Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Col city fan

Sounds like exactly the same problem I had. It's been 5 years or so since I was diagnosed so I don't know how far treatment has come in terms of surgery. It wasn't very viable to me as it was high risk-low reward (back surgery and no guarantee of no relapse) but maybe there's been improvements in procedure.

Anyway, bear with it, it will get better over time. Mobility stretches will help if you're seeing a physio. I was really depressed at that time but a month or so after my injection it was 100x better. Just take it day by day and if it doesn't improve further down the line then re-evaluate.

Cheers mate and very much appreciated..

From what I've read, many many people have discs that bulge when they get older (and some when younger actually) as a part of wear and tear. It's mainly when the bulge pinches down on the S1 nerve (Sciatic) that you have a problem. The main thing for me hasn't been my back at all, but my left leg, which has gone strange! All the muscles tightening causing impaired movement, pain and pins and needles. If the disc bulge releases off the nerve, things will improve apparently. Bloody bodies eh.. Fantastic in so many ways, frustrating in others.

:thumbup:

I sure did lol

Sorry to hear your still having problems Col

Fingers crossed it gets better soon

Cheers bud.. Edited by Col city fan

Cheers mate and very much appreciated..

From what I've read, many many people have discs that bulge when they get older (and some when younger actually) as a part of wear and tear. It's mainly when the bulge pinches down on the S1 nerve (Sciatic) that you have a problem. The main thing for me hasn't been my back at all, but my left leg, which has gone strange! All the muscles tightening causing impaired movement, pain and pins and needles. If the disc bulge releases off the nerve, things will improve apparently. Bloody bodies eh.. Fantastic in so many ways, frustrating in others.

Cheers bud..

If you find out about surgical options would you remind reporting back. If there's anything interesting I would possibly like to PM you. 

I'm practically pain free now but there's still something not 100% right as my flexibility and mobility on the left side of my lower back and left leg is still reduced. If there was a viable procedure to do something about that it would be interesting to know.

26th of May, only means one thing.

Kingfox's birthday.

Been a good year for me on here, 11 bans, quality banter, getting my reps took off me, plenty of St Ledger bumming and some actual positive posts.

20 now, how depressing. 

Oh no I share my birthday with the king.....and you're depressed about turning 20 makes me even more depressed.

Happy birthday. ;)

Oh no I share my birthday with the king.....and you're depressed about turning 20 makes me even more depressed.

Happy birthday. ;)

:D I thought the same. Happy Birthday Kingy, Ronnie and RAFRUDY,

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 2

I thought you'd get a permanent ban after 10?

This is a travesty.

If I get banned from this permanently, there is no point me living. Best forum on the planet this.

Happy birthday. ;)

Thanks, 20 is depressing, 19 to 20 is depressing, as will 29 to 30 and 39 to 40 etc...

Guest Col city fan

If you find out about surgical options would you remind reporting back. If there's anything interesting I would possibly like to PM you.

I'm practically pain free now but there's still something not 100% right as my flexibility and mobility on the left side of my lower back and left leg is still reduced. If there was a viable procedure to do something about that it would be interesting to know.

Course I will mate.. No problem at all

However... This morning (ironically) is the first day it feels more 'normal'.. Just keeping my fingers crossed and praying..

Anything else ill PM you Haydos

Course I will mate.. No problem at all

However... This morning (ironically) is the first day it feels more 'normal'.. Just keeping my fingers crossed and praying..

Anything else ill PM you Haydos

Thanks! Hope it starts to feel better soon.

Guest Col city fan

Kingfox is older than me? ****ing hell man, I always thought you were about 14, given how much of a tool you are.

lol

No need for that!

And the search begins for a job for the summer. It's gonna be a long one!

Exactly what I'm doing, although I might write to small business' in my area to try and work for free. Yeah, I wouldn't be getting paid, but on the other hand (and more importantly), I could get 2-3months experince. Not sure really.

Who said I wanted him dead? He's a buffoon enough to end up putting himself in a situation where he might get harmed: remember the zip-line?

I remember the zip line very well.

A sight of beauty that, he enjoyed himself.

Buffoon maybe, but he is entertaining. 

Had a great day in Leeds yesterday for Slam Dunk festival, hanging like a bitch today tho. Stopped in Leicester at the moment visiting family as its on the way back.

People are so much nicer up north than back home in the south. Developing a love for Yorkshire I think.

Had a great day in Leeds yesterday for Slam Dunk festival, hanging like a bitch today tho. Stopped in Leicester at the moment visiting family as its on the way back.

People are so much nicer up north than back home in the south. Developing a love for Yorkshire I think.

Odd that, I always found southeners more friendly(outside London)

I'm the same mate, been Greece twice when I was little, in the squares it seemed people were having a few casual beers and a nice laugh. In england it's like everyone drinks to get battered. I remember having a kickabout with a few Greek lads at about 1am on a school night in a Thessaloniki square!! sums up the culture difference lol

Ha true. I didn't really know the differences until I actually experienced with them. Genuinely jealous of my greek mate now! Seems life in general despite the "crisis" is better ...

Ha true. I didn't really know the differences until I actually experienced with them. Genuinely jealous of my greek mate now! Seems life in general despite the "crisis" is better ...

Blimey you cant help yourself having a dig at england every chance you get.

Edited by purpleronnie

Blimey you cant help yourself having a dig at england every chance you get.

Are you kidding me? I love England and feel lucky I live in one of, if not the best country in the world. There are just things about England I don't like.

And before you "whoosh", you used to bash England repeatedly for some reason. Seems like you live in an pretty English village now though and enjoying the quaint English countryside life. Good for you. :)

Edited by lavrentis

Are you kidding me? I love England and feel lucky I live in one of, if not the best country in the world. There are just things about England I don't like.

And before you "whoosh", you used to bash England repeatedly for some reason. Seems like you live in an pretty English village now though and enjoying the quaint English countryside life. Good for you. :)

He's a failed expat. He gushes over England now as a way of convincing himself that everything's ok, that he wants to be here really, when in reality he couldn't hack it abroad and came back with his tail firmly between his legs.

Aint that right ronnie