Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

No non league and the course wasn't just about playing football.

I doubt you'd make it as a non league footballer by going on a course. The best thing to do is play at the highest standard that your good enough for.

A good friend of mine plays for Alfreton Town he was with Leicester up until he was 18 then moved to Hinckley and then Nuneaton. A lot of players who play non league football are lads who got released from professional teams.

You thought about doing any coaching badges down Holmes Park?

Went out drinking last night and met up with some old schoolfriends. Apparently my old history teacher has gone missing in Syria. He went missing there before for a few days having apparently been captured and tortured. This time though it's been 2 weeks and counting... :blink:

Went out drinking last night and met up with some old schoolfriends. Apparently my old history teacher has gone missing in Syria. He went missing there before for a few days having apparently been captured and tortured. This time though it's been 2 weeks and counting... :blink:

Having been "captured and tortured", wouldn't you get out of the country as quick as possible?

Having been "captured and tortured", wouldn't you get out of the country as quick as possible?

I'm not fully clued up, but as I understand it, the first time he went there he was very much anti-rebels. Then he got captured and tortured along with some rebels before being released and allowed to return home. This made him suddenly become a big rebel sympathiser and apparently the reason he went back was to join them.

But yeah, a lot of our discussions last night went along the lines of "why the fvck would you go back?"

Still teaching, but I've now also crossed over to the darkside of 'the management'. >_< New kids to educate, inspire and terrorise. :D Not starting until Sept, though, which seems such a long time away. :/ I'm not looking forward to the next 12 weeks in my current school, it's difficult to stay motivated when you know you're moving on. Ah well. :cool:

I'm sure you'll be just fine in your new job - it was the one you really wanted, wasn't it? :smile: Do you have to put your hands inside people's chests and manually pump their heart and stuff, like they do on Casualty? :ermm::P

Still teaching, but I've now also crossed over to the darkside of 'the management'. >_< New kids to educate, inspire and terrorise. :D Not starting until Sept, though, which seems such a long time away. :/ I'm not looking forward to the next 12 weeks in my current school, it's difficult to stay motivated when you know you're moving on. Ah well. :cool:

I'm sure you'll be just fine in your new job - it was the one you really wanted, wasn't it? :smile: Do you have to put your hands inside people's chests and manually pump their heart and stuff, like they do on Casualty? :ermm::P

Congrats AOWW. :)

Yesterday was great. Booked a it and today off work to spend the day & night in Birmingham. Went shopping and drinking in the day and later on went to the Premier League Darts which was superb. Had a mad night out in the city and couldn't believe how busy it was for a Thursday.

My wallet has taken a beating and I feel like shit, but it's certainly good to get out of Leicester sometimes. For some of it's downfalls, Birmingham can be an excellent city.

Edited by RonnieTodger