Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Anyone at Hospitality at Leeds 02 last night? We went the distance and got in about 7. Train back to Sheffield at 11. Still feeling destroyed now. Incredible night though, Sub Focus and Camo and Krooked were top.

Detonate at Plug in Sheffield in a couple of weeks as well \o/

Not brilliant.work colleague who does all my write ups,costings for me etc phoned me up in a right state this morning.

On Saturday 6.30 am he was going home after helping the newsagent sort the lads papers,when an old bloke walked out infront of him and his car.He was going 20 mph according to him as had just turned into the road.

My colleague has just had a service and MOT on his car,doesn't drive fast and hadn't had a single drink the night before.This poor old man is fighting for his life.The police checked his phone,all ok and have taken his car away for tests.He thinks he will end up in jail for something that was obviously a tragic accident and can't see reason,no matter what people say to him.

Not brilliant.work colleague who does all my write ups,costings for me etc phoned me up in a right state this morning.

On Saturday 6.30 am he was going home after helping the newsagent sort the lads papers,when an old bloke walked out infront of him and his car.He was going 20 mph according to him as had just turned into the road.

My colleague has just had a service and MOT on his car,doesn't drive fast and hadn't had a single drink the night before.This poor old man is fighting for his life.The police checked his phone,all ok and have taken his car away for tests.He thinks he will end up in jail for something that was obviously a tragic accident and can't see reason,no matter what people say to him.

That's awful for him - I hope both pull through okay, fingers crossed.

Hope it wasn't rincewind. Fits in with the timescale too

Funnily enough I just made my first ever stir-fry, it was alright but I forgot to boil the veg first so it was essentially raw.

My excuse is that I did it deliberately to keep the nutrients in there!

Considering my career my cooking skills are an absolute shambles, I'll have a steep learning curve when I move into the flat.

Edited by blue-army-andy

Funnily enough I just made my first ever stir-fry, it was alright but I forgot to boil the veg first so it was essentially raw.

My excuse is that I did it deliberately to keep the nutrients in there!

Considering my career my cooking skills are an absolute shambles, I'll have a steep learning curve when I move into the flat.

What were you stir-frying? You don't usually have to boil anything, you just need to get your wok or pan really hot and it's supposed to be crispy (as in raw) but slightly charred.

I made a huge batch of spag bowl today which will last a good few days. Batch cooking is the way forward when you just can't be arsed every night.

I batch cook chicken curry, chicken chilli and fried rice. I have a lot of freezer space so I can cook big portions freeze them and get them out when needed. I get around 10-12 takeaway quality (because I`v learned to cook) curries for around £10 and chilli for about the same. I`v also batched cooked Lasagna and frozen it. I use takeaway type containers that you can get from Poundland to store the stuff.

Buying ready made/convenience meals used to be a cheap option but have you seen the prices, quality and the portions of some of the stuff they try to sell now? Its bollox...

I batch cook chicken curry, chicken chilli and fried rice. I have a lot of freezer space so I can cook big portions freeze them and get them out when needed. I get around 10-12 takeaway quality (because I`v learned to cook) curries for around £10 and chilli for about the same. I`v also batched cooked Lasagna and frozen it. I use takeaway type containers that you can get from Poundland to store the stuff.

Buying ready made/convenience meals used to be a cheap option but have you seen the prices, quality and the portions of some of the stuff they try to sell now? Its bollox...

Yeah I can't remember the last time I bought any preprepared food, I like to know exactly whats going in it and I enjoy cooking. I usually batch cook loads of gumbos and jambalaya type things.

I forgot to mention I made you Spicy bean minestrone soup type thing the other day when I was ill, I accredit it to the speedy recovery I made. I think the only difference I made was I added some chorizo (because I will add chorizo to any meal that can possibly have chorizo added to lol )

I highly recommend it to anyone for its flavoursomeness (yep I just made that word up) and it's health revitalising qualities.

Edited by 21st Century Fox
  • Like 1

Yeah I can't remember the last time I bought any preprepared food, I like to know exactly whats going in it and I enjoy cooking. I usually batch cook loads of gumbos and jambalaya type things.

I forgot to mention I made you Spicy bean minestrone soup type thing the other day when I was ill, I accredit it to the speedy recovery I made. I think the only difference I made was I added some chorizo (because I will add chorizo to any meal that can possibly have chorizo added to lol )

I highly recommend it to anyone for its flavoursomeness (yep I just made that word up) and it's health revitalising qualities.

We need to get a cooking thread up and running, people are missing out lol

What were you stir-frying? You don't usually have to boil anything, you just need to get your wok or pan really hot and it's supposed to be crispy (as in raw) but slightly charred.

Ah - it was chicken, the noodles veg and sauce - perhaps the pan wasn't hot enough, I also haven't got a wok do just used a fryin pan assuming it would be pretty similar.

Gotta go out today, to the jobs place I have to go to in town, fingers crossed they have something decent for me, but I doubt it.

Which means I have to cross Upperton Road, therefore I could well come close to being run over again.

But I will also be on poontang watch.