Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Certainly stood your ground and made your feelings known, although it sounds like you could have gone about it more subtly lol. I can understand and appreciate you had been patient though, and 1 comment can set anyone off once everything builds up. Hopefully your step-daughter realises where you're coming from and you clearly only want the best for her, but did you think about why she liked him in the first place (regardless of the negative stuff you saw (or smelt!))?

YES YES YES Massive Respect to you Sir!

Ha ha. Thanks for that.

While I'm glad I'm not smiling sweetly and pretending it's all ok, I'm not sure I've made this better.

I suppose there's only one way to find out, and that's wait and see what happens.

I know she was having serious second thoughts about moving in with him, until my wife told her she shouldn't, then she seemed determined to.

I kind of respect her stubbornness, and she is in her early 20s, but I wonder how long it will be until she stops being stubborn and sees sense.

Or maybe he will do what he says and turn himself around?

How was she planning on living with one boyfriend without the other one finding out?

I didn't make that clear. They were one after the other but they both ended it for no apparent reason. I think she was feeling pretty down about herself, then this lad turned up.

Certainly stood your ground and made your feelings known, although it sounds like you could have gone about it more subtly lol. I can understand and appreciate you had been patient though, and 1 comment can set anyone off once everything builds up. Hopefully your step-daughter realises where you're coming from and you clearly only want the best for her, but did you think about why she liked him in the first place (regardless of the negative stuff you saw (or smelt!))?

He is kind, no doubt about that. I think he won't dump her, as he must know he is fecking lucky to have her in the first place. And I think she feels sorry for him.

He is kind, no doubt about that. I think he won't dump her, as he must know he is fecking lucky to have her in the first place. And I think she feels sorry for him.

She sounds like an intelligent girl given what you've said - I wonder if it's best to let things cool down after this 'event' and maybe she'll realise that she maybe could do better in your eyes? Hopefully what you did gave him a massive kick up his arse so he can get his life together and prove to you and to himself, really, that he can be good enough for your step-daughter.

She gave him an ultimatum. He had two weeks to sort some things out and decorate the bedroom before she would move in with him.

He made a totally half assed effort. Now she is living there, I don't think he has the motivation to actually do anything he says he will.

She just swallows his excuses and says he tried his best.

Well, his best is pretty s***t!

Did I do good?

"Caught a whiff and went mental" lol

Good round up of events, but I'm afraid you dun f*&ked up now!!!!!!!

I kind of respect her stubbornness, and she is in her early 20s, but I wonder how long it will be until she stops being stubborn and sees sense.

From my experience of observing these things I'd say about 4 years. 6 months if you're lucky.

Edit : Or like Stan says, it could turn into a positive and he thinks 'yeah f*&k this I'm gonna sort myself out'. This could have been his Mr Motivator moment.

Edited by BoneDog

"Caught a whiff and went mental" lol

Good round up of events, but I'm afraid you dun f*&ked up now!!!!!!!

From my experience of observing these things I'd say about 4 years. 6 months if you're lucky.

Edit : Or like Stan says, it could turn into a positive and he thinks 'yeah f*&k this I'm gonna sort myself out'. This could have been his Mr Motivator moment.

You know what? I'm going to stop worrying about it.

If she ends up stinking and living in poverty, then it's her choice. We gave her the opportunity to do otherwise.

If he sorts himself out, and it's not just bullpoop, then great.

But at the end of the day, she's not a child any more.

Edited by Deucalion

As Shirley Ghostman would say - I feel your pain, I feel your shame, but you're not to blame. lol

Fingers crossed that he either bucks his ideas up, or she gets out of there before she ends up in the lazy boat too. She'll probably get fed up of him before too long if he lacks any umphhh for life.

I felt really ill yesterday, I didn't move all day and barely managed to drink a glass of water. Last night all I kept dreaming about was oranges, orange groves, orange juice, just oranges. Had I been slightly more lucid I'd have considered it was my subconscious using some Godfather symbolism to tell me I was dying. Needless to say today I now have the urge for oranges, so I going to make a **** off huge orange jelly, consume my weight in oranges and drink a gallon of orange juice.

I am absolutely shattered - man was not meant to do so much sport in one weekend. Also managed to **** up my knee while scoring in rugby because despite being on my way over the try line with no opposition around I still felt the need to slide on the astroturf to touch it down. Bloody painful stuff those artificial pitches.

Still, twatting someone in the face with a lacrosse stick when attempting to throw the ball was pretty funny.

My step daughter has been away at university for four years and came back on Saturday.

Instead of moving back in with us, she has moved in with her boyfriend. All good surely???

Well, SD has had two boyfriends while she has been away, both sensible lads as she is usually a sensible girl. Both seemed steady, safe and both talked about long-term relationships with her. We were chuffed to bits, SD's life seemed to be falling into place. She was graduating with a career surely to follow and her personal life seemed good too.

But...both dumped her out of the blue.

So she met a new lad on the internet. This was only around 6 or 7 weeks ago.

We met him and were less than impressed. The first thing you notice about him was his...aroma. You can smell him from clear six feet away. Personal hygiene is not high on his agenda. While being a nice enough lad, he comes across as ... pretty useless. He heading towards his mid-20s and used to work as a chef, a few years ago. He is currently unemployed and does not seem to have that great a motivation to change this. He also lives in a flat with his mum. We saw it on Saturday as we moved in. I've seen worse...on Police, Camera Action.

Anyway, on to my day. I moved them in yesterday in a hired van. For the whole journey I ignored the smell, I ignored his general cluelessness and I ignored his total lack of redeeming features. I just smiled and let things pass me by. As we parted yesterday, I even asked them to come for Sunday dinner today.

Today, he made a gormless comment about something he had to pay for. I got the impression he had no intention of finding the money and instead, intended to leach off SD who intends to get a job in the thing she graduated in. I left the room to put dinner on as I was annoyed. A bit later, I went back into the room to fetch something. I got a whiff and went ballistic!

I told him he was ruining her life. I told him he stank and the reason he hasn't finished decorating his bedroom in two weeks is because he is a lazy b********d. I told him he wasn't good enough for SD as he just intended to scrounge of people for the rest of his life. I then turned to SD. I reminded her of how she used to look before she met him and how she used to have dreams and ambitions. I told her he would lead her to being a council estate tramp and she was already three quarters of the way there. I told him to leave as he wasn't welcome in my house, eating me dinner, until he had proved I was wrong.

They left...and my wife was upset. She fears she will not come home now, even if she wants to.

Did I do good?

lol

StepFoxy2 did exactly this. She stayed with her ex for far too long (a nice guy but going nowhere) and ended up having a kid with him. She has made her life much harder because she couldn't make the decision to leave him, even after they moved in together and she began to hate him.

Shouting at him probably won't do you any good with the Ms or SD. If you'd had a quiet word with her instead things may have went a bit better but at least everythings out in the open now.

I felt really ill yesterday, I didn't move all day and barely managed to drink a glass of water. Last night all I kept dreaming about was oranges, orange groves, orange juice, just oranges. Had I been slightly more lucid I'd have considered it was my subconscious using some Godfather symbolism to tell me I was dying. Needless to say today I now have the urge for oranges, so I going to make a **** off huge orange jelly, consume my weight in oranges and drink a gallon of orange juice.

hope you're feeling much more cordial today :thumbup:

Not the best start of the day for me. Woke up at 7:45 when I should of been up at 6:30. If it wasn't for the apprentice ringing me up to wake me up I wouldn't of got out of bed. Had to get to Melton for 8:00 too so it was literally roll out of bed and into the car.

Ughhh I hate Mondays.

Edited by buzzer_b

I was clearing out my room yesterday, found an old phone which I'm looking to sell (HTC Desire HD - PM if interested), stuck it away in the cupboard for safe-keeping and thought nothing of it.

Got woken up today by an alarm which at first I had no bloody idea where it was coming from. I never need an alarm so I also thought who the **** has done this? As I became more and more awake, I found out it was the above phone I'd switched on and not turned back off when putting it back away. What a tit. lol.

• Like 1

Assignment in for tomorrow, I think it's slowly killing me. Can't do it, even worse, can't think of how... Got to create my own music library (like iTunes) on access. It's so complex. And access frustrates me so much.