Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Been out a lot today, sometimes I don't go out for like five days in a row, but I've been out twice today.

Haircut now feeling fresh, went Leicester ground got my ticket, now just been out for two hours walking my mates Dog, around Aylestone. 

Gotta make the most of the sun though, cause it's decent.

Guest MattP

Fairly exciting.

Made a new business contact who wants me to help him do something that could turn out to be good, gambling related and might result in a few quid and a few days out over the summer.

Sent a few cv's out again as I'm looking for some part time office work to tide me over as cash flow isn't great at all at the minute, too many holidays/sports tickets booked and City making the play offs is stretching me further.

Lied in the Garden and had a couple of bucks fizz's whilst watching the Giro D'Italia. Nice.

Got some test results back from the docs - I don't have glandular fever but then it now begs the question what the hell illness do I have which consists of a fever and swollen tonsil glands?! Bear in mind that the first time around, the doctor said it wasn't tonsillitis. Misdiagnosis? I may be referred to an ENT doctor now, though, which I have no qualms about. 

Got some test results back from the docs - I don't have glandular fever but then it now begs the question what the hell illness do I have which consists of a fever and swollen tonsil glands?! Bear in mind that the first time around, the doctor said it wasn't tonsillitis. Misdiagnosis? I may be referred to an ENT doctor now, though, which I have no qualms about. 

That's a fancy term for a tree surgeon.

Fairly exciting.

Made a new business contact who wants me to help him do something that could turn out to be good, gambling related and might result in a few quid and a few days out over the summer.

Sent a few cv's out again as I'm looking for some part time office work to tide me over as cash flow isn't great at all at the minute, too many holidays/sports tickets booked and City making the play offs is stretching me further.

Lied in the Garden and had a couple of bucks fizz's whilst watching the Giro D'Italia. Nice.

Lay in the garden matt, and I hope its the 2 girls from bucks fizz you crazy cat.

In the process of de-cluttering as moving into a new flat soon, so selling some stuff on ebay and it amazes me the amount of money people will pay for random stuff. I'm not complaining and its all in good condition but the sun must've gone to peoples heads this weekend. Sold my acoustic guitar which i've had for 2 years old and bought second hand anyway, and made £50 profit, also sold some old running gear and made profit too.

Tempted to put more on but at this rate i'll have nothing to take with me!

Another frustrating day's teaching where I ask myself why is teaching all about what's best for OFSTED and not what's best for the kids in our school. ****ing targets this and targets that means kids get spoon-fed the curriculum so they can go away with a set of qualifications but they'll be bloody useless in the real world because they're not taught to think for themselves or make decisions.

Basically got a bollocking from the boss because I'm allowing a handful of kids to fail. Ironically it would probably be the best thing that ever happened to them if they did fail but instead they'll go away with barely deserved qualifications that have been handed to them on a plate - what sort of message does that give them?

So, so frustrating. Ofsted can go violate themselves,

Edited by Paddy Akinbiyi
  • Like 2

Another frustrating day's teaching where I ask myself why is teaching all about what's best for OFSTED and not what's best for the kids in our school. ****ing targets this and targets that means kids get spoon-fed the curriculum so they can go away with a set of qualifications but they'll be bloody useless in the real world because they're not taught to think for themselves or make decisions.

Basically got a bollocking from the boss because I'm allowing a handful of kids to fail. Ironically it would probably be the best thing that ever happened to them if they did fail but instead they'll go away with barely deserved qualifications that have been handed to them on a plate - what sort of message does that give them?

So, so frustrating. Ofsted can go violate themselves,

Agree completely. But Ofsted violating themselves doesn't even compare to what I'd like to happen to Gove. :@

If I faced the window with my neck towards it, how could I see the gays across the road.

You didn't think that one through did you ;)

Perhaps your Dad is talking you through their antics now from downstairs. And wherever you got sunburned I hope it's not too severe.  :thumbup:

Perhaps your Dad is talking you through their antics now from downstairs. And wherever you got sunburned I hope it's not too severe.  :thumbup:

Just said where I've been sunburned.

Can't you read?

yeah your dick. Bit of sudocrem will sort you out.  :thumbup:

Apparently, smearing mustard on sunburn is said to speed up the healing process. :D

Edited by anotherofwalshieswomen
  • Like 2