Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Took my two dogs to the park today, Abbey park. Got back to only find that my puppy, Trevor, a Pug puppy, had been sick all in his travel carrier. All that was there was grass, moss, a dog treat and a fag butt.

It was everywhere :/

Absolutely battered last night for a boss' birthday, got very little sleep and tonight I'm working in an empty office from 8pm to midday tomorrow.

I'm never going to last.

8pm?

Isn't it illegal to work that many hours?

Not that I'm aware of, I've done plenty of twelve hour shifts. I think you have to have a certain amount of time to rest up between shifts and you can't exceed something like an average of 50 odd hours a week over a four week stretch but there's no law against a sixteen hour shift.

I'm not 100% but fairly confident.

Edited by Finnegan

I thought you worked for the council

I do. We've outsourced our out of hours, emergency repairs call handling to a London based company and they've been spectacularly shit so far. We've offered to give them 24 hour support over this weekend to sort their act out.

I volunteered for Sunday night.

I do. We've outsourced our out of hours, emergency repairs call handling to a London based company and they've been spectacularly shit so far. We've offered to give them 24 hour support over this weekend to sort their act out.

I volunteered for Sunday night.

mate of mine used to volunteer to do the zombie shift in aid of support .He said he rarely got any calls and got paid loads.This all came to an abrupt end when the boss came in very late one evening ,whilst travelling back from a conference .There was my mate purring away on his reclining fishing chair,surrounded by DVDs and crap food.Was given a bollocking,nothing more,but lost the cosy number for good.Sweet dreams.

I've got work to be doing and little but my phone for entertainment. I volunteered for the overtime and I'll have tomorrow PM off as "recoup."

Boredom isn't my problem though it's fatigue. Because I went out last night and didn't sleep it off I'm massively zombie already. Hoping for a second wind some time soon.

I've got work to be doing and little but my phone for entertainment. I volunteered for the overtime and I'll have tomorrow PM off as "recoup."

Boredom isn't my problem though it's fatigue. Because I went out last night and didn't sleep it off I'm massively zombie already. Hoping for a second wind some time soon.

Caffeine is your friend. :D

I recommend being a freak of nature - 42 hours on no sleep and still going strong is easy that way.

Very much like one of my housemates at uni.

I swear the lad slept once a week for about 24 hours.

Someone should really take pity on Finners and keep him company in the All Nighter thread. :D

(Sadly, I'm far too old for such shenanigans nowadays!) :(

If it's a choice between talking to Large Al all night or getting sacked for falling asleep then I'm off to sign on.

Harsh but fair. :giggle: