Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Have spent all day trying to get a five a side team for league match later and have finally managed it, what a complete waste of a day/ Thankfully if we're playing the team I think we are, they're really bad so my botched side my stand a chance. Don't really want to play whole 30 minutes as my fitness is woeful at the minute but looking like I'm going to have to.

Really getting fed up with football lol

Got a 0 hour contract job, still something, Also got an email from a company asking me to tell them when I'm free for an interview.

So you still get to sit around all day doing sweet fa, still don't get any work, and still don't get paid. Hurrah! >_<

You'd better check your diary to see when you're free for that interview. Let's hope it doesn't clash with your hectic social life! 

So you still get to sit around all day doing sweet fa, still don't get any work, and still don't get paid. Hurrah! >_<

You'd better check your diary to see when you're free for that interview. Let's hope it doesn't clash with your hectic social life! 

No, I get told the hours when the rota is done, mainly on weekends and evenings. Still am claiming JSA though as am working under 16 hours.

And I actually do have a social life ;)

No, I get told the hours when the rota is done, mainly on weekends and evenings. Still am claiming JSA though as am working under 16 hours.

And I actually do have a social life ;)

Hopping on a bus to go and see a mutilated body? :unsure: 

Happy Birthday " Wings the group the Beatles could have been" ( Alan Partridge)

Thanks. Heard that quote before, don't agree with it at all.

That would have been perfect for me too! Happy birthday pal

Cheers mate!

I'm going to Epsom Ladies Day on the 31st then seeing Green Day on the 1st, thats a social life

You'd better hope they don't call you in to work, then. 

My kindle has arrived. Can't seem to load books from my PC. Wrong format

The one I sent you should work. Use your lead to transfer the book onto the kindle and then go onto your kindle and put it in documents.

Ricewind get Calibre. Converts them all for you.

And no I did not 'hit that' (are you a 16 year old yank wtf), we only had 3 days, all of which I was working so we didn't have all that long. We went town saturday night and really hit it off. Was lovely, can't wait to see her again. Won't be as long next time!

The one I sent you should work. Use your lead to transfer the book onto the kindle and then go onto your kindle and put it in documents.

Ricewind get Calibre. Converts them all for you.

And no I did not 'hit that' (are you a 16 year old yank wtf), we only had 3 days, all of which I was working so we didn't have all that long. We went town saturday night and really hit it off. Was lovely, can't wait to see her again. Won't be as long next time!

I've tried my cable. copied and pasted the file but its not showing up.

I do have Calibe.

Ken, have you put the book onto a file? If so, plug in your kindle to the computer. Left click on the book and then click "send to" and send it to your kindle. Then go to "my computer" and you should see your kindle on there. Click on the kindle and you should see the book and  documents. Drag the book into documents.

Edited by Webbo

managed to do it. There is a menu at the top with My device opened that and added the file. The first sentence was all joined up though./ Added my poems for a test but the info will have to be edited for that. At least I can do it.

Found one free book which might be interesting. Called One Young Man and its a true story about a clerk who enlists at the start of WW!.

My mobile charger has the same connecter so fits my Kindle. It's powered up so must be OK. May just charge it overenight via the PC once a week though. Won't buy too many books. Mainly free ones. Got Google on it so could use it to find stories for the work I do

Right I'm gonna see tomorrow if  I can get a Monthly subscription to a quality newspaper via expenses for my Kindle. Undecided about which one but know which it won't be unless I'm allowed more than one for balance.

They do offer 14 day trial then it's about a tenner a month. A bit dearer than the paper version but no ads.

Edited by Rincewind