Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

We went out for a meal last night at the Hunting Lodge in Barrow, afterwards the kids let two balloons off outside with a card on asking the person who finds it to email us. A bit of fun and didn't expect a reply.

Today I get an email from someone in Devon where it landed in her Grans back garden.

Quite amazed it travelled that far.

We went out for a meal last night at the Hunting Lodge in Barrow, afterwards the kids let two balloons off outside with a card on asking the person who finds it to email us. A bit of fun and didn't expect a reply.

Today I get an email from someone in Devon where it landed in her Grans back garden.

Quite amazed it travelled that far.

Used to go there with Family a few years back along with my Nan (before she passed away), every now and then on a Sunday.

Great roasts and cider collection iirc, but service was at times poor.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Used to go there with Family a few years back along with my Nan (before she passed away), every now and then on a Sunday.

Great roasts and cider collection iirc, but service was at times poor.

I had a meal there a few years back which I thought was a bit low on the food side. ie not enough on the plate.

But we've been twice this year and it's been great, service has been excellent too, last night they were turning people away who hadn't booked.

We went to the Quorn Fox the other week and I thought that was the total opposite, menu looked like it was trying to be a Michelin star place instead of a pub.

All my opinion of course and some people might have a bad experience of the Hunting Lodge and good of the Quorn Fox.

Guest Col city fan

Wife got a phone call from Banardos to say she has been accepted as a runner for next years London marathon.

Small job of raising £1600 for them!

My wife's mum was a Banardos child as were her brothers so she gave a good account of why she should run for them.

Good stuff mate!

That is great news! I ran it last year (2012) for Romsey Mill; you might know who they are as you appear to be Cambridge based. Wish her luck with the training. I am going to wish you luck also, as your partner training for a marathon is not always easy for the other person in the relationship (ask my Mrs) - it is quite a comitment but worth it.

Cheers,I used to run 100m and cross country for the county,but my knees have now got to be replaced!i Get a buzz out of it without running.we went for a 12k Saturday.She runs 10k every other day and has done for a year or two.Thanks for the advice about not doing too much too soon.

Know Romsey in Cambridge ,off Mill Road.What made you choose that charity?,as I notice you live in London.

Not sure where to put this,but need some help with a tv clip from " the politics show-BBC " this morning Bone Dog/Zingari were in the studio,it was hilarious from 5 mins on.The guy is called Shock Jock Alex Jones .Andrew Neil the host was fooking brilliant.Watch it ,it was the best thing on today.

Forget that Bilo has opened a thread in his honour.

I thank you sir .

Edited by cambridgefox

Not sure where to put this,but need some help with a tv clip from " the politics show-BBC " this morning Bone Dog/Zingari were in the studio,it was hilarious from 5 mins on.The guy is called Shock Jock Alex Jones .Andrew Neil the host was fooking brilliant.Watch it ,it was the best thing on today.

Forget that Bilo has opened a thread in his honour.

I thank you sir .

Also, the host Andrew Neil was an absolute twat.  Carry on.

• Like 1

Shit nights sleep. I can stay in bed all day though providing I've packed my bags by 3pm as I'm off to Venice tonight.

Terrible nights sleep. Managed to dose off about 2.30am, then my alarm went off at 5am.

Try struggling to sleep despite taking prescribed sleep tablets daily!

I feel 'stoned'/groggy whenever I wake up 12 hours after taking them.

Can't do anything apart from lay there, and think about anything.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Guest Col city fan

Try struggling to sleep despite taking prescribed sleep tablets daily!

I feel 'stoned'/groggy whenever I wake up 12 hours after taking them.

Can't do anything apart from lay there, and think about anything.

It sounds like you might be prescribed too high a dose mate?

They shouldn't zonk you out next day really.

Terrible day again.

My mother has had to be admitted to the Royal, not been good for five days, very weird with how she's got.

They say she might have a problem with her brain, cerebrum part, so she gotta go into the Neurology department. 

So not good at all.

Terrible day again.

My mother has had to be admitted to the Royal, not been good for five days, very weird with how she's got.

They say she might have a problem with her brain, cerebrum part, so she gotta go into the Neurology department. 

So not good at all.

Sorry to hear that. :( Hope your Mum's back to full health soon. :fc: 

Terrible day again.

So not good at all.

Now I feel like a dick.  I thought you meant you'd had an argument or two.  Very sorry to hear that.