thought it was on the box. Filled in all the forms correctly eventually but it seemrd she was rushing to get me out of there, was not very friendly or sympathetic at all. I hate the place. She also questioned the day that I worked. I had put tuesday down for convenience as the hours can be spread over a week and any over five is carried over and she said how can I work if I was ill. I said I went into Apex for 15 minutes to inform them as to my health.

When I look back at my life I will know that today was the day that the dickheads came.

Almost everybody I spoke to today was a dickhead. Doing dickhead things.

A few months ago you were the happiest guy on the forum. Then you started sounding a bit more annoyed until today, evidently, you have reached your wits end. You need a holiday, bro. Take a holiday.

A few months ago you were the happiest guy on the forum. Then you started sounding a bit more annoyed until today, evidently, you have reached your wits end. You need a holiday, bro. Take a holiday.

You know what, that's not a bad idea. I have worked almost every day since I got promoted at the start of november even though my official start ate wasnt until December the 1st, often pulling in 12 hour shifts and coming in on weekends to help out too.

I honestly couldn't tell you where the last 5 weeks have gone. I might book a week off and go and hide somewhere in the Peak District where I can go out and do some quality training every day up the hills (I've never been but I assume they have hills in the Peak District?).

I don't enjoy being a mardy bastard.

EDIT: infact, I know that I will forget to book time off tomorrow if I go in and get bogged down with work, if I post on here during the day it means I'm probably taking a shit so REMIND ME TO BOOK SOME TIME OFF!!!!!!!!!

Edited by blue-army-andy

Brilliant!! My wife gave birth to a baby boy this morning. He is very handsome! It doesn't get much better than this.

Registered just to say congratulations. Hope mum and baby are both well.

Enjoy every minute of it - and do you have a name picked out yet? How about Lester?

Congratulations once again.

Ant. (Dec also sends his love)

Tiring. I drove to Reading and back yesterday and today. Managed to get there in less than 2 hours today. Took me 3.5 hours to get home just. Driving to and from Brighton tomorrow and back to reading again Monday!

I don't want to start a new thread over this as it sounds very weird lol

In MacDonalds in Leighton Buzzard yesterday I met a young lad and a couple of his brothers. One of them was wearing a city full strip! He asked me for my monopoly stickers which I gave him. Asked if he was from Leicester but he said no, his grandads a massive fan. Tod me he's on trial with us atm. Anyway so if your grandkid is called olly from down that way I want some of his winnings if he had any luck with the monopoly thing!

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

ok, went to BHF. couldn't mingle with customers so sat in cabteen sorting price tickets out. There till 5.30 time went fast. off to Derby tomorrow leaving 6.30 so may not have time for PC. Wearing CITY shirt on top of shirt during match, Not sure if i can get RL on phone.

Brilliant!! My wife gave birth to a baby boy this morning. He is very handsome! It doesn't get much better than this.

Don’t worry too much about that , the little fella could still be yours. :)

just jestin :thumbup:

congrats and don't let him near the KP :)

Registered just to say congratulations. Hope mum and baby are both well.

Enjoy every minute of it - and do you have a name picked out yet? How about Lester?

Congratulations once again.

Ant. (Dec also sends his love)

So you've finally finished assembling your lads bedroom furniture.