Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Well as we both work. At the time we could claim working tax credit as well although not sure you can now. But our income from benefits was only £200 a month from what i can remember. Thats 3 years ago.

As for what it cost i reckon we spent approx £8/9 k if you take into account starting from scratch.

Moses basket and stand prob cost around 150 with a decent matress. Dont know if thats cheap or expensive.

350 on bedroom furniture ie cot change table etc so thats 500 just on sorting a room. Didnt have to decorate which was one bonus.

Travel system was 350 sure there are cheaper ones but thats a pretty standard price inc car seat.

Then spent 135 on the next car seat up. At around 10 months. Ok that will last until they are 11 if needed.

Then allowing for new clothes as presents to start with they tend to need 50/60 quids worth of new vests and sleep suits at 6 weeks 3 months 6months 9 months and by 12 months your moving into proper clothes which are around 5/10 every outfit.

As i said before allow for a lot of electric use. Washing/drying and remember 2 people are home in the day as well if your used to using no gas and leccy in the day it soon adds up.

**** my this is a long post.

Nappies wipes allow for 5/6 a day at the start. You go through boxes of those a week. I bet you spend £30 a week. On stuff like that so theres close to 1500 just on that.

And although brest works for a while powder aint cheap either at 7 quid a box.

And they also need toys and stuff too.

I'm sure i'm about to be told you can do it for less granted i bet you could with ebay etc. We are in the process of trying to shift our baby stuff at the mo.

But i'm not sure a grand a year would cover the nappies.

Thanks for taking the time to post all that, much appreciated.

So I'm thinking maybe taking the middle ground between your kind of numbers and the guardian article might give a realistic low budget annual baby cost of around £3k - £4k, minus up to £1k for what you could potentially claim back in benefits.

Interesting. Who thinks I should bring a baby moose into the world?

Thanks for taking the time to post all that, much appreciated.

So I'm thinking maybe taking the middle ground between your kind of numbers and the guardian article might give a realistic low budget annual baby cost of around £3k - £4k, minus up to £1k for what you could potentially claim back in benefits.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thats the one in town isnt it that is ridiculously overpriced? And the staff in there always look miserable.

Not about pricing. Think it was a tenner. Obviously not top quality but I expected it to last more than one wash. And I washed it on the coolest.

Guest MattP

Of course, but I'd get yourself into a position where you can leave to Canada/New Zealand/Australia though for when you want to raise a family.

Did poorly in my A2 English Lit exam today, the fire alarm going off halfway through leaving us having to stand outside in silence for 30 minutes wasn't ideal.

Oh well onto the next one.

Edited by NorthamptonFox

Anyone listen to the RaDNO show? Interesting discussions but if none of you listened the noone can argue against the points raised and I'm not going to repeat them.

971957_10151399969092003_1120244546_n.jp

Is that whats his face who owns the Crumbling Cookie sat next to you? Looks the spit of him. 

To be fair to them they don't make the shirt, they're just an outlet or LCFC.

I think the puma shirts, like Burrda are crappy quality and wouldn't waste 10p on them let alone £10

I still have a Walkers home and an away LG shirt. Both in reasonable condition.

I still have a Walkers home and an away LG shirt. Both in reasonable condition.

Yep, made by Le Coq Sportif. Better quality than These newer Puma efforts. I sometimes find the training wear more durable than the kits as they are obviously designed to be used more often.

Yep, made by Le Coq Sportif. Better quality than These newer Puma efforts. I sometimes find the training wear more durable than the kits as they are obviously designed to be used more often.

I'm wondering whether it would be better to have King Power printed on myself. Would be cheaper than a new shirt.

Or use tipex.

I sometimes find the training wear more durable than the kits as they are obviously designed to be used more often.

They won't be any better made because they're designed to be worn daily whereas the shirts are once a week because the shirts we buy are nothing like the players ones.

They are replicas not match shirts. The material, construction, badges etc will all be different.

An article I read once said even the brand badge was bigger on players so it could be seen easier on TV etc.

I don't know about the training gear, maybe that is different to the players stuff as well, I'm not sure.

Guest MattP

Lets hope you haven't got the Boston police force sorting it out or he'll be wandering around St Matthews tomorrow.

They won't be any better made because they're designed to be worn daily whereas the shirts are once a week because the shirts we buy are nothing like the players ones.

They are replicas not match shirts. The material, construction, badges etc will all be different.

An article I read once said even the brand badge was bigger on players so it could be seen easier on TV etc.

I don't know about the training gear, maybe that is different to the players stuff as well, I'm not sure.

Different in each club - I used to work closely with the kit men at lcfc. I can assure you the the shirts are practically taken off the hooks in te shop.