Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Generally speaking relevant experience is going to be extremely valuable when it comes to finding a decent graduate job, so I'd say yea definitely.

Cheers, applying right now for one in Nottingham for a big company. Hope I get something back :lol

Having a busy evening on call. Worked 1.30pm > 10pm then on call through to 8.30am Saturday morning. Got called out at 11 have only just returned home and I need to be up at 8 to return the van then go food shopping.

*just think of the money just think of the money*

Up at 4:30(ish) - Now sat at the train station (again) waiting for a mammoth trek up to Scotland!!

Don't be a pussy, it's just a hop, skip and a jump away (for about five hours).

:P

Good luck in Embra!

FFS someone last night made a very crude attempt to smash the disc lock off my bike. It's alarmed but the battery is about dead. I don't know if it had been going off and pissed a neighbour off to the point they think it's alright to vandalise my stuff or if someone is going out of their way to piss me off. I've got to decide whether to get a deafening alarm or stay up tonight with a golf club at the ready. Honestly I'm not a violent person but if I catch someone touching my bike again tonight I wouldn't hesitate to break their face open.

Will probs pass you the other way Andy, coming back down from Northumberland today after a short break away in Bamburgh

I'm in seat 49a so make sure you wave at that one! :)

Don't be a pussy, it's just a hop, skip and a jump away (for about five hours).

:P

Good luck in Embra!

Cheers!

PS: Peterborough Station is a shit'ole. It's either half built or half demolished, I can't be sure which!

BTW, this is for any ex students. Is it worth doing an internship for an academic year ?

Absolutely yes. I did an internship over the summer between my 3rd and 4th years, got offered and accepted a job before I'd even started my final year at uni. An internship can effectively be a trial for you at that company, if you do well you'll get offered the job more often than not.

My book is now available to purchase for Kindle from Amazon. It is priced in dollars. Not checked the conversion price yet.

$3.60 or £2.38

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CZFIJGK

Let me know if the link works. The price is not showing on my email link.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Quill+2+Ink+2+Paper

Edited by Rincewind

Guest Col city fan

I've had an epidural block in my back 10 days ago.

I'm back at work but this week has been a struggle. A couple of hours standing on my feet and the pain has returned in my left hip and leg.

So it would appear the pesky disc bulge is still sitting on my sciatic nerve. To be honest, don't really know what to do next. It's less painful than it was for sure, but without copious amounts of ice to keep the swelling down, I'm in discomfort nearly all the time.

Got another appointment with the Consultant in two weeks time and I think he may well suggest surgery (partial discectomy) which scares the Hell out of me.

I just need this bloody left leg to sort itself out cos it's pissing me off big time now..

:angry:

My book is now available to purchase for Kindle from Amazon. It is priced in dollars. Not checked the conversion price yet.

$3.60 or £2.38

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CZFIJGK

Let me know if the link works. The price is not showing on my email link.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Quill+2+Ink+2+Paper

Link works! Hope it sells well for you

You best have waved.

I sure did lol

I'm back at work but this week has been a struggle. A couple of hours standing on my feet and the pain has returned in my left hip and leg.

So it would appear the pesky disc bulge is still sitting on my sciatic nerve. To be honest, don't really know what to do next. It's less painful than it was for sure, but without copious amounts of ice to keep the swelling down, I'm in discomfort nearly all the time.

Got another appointment with the Consultant in two weeks time and I think he may well suggest surgery (partial discectomy) which scares the Hell out of me.

I just need this bloody left leg to sort itself out cos it's pissing me off big time now..

Sorry to hear your still having problems Col

Fingers crossed it gets better soon

Link works! Hope it sells well for you

I hope so too. Only thing is I have to sell a few before I start to get royalties. Still I have linked it to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and a poetry site  for starters. It may not be put together perfect but I have the content right. and viewing it as an Ebook is different to the paper version If a few people like it then they can pass it on.

26th of May, only means one thing.

Kingfox's birthday.

Been a good year for me on here, 11 bans, quality banter, getting my reps took off me, plenty of St Ledger bumming and some actual positive posts.

20 now, how depressing. 

26th of May, only means one thing.

Kingfox's birthday.

Been a good year for me on here, 11 bans, quality banter, getting my reps took off me, plenty of St Ledger bumming and some actual positive posts.

20 now, how depressing. 

I thought you'd get a permanent ban after 10?

This is a travesty.

• Like 1

Pretty good day really. Warm, sunny pottered about, went and had an ice cream and an espresso with my youngest daughter. Next oldest daughter enjoying herself on her first self organised short trip abroad, and my son's band have their first official gig tonight at the Orkney Folk Festival so i am waiting up for him now.

Is it just me that doesn't like the UK drinking culture? Much preferred it when I went out in Greece where drinking wasn't the focus. My Greek mate actually told me I was born in the wrong country  :/

I'm the same mate, been Greece twice when I was little, in the squares it seemed people were having a few casual beers and a nice laugh. In england it's like everyone drinks to get battered. I remember having a kickabout with a few Greek lads at about 1am on a school night in a Thessaloniki square!! sums up the culture difference lol

Sounds like exactly the same problem I had. It's been 5 years or so since I was diagnosed so I don't know how far treatment has come in terms of surgery. It wasn't very viable to me as it was high risk-low reward (back surgery and no guarantee of no relapse) but maybe there's been improvements in procedure.

Anyway, bear with it, it will get better over time. Mobility stretches will help if you're seeing a physio. I was really depressed at that time but a month or so after my injection it was 100x better. Just take it day by day and if it doesn't improve further down the line then re-evaluate.