Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Went to see the doctor today about the kidney stone I passed on Monday, he was quite shocked when I showed it to him and told me that I was very lucky to pass it out saying "it could have caused big problems, if you get any more pain in your abdominal area its straight to A & E"  :blink:.  He booked me in for a scan to find out if I have any more and gave me a course of antibiotics for the infection its caused (custard piss).

.....and I can not stop drinking tomato juice (with a dash of Worcester sauce), i`m on my 3rd carton of the day.

I can't believe you passed that without cracking the pan !!

Went to see the doctor today about the kidney stone I passed on Monday, he was quite shocked when I showed it to him and told me that I was very lucky to pass it out saying "it could have caused big problems, if you get any more pain in your abdominal area its straight to A & E"  :blink:.  He booked me in for a scan to find out if I have any more and gave me a course of antibiotics for the infection its caused (custard piss).

.....and I can not stop drinking tomato juice (with a dash of Worcester sauce), i`m on my 3rd carton of the day.

I've had kidney stones & not as big as the boulder you passed.

Quite honestly, the pain was something else & I seriously thought it might be curtains.  I had no idea what the pain was & I had never felt pain like it.  My girlfriend got in a bit of a flap & rang for an ambulance!!

They didn't send an ambulance & the pain eventually subsided.  It all happened at about 2am & by the time the doctor had called to check on me, I'd gone back to bed.  But then a couple of weeks later the pain returned........& it was twice as painful as before.  I waited for the pain to subside but it wouldn't.  I was in so much pain, I was spewing into a bucket as I was driven to A&E.

The nurse actually said that the pain is worse than child-birth & as bad as being shot.  Not quite sure about that - but that's what she said.

A day in hospital & a shitload of morphine.  Turned into quite a good day out  :)

Another thing that doesn't help is i've not been well this evening.

Stop being a puff.

My mate had football training the other night, in that pouring rain we had, and got absolutely drenched.

That is what I call hardcore.

What would the girls say, if they know you back out of things because of a cold. 

I can't believe you passed that without cracking the pan !!

It ricocheted off the rim and landed in the bath  lol

I've had kidney stones & not as big as the boulder you passed.

Quite honestly, the pain was something else & I seriously thought it might be curtains.  I had no idea what the pain was & I had never felt pain like it.  My girlfriend got in a bit of a flap & rang for an ambulance!!

They didn't send an ambulance & the pain eventually subsided.  It all happened at about 2am & by the time the doctor had called to check on me, I'd gone back to bed.  But then a couple of weeks later the pain returned........& it was twice as painful as before.  I waited for the pain to subside but it wouldn't.  I was in so much pain, I was spewing into a bucket as I was driven to A&E.

The nurse actually said that the pain is worse than child-birth & as bad as being shot.  Not quite sure about that - but that's what she said.

A day in hospital & a shitload of morphine.  Turned into quite a good day out  :)

I didn`t have much pain to be honest just a little bit of discomfort, I think i`v been very lucky.

I`m shitting myself at the thought of having more though after reading your story  :blink:.

Carnage in the gym earlier. Some black girl came in wearing ridiculous hot pants that were riding half way up her arse and a tank top thing which her breasts were practically falling out of. A few people myself included couldn't help but take a slightly prolonged glance as you might imagine. But one particular Indian guy was more of less following her around the gym and the black girl knew it and was getting visibly annoyed, trying to shake him off. Eventually she snapped and went ape shit at this guy in a ****ing superb black person accent (excuse my ignorance), at the top her voice with her arms flailing around she was like "why-a-dun folla me little man. Little man whatcha dun looking at yo? Ya want to see me easy is that it? I kill ya if ya look.at me again ya hear, I kill ya dont ya think imma lying now little man" and all this. Was fooking funny. And the little man ended up ducking out. Don't think he'll been seen in there for a while.

lol where do you go gym Moosey? lol

Spearmint Rhino? lol

• Like 1

Woke up this morning still feeling bad, i think i've picked up a virus and I simply don't have the energy to run. So I couldn't go, luckly the coach said there's another sort of trials day in July, so i'll probably attend that instead. Least it gives me time to get more practice in :)

Edited by Leicesterpool

Went RI to have my little finger reset after fracturing it. I now ave the one next to it bandaged to it. Makes it hardfer to hold things. Anyone know how long I have to wait for a finger to set right?

Also been having problems with my printer. It's not been printing. Everything connected OK and the PC recognises it. May have solved it somehow. In the properties there was a dropdown menu for printers and I selected another. Same printer but the main one. It was on Hp (1) for some reason. Just printed something off. Don't know how it happened (going wrong( and not made easier with struggling to focus and read.

Went RI to have my little finger reset after fracturing it. I now ave the one next to it bandaged to it. Makes it hardfer to hold things. Anyone know how long I have to wait for a finger to set right?

Also been having problems with my printer. It's not been printing. Everything connected OK and the PC recognises it. May have solved it somehow. In the properties there was a dropdown menu for printers and I selected another. Same printer but the main one. It was on Hp (1) for some reason. Just printed something off. Don't know how it happened (going wrong( and not made easier with struggling to focus and read.

