Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I'm not sure if I should do the sleep out this Friday considering my health problem. It would be foolish to risk it.

For the record what I have may not entirely be down to drinking beer. I do not drink that much. I know someone that has above five pints 6/7 days. Even so I will cut down until my course of pills is done to quicken my recovery.

I have a question about the pills. What food do I need for vitimin D?

You don't have to explain yourself to anyone on here.

Yeah oily fish, eggs and some cereals are fortified with vitamin D (it usually states on the box somewhere). Stock up on some tinned mackeral in chilli oil, cheap and lovely!

A small update to today's sh!t-scooping story.

Unfortunately for me I didn't catch the dickweed that did it, but my plight was the source of a great deal of amusement to my PT team who all thought that it was nothing short of hilarious.

In addition, the vending maching and general maintenance guy walked in as I was on my hands and knees cleaning up this brown rat and asked "Is that what I think it is?"

Yes my confectionary supplying friend. Yes it is. Unless what you think I'm doing is some random artistry on the floor of our showers, this is likely to be exactly what you think it is. Hence the tissue regalia about my boat-race.

A result of this encounter has been a string of emails from my esteemed colleagues around the country congratulating me on my heroic duties and the promise that if it doesn't quite work out for me here then there's always a job wiping their respective arses for them. How lucky for me, at least I won't have to sign on a be labeled a scum bag.

Later on, the day got better as I was (once again) physically thretened by a steroid filled behemoth who wants to kill me (again, something about me just upsets this guy) and only one of our leaflet guys turned up resulting in me spending a few hours outside the clock tower, bashing out flyers when I could be getting on with other work.

Also it's my birthday tomorrow and I forgot to book the ****er off. If someone decides to drop another prarie-dog tomorrow then the damn thing can stay there for all to enjoy. Happy days.

• Like 2

You don't have to explain yourself to anyone on here.

Yeah oily fish, eggs and some cereals are fortified with vitamin D (it usually states on the box somewhere). Stock up on some tinned mackeral in chilli oil, cheap and lovely!

Thanks, I'm not too keen on mackeral but I'll get some anyway. If I have it with bread it won't be so bad. I want to speed up my recovery. Went out today with a walking stick. Not nice but I have swayed a bit recently whilst walking.

I'll get over it if I'm determined enough.

Unfortunately for me I didn't catch the dickweed that did it, but my plight was the source of a great deal of amusement to my PT team who all thought that it was nothing short of hilarious.

In addition, the vending maching and general maintenance guy walked in as I was on my hands and knees cleaning up this brown rat and asked "Is that what I think it is?"

Yes my confectionary supplying friend. Yes it is. Unless what you think I'm doing is some random artistry on the floor of our showers, this is likely to be exactly what you think it is. Hence the tissue regalia about my boat-race.

A result of this encounter has been a string of emails from my esteemed colleagues around the country congratulating me on my heroic duties and the promise that if it doesn't quite work out for me here then there's always a job wiping their respective arses for them. How lucky for me, at least I won't have to sign on a be labeled a scum bag.

Later on, the day got better as I was (once again) physically thretened by a steroid filled behemoth who wants to kill me (again, something about me just upsets this guy) and only one of our leaflet guys turned up resulting in me spending a few hours outside the clock tower, bashing out flyers when I could be getting on with other work.

Also it's my birthday tomorrow and I forgot to book the ****er off. If someone decides to drop another prarie-dog tomorrow then the damn thing can stay there for all to enjoy. Happy days.

lol Cracking tale!

Do you work at Pure Gym?

What food do I need for vitimin D?

Sunlight in the spring and summer months is the worlds greatest provider of vitamin D. The sunlight hitting our skin causes our body to naturally create vitamin D, or something like that.

Later on, the day got better as I was (once again) physically thretened by a steroid filled behemoth who wants to kill me (again, something about me just upsets this guy).

Next time he acts a twat just look him in the eye, flick his left nipple hard and say 'F*&K', then flick his right nipple hard and say 'OFF'.

Guarantee he won't give it the biggun again.

• Like 1

Sunlight in the spring and summer months is the worlds greatest provider of vitamin D. The sunlight hitting our skin causes our body to naturally create vitamin D, or something like that.

Next time he acts a twat just look him in the eye, flick his left nipple hard and say 'F*&K', then flick his right nipple hard and say 'OFF'.

What sunlight? Not been much of it this year so far.

lol Cracking tale!

Do you work at Pure Gym?

Close, but no cigar - I work at "The Gym" in the Highcross, Pure took our concept and copied it, imitation is the highest form of flattery!

I'm my (almost) 25 short years I've had the please of meeting some quite astonishingly intelligent people, all of whom have dispensed pearls of wisdom that have quite literally changed the course of my life. People that I hold in very high esteem and look up to.

However....

Nobody. but nobody has yet managed to give me a piece of advice that has shaken me to my core such as that one. I mean, what other choice does a slight-shaped, marathon running sliver of a man such as myself have? How have I not thought of this before??!!

I have been enlightened. Are you Yoda?

Sounds like you had a shit of a day buddy lol

After next Friday, I myself won't be touching a drop until either we get to Wembley, my twin daughters are born or NP is sacked.

We can be miserable, but slightly better off financially, together Ken.

Just for balance though, tomorrow night I'm going to see how many bottles of Old Speckled Hen I can drink.

Guest MattP

The normal is to try and quit drinking for a month, not quit sobriety...

I tried to do Jan and couldn't. Terrible addictions drinking and gambling and I've got both.

Guest MattP

Pissed? Or had a drink?

If the former, Kudos.

Actually pissed. Some nights absolutely smashed.

3 weeks on holiday and I've done every night since I got back.

Pissed? Or had a drink?

If the former, Kudos.

I got very drunk three nights in a row about a month ago and then got very scared when I was having pains in what I assumed where my liver and heart. I suffer with IBS also and had probably the worst cramps I've ever had (definitely at least 6 times more painful than childbirth, ladies) for an entire evening.

I vowed that day I'd give up drinking but then Leicester were a shambles a few days later and I accidentally got very drunk again. I probably abused quite a few people on here when NP wasn't sacked. Sorry about that (you're all idiots though).

Am I allowed to mention how much of a pr1ck (but definitely not a ****), FIF is? Is that a commonly held conviction on here?

Actually pissed. Some nights absolutely smashed.

3 weeks on holiday and I've done every night since I got back.

lol Thats impressive.

Can't drink like that anymore unfortuantley, I'd end up with symptoms similar to those described by our fake Albanian from Maidstone if I did that for 5 days never mind a month. Although I have since worked out the fear that something is wrong with a vital organ when hung over is everything to do with anxiety caused by alcohol withdrawl as opposed to anything actually being wrong with you.

Is it weird I'm pretty sure I cant get drunk anymore?

No matter how much I drink, I was on pints of stella and shots at my sisters wedding and that still didnt do it.

I remember years back realising i was 'acting' drunk just because I had so much to drink, now I remain in that mindset when drinking.

Edited by purpleronnie

Is it weird I'm pretty sure I cant get drunk anymore?

No matter how much I drink, I was on pints of stella and shots at my sisters wedding and that still didnt do it.

I remember years back realising i was 'acting' drunk just because I had so much to drink, now I remain in that mindset when drinking.

It happens on occasions, but I most definitely can still get drunk. I think sometimes when you've really built up to an occasion (like a wedding) or been at it all day (at football) it just doesn't work.