Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Why would the doc think you were abusing your child because he drank a load of calpol? I'm sure he didn't, I'm a nurse and from my brief stint in a&e I can tell you it happens all the time!

He made us strip FoxyJr to check for bruises then asked if he was on an at risk register.

I got a phone call from the hospital in the middle of counselling to say that FoxyJr was needed ASAP as the labs couldn't use his blood sample from yesterday. Had to leave, collect FoxyJr and drive like a maniac to get to a+e. he gave blood and we were sent home.

MsFoxy got another interview for a school in Oxford :scarf:

Only £300 in missed flights so far <_<

Edited by FoxyPV

He made us strip FoxyJr to check for bruises then asked if he was on an at risk register.

I got a phone call from the hospital in the middle of counselling to say that FoxyJr was needed ASAP as the labs couldn't use his blood sample from yesterday. Had to leave, collect FoxyJr and drive like a maniac to get to a+e. he gave blood and we were sent home.

MsFoxy got another interview for a school in Oxford :scarf:

Only £300 in missed flights so far <_<

fookin hell chief you're going through the bloody wringer! at least she got another interview! Chin up!  :)

Revision as per usual. Can't wait until these exams are over, especially EU next Tuesday. Wrote down the case name and legal principle of 82 cases earlier today, this is what happens when the tutor refuses to narrow down the exam down.

The Mrs gave me her engagement ring back today.

I'm thinking that's a bad sign.

I'm no psychologist mate but no, it doesn't look good.

Some housing association scum have moved in two doors down. Fking massive group of them outdoors 24 hours a day. Not a single one of them works. They're all outside getting boozed up and smoking all day. Little kids and dogs running around unsupervised. Neighbours have had a window smashed, another neighbour's tyres have been slashed. A teenage girl down the road has had things shouted at her, her older brother has had stones thrown at him.

Absolutely fking unbelievable. You see these scum on tv but you don't realise how bad they are until they move into your neighbourhood en masse. They're a diagrace. Hard working residents are not only pissed off that their tax money goes to pay for these cvnts, they're now also living in fear in their own homes. I'm not comfortable describing these people as human. I don't recognise their behavior as human.

Enough is enough. Welfare state needs scrapping. I'd honestly rather people die than turn out like this.

Edited by MooseBreath

Some housing association scum have moved in two doors down. Fking massive group of them outdoors 24 hours a day. Not a single one of them works. They're all outside getting boozed up and smoking all day. Little kids and dogs running around unsupervised. Neighbours have had a window smashed, another neighbour's tyres have been slashed. A teenage girl down the road has had things shouted at her, her older brother has had stones thrown at him.

Absolutely fking unbelievable. You see these scum on tv but you don't realise how bad they are until they move into your neighbourhood en masse. They're a diagrace. Hard working residents are not only pissed off that their tax money goes to pay for these cvnts, they're now also living in fear in their own homes. I'm not comfortable describing these people as human. I don't recognise their behavior as human.

Enough is enough. Welfare state needs scrapping. I'd honestly rather people die than turn out like this.

Other than calling them scum, wishing they were dead and de-humanising them (any historian will tell you where THAT leads), here are some practical solutions.

• Talk to them.  You never know, a word in the right place might make things better.  I once lived next door to a Traveller who spent most of his weekends taking speed.  Him and his missus had three young lads who were right little buggers.  When he moved in, I knocked his door, introduced myself and told him to let me know if there was anything I could do as a neighbour and I would, if it was alright with him, consider him likewise.  Even though there were some local problems with his kids (one of them liked setting stuff on fire) the neighbour was as good as gold, he told his kids that he would give them hell if they ever backchatted me or my missus, he told me in advance when they were having a party, they kept a look out for our house while we were away on holiday.  They were good neighbours. We kept oursleves to ourselves mostly, but we did occasionally talk over the fence.

If I had just judged him and wanted him dead rather than talking to him, it would have been a lot worse.

• If that doesn't work, confront them.  If they are out of order, tell them they are.  You can be assertive without being aggressive. They might not know what their kids are up to.  They might not know they are annoying the neighbours. I grew up on the Saff and have lived in some of the worst housing estates in Glasgow.  I've still gone and banged the door when a neighbour had the music up too loud. True, I've ended up with the occasional rumble, but you can't let people cow you behind your front door.  Despite what you suggest, most people don't want hassle outside their front door and if they are out of order and you let them know that you are unhappy about it, it could help.

• Keep a log.  The police always tell people with neighbour issues to do this.  Sometimes, only when a person is faced with a litany of events do they realise the harm they are doing.

• Film them.  If crimes are going on and you don't feel confident confronting the perpetrators, film it and show the film to the filth.

• Involve your community police officers.  In fact, if others are being affected by antisocial behaviour, get together with neighbours and involve community police officers. 

• Stand as a politician.  If you think that ending the welfare state would be a popular proposal, try seeing if others will suppport you.  Frankly, I think you are wrong, but that's democracy.  Failing that, involve your local councillor to see what policies he has for community cohesion, antisocial behiour and child safety / dog control.

• If dogs are out of control, call the local authority environment department's dog warden team

All of the above are probably bettter than resenting them from within your home, wishing them dead and then doing nowt about it.

You probably won't believe this, given our exchanges in the recent past, but really, good luck with this.  There are enough people in the big wide world who want to do us harm, without having to deal with strife on our doorsteps..

Go for it.

• Like 1

Other than calling them scum, wishing they were dead and de-humanising them (any historian will tell you where THAT leads), here are some practical solutions.

[*]Film them. If crimes are going on and you don't feel confident confronting the perpetrators, film it and show the film to the filth.

Go for it.

You lost me when calling bad neighbours scum is wrong but calling the Police Filth is ok. Edited by Jon the Hat

Harry Brown the fvckers.