And to type ;)

I've done the same to two fingers on two separate occasions. The first time I was on leave in the army for the weekend. The doctor at Burton hospital told me to keep it strapped up for at least a couple of weeks after he had reset it. I had to go to the Med Centre to get a sick chit the next day and the MO told me to take the bandage off and try and get movement in it as soon as possible!

In other words I don't think it matters too muvh

Had the all clear from my GP anyway. Checked me over and heart's OK a little overweight but healthy and blood free from alcohol. They seem to point at booze now for all problems. According to my GP the limit is a pint a day. Not drank for over a month because of medication and being hopitalized. Not really missed it but being a fan of real ale It's the variety I miss. Became addicted to hot chocolate in hospital.

Was told by the dotor/nurse serving it that it is good for you. I always thought it was fattening.

They said I*'d get  a letter when I needed to go back. I'm about over my Bell's Palsy. Got sticks but more used for balance. I can manage around the house without them. Just got a few pills to take. Should take more than I am taking but I don't like relying on pills or mixing them. They tend to make me drowsy.

Edited by Rincewind

Was driving southbound on the A46 about 12.30 this afternoon and on the opposite carriage there was a terrible accident.

God knows how it happened but the car must have gone about 15ft up in the air bounced when it came down and landed back on all four wheels. The passenger opened his door straight the way and got out, don't know how the driver was, but it was a couple that looked in their 60's.

Hope they are both ok but I wouldn't be surprised if the driver is in a serious condition.

Do not know how long it take's finger's to set but when I mutilated my right hand a few years ago I had to do everything with my left hand for four months, now I'm a little ambidextrous anyway but it is quite amazing how you can get by with only one hand working, bar tying shoe laces which I just shoved into the inside of my shoes lol

I have been looking on Ebay for a Kindle but don't know much about them. They are on sale at Amazon for £69 so any similar for less will do. There are some close to end bid times. Any suggestions would be helpful.

You can buy a cheap tablet from around £40 and then download the kindle app for free. The screen quality probably won't be as good though.

Ignore that, I've sent you a PM.

Edited by Webbo

Do not know how long it take's finger's to set but when I mutilated my right hand a few years ago I had to do everything with my left hand for four months, now I'm a little ambidextrous anyway but it is quite amazing how you can get by with only one hand working, bar tying shoe laces which I just shoved into the inside of my shoes lol

I cut a tendon in a finger years ago and had one of those plastic splints on for a good few weeks, when it came to having it taken off the doctor at the RI bent the finger a little bit and the pain almost sent me through the roof.

Having not moved it for a few weeks it had effectively seized up, hurt like hell every time he moved it, then he put the splint back on and told me to come back in a week or two. I really did look forward to going through that all again!

Only a 50 50 chance it would heal as I didn't go in for a week after I did it which was foolish and got me a bollocking from them, it did heal though.

I forgot, at the same time I had the splint on a finger on my left hand, I cut open my right hand on some steel at work and had stitches in that. I wasn't very handy for quite a while!

Edited by promised land

I cut a tendon in a finger years ago and had one of those plastic splints on for a good few weeks, when it came to having it taken off the doctor at the RI bent the finger a little bit and the pain almost sent me through the roof.

Having not moved it for a few weeks it had effectively seized up, hurt like hell every time he moved it, then he put the splint back on and told me to come back in a week or two. I really did look forward to going through that all again!

Only a 50 50 chance it would heal as I didn't go in for a week after I did it which was foolish and got me a bollocking from them, it did heal though.

I forgot, at the same time I had the splint on a finger on my left hand, I cut open my right hand on some steel at work and had stitches in that. I wasn't very handy for quite a while!

Wiping yer arse must have been difficult

Yeah, my hand was stiff as a board and so weak it would not hold a pen, took a long time to get it back to working like a normal hand.

Still remember when a nurse first bent it into a fist, the pain was the same as if someone bent all my fingers backwards and she did this slowly three times.

Still, the staff at the LRI knew their job's and inspite of the pain I got my hand back. The only one I did not like was some idiot doctor who thought a golf appointment was more important than seeing me after I had waited for half a day, but that was in the broken bones department not the physiotherapy section.

Yes it was not good when they put the bones in place but they injected it so my finger was numb. I said just do it but don't tell me when. Managed some chicken and chips OK tonight. Sleeping is a problem but I rest my hand on my side and it fits just right. I take a paracetamol which helps. Today I slept to nearly midday.

I don't know why they taped two fingers together. The doc was only using the second as a guide for the broken one. A student was watching and happened to be some one who has served me at the Age Concern restaurant in town.

Pulling the bones back in place is the best way to do it though. If they didn't do it there it would mean staying in and having a op so an injection and short pain is best.. If it was in the wilds like up a mountain or jungle the bones would just be snapped into place and you'd carry on  as normal. We are lucky to have a hospital and doctors to do it  properly.

You can buy a cheap tablet from around £40 and then download the kindle app for free. The screen quality probably won't be as good though.

Ignore that, I've sent you a PM.

Thanks. I've ordered one £62.10. I don't suppose I'll get one cheaper. I have the habit of doing things on impulse. I either leave it or go for it.

KS-slate-02-sm._V389702463_.jpg

• Like 1

Just done English literature exam **** me it was hard to write so much in that time. I have done two exams already for Lit, got 70/70 UMS and 38/40 UMS which means i'm on a*, if I get a mid A will i still have an A* come the end of it? :(