Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just done English literature exam **** me it was hard to write so much in that time. I have done two exams already for Lit, got 70/70 UMS and 38/40 UMS which means i'm on a*, if I get a mid A will i still have an A* come the end of it? :(

I had to do this whilst doing A-level, too.

One of the most dullest subjects around (personally, as I had to study the book 'Of Mice and Men', which bored me to shreds) - understand how narrative works, look at genre and to learn about critical approaches to texts.................  :yawn:  

But still, apparently, looking around genre (understanding various concepts of it) and learning how to critically analyse various parts of books, written texts etc is key for University success (should you carry on in education).

Just done English literature exam **** me it was hard to write so much in that time. I have done two exams already for Lit, got 70/70 UMS and 38/40 UMS which means i'm on a*, if I get a mid

A will i still have an A* come the end of it? :(

Me too! What books did you do?

The exam was pretty easy, although for the bit about how Steinbeck presents ideas about peoples' importance I only had about 10 minutes so I barely had any quotes. Not sure if you only put a few quotes in but make good points youd get the marks or not :S

Girlfriend broke up with me yesterday - spent the day drinking whisky like it was water and hiding from the world. I think I've learned never to let my walls down again: emotionally shut off from the world is the way to go.

I'm not an expert mate but sometimes it can be for the better, just imagine your free now you can do whatever you want there's plenty fish in the sea or either you'll girlfriend will miss you and ring you back  :thumbup:  So its a win, win situation

Girlfriend broke up with me yesterday - spent the day drinking whisky like it was water and hiding from the world. I think I've learned never to let my walls down again: emotionally shut off from the world is the way to go.

Dunno how old you are, but I'm 26 and massively regret being in a relationship for 9 years out of the last 10. Make the most of it pal. Get wankered at the weekend and shag some slags

• Like 1

Dunno how old you are, but I'm 26 and massively regret being in a relationship for 9 years out of the last 10. Make the most of it pal. Get wankered at the weekend and shag some slags

Why do you regret it?

I probably prefer being single most of the time, as my previous girlfriend was too much of a hassle, and I'm 5 years younger than you.

Why do you regret it?

I probably prefer being single most of the time, as my previous girlfriend was too much of a hassle, and I'm 5 years younger than you.

You feel like you're missing out on life. I still have my freedom but I wish I'd sown more seeds when younger. Now I just feel like lifes passed me by a little.,

I'm not an expert mate but sometimes it can be for the better, just imagine your free now you can do whatever you want there's plenty fish in the sea or either you'll girlfriend will miss you and ring you back  :thumbup:  So its a win, win situation

no offence but I'm not taking relationship advice from you given your previous.

I'm still just 19 (20 in a couple of weeks), but I'm definitely not getting wankered at the weekend: for one my parents are coming up since the uni year has ended, and given I ended up sleeping on my best friends sofa last night because she didn't trust me to be alone after getting through the best part of two bottles of whisky (my breath still tastes of talisker) and kinda breaking down in the SU I think it might be wise to stay away from alcohol for a bit.

Still, on the upside I got the bill for the uni's end of year party confirmed today and I'm playing the introducing stage. Meaning I'll have been on the same bill as the Hoosiers.

no offence but I'm not taking relationship advice from you given your previous.

I'm still just 19 (20 in a couple of weeks), but I'm definitely not getting wankered at the weekend: for one my parents are coming up since the uni year has ended, and given I ended up sleeping on my best friends sofa last night because she didn't trust me to be alone after getting through the best part of two bottles of whisky (my breath still tastes of talisker) and kinda breaking down in the SU I think it might be wise to stay away from alcohol for a bit.

Still, on the upside I got the bill for the uni's end of year party confirmed today and I'm playing the introducing stage. Meaning I'll have been on the same bill as the Hoosiers.

It's not nice mate I know. Boozing like that won't help then but Christ if you're at uni being single is the best way! (and it doesn't have to be a weekend, students are on the piss every night!) ;)

You feel like you're missing out on life. I still have my freedom but I wish I'd sown more seeds when younger. Now I just feel like lifes passed me by a little.,

its not all its cracked up to be,don't ge me wrong i wasn't an Adonis,but didnt have a serious GF until I was 23 ,so had a few years of mucking about.Your mates who had settled down ,wished they were you, and your mates who were mucking about often thought of being settled.Did have some laughs mind.

Smash it. That'll take your mind off things. 

• Like 1

Well, given my friend has just told me that she stayed up most of night to ensure i didn't "do a hendrix", I think any existential crisis i have will be impressive.

Good job you're not 27 :ph34r:

its not all its cracked up to be,don't ge me wrong i wasn't an Adonis,but didnt have a serious GF until I was 23 ,so had a few years of mucking about.Your mates who had settled down ,wished they were you, and your mates who were mucking about often thought of being settled.Did have some laughs mind.

I got out of a 6 year relationship last year, I used to be so jealous of my single mates.

Now I'm single all I can think about is how lonely I feel sometimes and wish I had someone. lol

The girl I want to spend my life with left today. So all in all not that great. :(

Chin up boys it will get better.Honest.