Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Thanks everyone.

Had to knock £15k off the price of the house to try and get it sold. 

To try and spruce the place up, I've spent the last hour or so paint the ceilings in the kitchen and utility.  Urgh! I hate cutting in!

Are you painting the walls as well?

Going to paint them over the weekend.

Don't try and cut in the ceiling, hit the top of the wall with your brush when painting around the edge. It's better and easier to cut in the top of the wall when you're painting that.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

Had to knock £15k off the price of the house to try and get it sold.

To try and spruce the place up, I've spent the last hour or so paint the ceilings in the kitchen and utility. Urgh! I hate cutting in!

so do I,I even paid a mob to come over the Sunday I went to the marathon.Hall,stairs landing,ceiling ,11 doors to gloss( really hate) £600.Thats how much I hate it.

Workman finished patio re vamp and extension ( of patio)wall and turf relaying .It looks the dogs at the moment,well chuffed.

Edited by cambridgefox

Just had a magic phone call.

Secured a deal for our new company with a client we've been in contact with for about two months now - got the confirmation on the line this morning, been dreading this moment for a while (not knowing whether we'd get the nod).

Happy.

Our college course is ridiculous. I'm studying Level 3 Plumbing at the moment. It's quite complicated in that half or our course (myself included) are on this new syllabus by City and Guilds. The other half are on the old one. The old one is easy, a complete piece of piss to be frank (I know as I took the first year of that course in 2008 before being made redundant) This new course is incredibly hard and so poorly ran by C&G it's unbelievable. They set mock question papers which no one has the answers to, and some of the questions even baffle our tutors.

They are also introducing new modules even halfway through the course. I am due to finish in July after starting in September 2011. However, two months ago they decided to introduce an electricians side of the course. There was a very brief one incorporated into the old syllabus in that you had to know how to wire up a heating system with its components. In this new course though according to our electrician tutor we've been having, this new module will take us just under the level of knowledge of a Part P Electrician. We have had 17 weeks theory t learn what sparkies usually learn in 2/4 years. A stupid idea really. Anyway, I scraped a pass in the theory exam today, with the practical side in two weeks time!

The government really need to stop tinkering with courses like this. There will be some very good plumbers out there who will fail the course due to the electricians aspect of it.

I went through Leicester today for the first time in about a year.

I have to say (randomly) that Granby Street and London Road are both a dump.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I went through Leicester today for the first time in about year.

I have to say (randomly) that Granby Street and London Road are both a dump.

Yep - I can't wait to get out - we do have nice areas, but the more I work in and see the city centre, the more I can't wait to move on up the ladder and go to a better city.

Norwich was nice when I was there. And I like Manchester too.

Carnage in the gym earlier. Some black girl came in wearing ridiculous hot pants that were riding half way up her arse and a tank top thing which her breasts were practically falling out of. A few people myself included couldn't help but take a slightly prolonged glance as you might imagine. But one particular Indian guy was more of less following her around the gym and the black girl knew it and was getting visibly annoyed, trying to shake him off. Eventually she snapped and went ape shit at this guy in a ****ing superb black person accent (excuse my ignorance), at the top her voice with her arms flailing around she was like "why-a-dun folla me little man. Little man whatcha dun looking at yo? Ya want to see me easy is that it? I kill ya if ya look.at me again ya hear, I kill ya dont ya think imma lying now little man" and all this. Was fooking funny. And the little man ended up ducking out. Don't think he'll been seen in there for a while.

Edited by MooseBreath
  • Like 4

Carnage in the gym earlier. Some black girl came in wearing ridiculous hot pants that were riding half way up her arse and a tank top thing which her breasts were practically falling out of. A few people myself included couldn't help but take a slightly prolonged glance as you might imagine. But one particular Indian guy was more of less following her around the gym and the black girl knew it and was getting visibly annoyed, trying to shake him off. Eventually she snapped and went ape shit at this guy in a ****ing superb black person accent (excuse my ignorance), at the top her voice with her arms flailing around she was like "why-a-dun folla me little man. Little man whatcha dun looking at yo? Ya want to see me easy is that it? I kill ya if ya look.at me again ya hear, I kill ya dont ya think imma lying now little man" and all this. Was fooking funny. And the little man ended up ducking out. Don't think he'll been seen in there for a while.

lol !

Yep - I can't wait to get out - we do have nice areas, but the more I work in and see the city centre, the more I can't wait to move on up the ladder and go to a better city.

You have to put up with all the dickheads in Norwich though. I can't stand being there more than a weekend.

We need more foxes in Sheffield!

All city centres are full of gypos to be fair. Even the nicer cities, once you start to see past the superficial niceness all you're left with is gypos just like everywhere else.

Although I'd draw the line at cov. There's no way I'd want to live somewhere as scummy as that.

You have to put up with all the dickheads in Norwich though. I can't stand being there more than a weekend.

We need more foxes in Sheffield!

I do like Norwich,one of my preferred cities to live in if I had the choice.

Know what you mean about dickheads mind,they even seem simple to me and I'm from the fens!

My best chant of last year at Norwich.

You've stolen our seats

You've stolen our seeeeaaatttsss

You 6 fingered inbreds

You've stolen our seats

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Like 1

lol lol lol !!

Going out tonight, end of exams for most people plus someone's birthday. Doing pub golf, so a load of us going out looking like idiots. Should be decent, but a pint in every pub or whatever, can't see it ending happy...

Been okay day at College but I came home to somewhat a shock, I had email from the college telling me that there's a football trials day at the college for students to get onto the college academy! lol , sounds good but it said on the email it was tomorrow!  :( So even though i should be jumping with joy with the chance of getting onto the academy i found myself actually quite nervous!, maybe its because I haven't had time to prepare, or am I going to look a right idiot and be outclassed.

Not sure to go lads, I really need some encouragement.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Went to see the doctor today about the kidney stone I passed on Monday, he was quite shocked when I showed it to him and told me that I was very lucky to pass it out saying "it could have caused big problems, if you get any more pain in your abdominal area its straight to A & E"  :blink:.  He booked me in for a scan to find out if I have any more and gave me a course of antibiotics for the infection its caused (custard piss).

.....and I can not stop drinking tomato juice (with a dash of Worcester sauce), i`m on my 3rd carton of the day.

Been okay day at College but I came home to somewhat a shock, I had email from the college telling me that there's a football trials day at the college for students to get onto the college academy! lol , sounds good but it said on the email it was tomorrow! :( So even though i should be jumping with joy with the chance of getting onto the academy i found myself actually quite nervous!, maybe its because I haven't had time to prepare, or am I going to look a right idiot and be outclassed.

Not sure to go lads, I really need some encouragement.

Go, if you don't then you 100% won't get in the squad.

Look at what I'm doing in the running thread, same thing really.