Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Lose asap.

I've been really quite lazy for the last couple of years and my fitness has slipped. I'll never be fat in the strictest sense, which is a blessing. But I'm carrying a bit more bulk than I'm used to and I've been feeling a bit rough inside for a couple of months.

The plan I've had suggested is to diet like this for three to four days (I'm doing four) and then to return to a normal, balanced diet for three days combined with harder exercise.

I'm no dietician so it could all be a con by the science sounded sturdy when it was explained to me.

All that matters is that you eat at a caloric deficit. How you achieve this isn't crucial, you can lose weight eating foods that you enjoy and there is absolutely nothing wrong with diet drinks; they helped me big time when I lost a lot of weight a few years back.

Edited by Unabomber

Lose asap.

I've been really quite lazy for the last couple of years and my fitness has slipped. I'll never be fat in the strictest sense, which is a blessing. But I'm carrying a bit more bulk than I'm used to and I've been feeling a bit rough inside for a couple of months.

The plan I've had suggested is to diet like this for three to four days (I'm doing four) and then to return to a normal, balanced diet for three days combined with harder exercise.

I'm no dietician so it could all be a con by the science sounded sturdy when it was explained to me.

That doesn't sound right, according to the Atkins diet it starts to work after about a fortnight.

Been laid up in bed with sickness and the shits for the last 24 hours, second time I've had a bug in just over a month, not like me. I stagger downstairs feeling a little better only to be met with the Kitchandro family battle royale issue #3496. My sister is going absolutely nuts at my parents, who she walked out on several days ago because they told her they didn't want her boyfriend staying every night while they have rows (right in front of us) pretty much every day.

I don't think I'm ever going to want kids.

Been laid up in bed with sickness and the shits for the last 24 hours, second time I've had a bug in just over a month, not like me. I stagger downstairs feeling a little better only to be met with the Kitchandro family battle royale issue #3496. My sister is going absolutely nuts at my parents, who she walked out on several days ago because they told her they didn't want her boyfriend staying every night while they have rows (right in front of us) pretty much every day.

Blimey.

Found out today that two local lads had won through to be selected to represent England in the Homeless World Cup in  august taking place in Poland.

I asked if they wanted a new-seam to go over with them but they said they had already got one of the senior management team going. I deserve some perks of the job too. lol

Wow, hope things are alright mate.

Don't see what her problem is. It was a rarity that my missis was able to stop at mine. She certainly didnt during the week. And when she did stop it was separate rooms! No joke. They eventually relented after a couple of years when they heard we were moving in together anyway. Aged 23 tiptoeing from the spare room down the corridor past the parents room to sneak into my bed with her. Ridiculous

Edit- obviously they didnt like the idea of me nailing her whilst under their roof. We made up for it when they went on holidays though lol

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Don't see what her problem is. It was a rarity that my missis was able to stop at mine. She certainly didnt during the week. And when she did stop it was separate rooms! No joke. They eventually relented after a couple of years when they heard we were moving in together anyway. Aged 23 tiptoeing from the spare room down the corridor past the parents room to sneak into my bed with her. Ridiculous

Edit- obviously they didnt like the idea of me nailing her whilst under their roof. We made up for it when they went on holidays though lol

lol

They've been very accepting of it all tbf. The thing is it's not him that's the problem, it's her. We all really like him, but even he can see what a temperamental argumentative nutjob she is. She seems to like falling out with everyone and then doesn't seem to get it when people get fed up of the hassle and awkwardness.

All they said was they didn't want him round every night like he'd moved in and we didn't want to be dealing with all their issues all the while. She seems to think they're overreacting but I can assure you they aren't.

On the upside she seems to have temporarily calmed down.

Finn, without carbs your body will go into a starvation mode and cling on to the fat.

Eat in a balanced way that keeps you sane, and do some exercise.

Jogging, train with a Sunday league team, swim in the morning before work, do some circuit training.......

Any of those will help you lose it and keep it off.

Edit: not read all of the last couple of pages but I e seen the word Ketosis flash up. Be warned, if you put yourself into that state, you will stink. I mean REALLY stink. You can always spot the low carb diet people at work because they have a 10 foot clear zone around them because the absolutely hum-ding. Not just their body odour. Their breath as well. Even I don't talk to these people because 1) They stink and 2) They won't listen to me anyway, they've found their miracle cure and hearing the answer they don't want to hear that been repeated thousands of times over isn't going to change their mind.

Edited by FoxesAreBlue
  • Like 1

Last exam this morning. Few pints over lunch then an afternoon watching Royal Ascot. 

Two ten hour shifts in consecutive days in work coming up now though :(. Then two big nights out to celebrate the end of exams. One week til I go away, too. Pardy tiiime. 

What is it you do?

Signs. Got 11 jobs across the south coast. 2 in wales. 1 in scarborough and one up past carlise all for a good customer repeat business and letting them down could fcuk my company.

We are only small but compete with the big boys but we run it slim to do it. Normally it would be ok. But this is gonna cause me major stress and any feck ups are gonna be costly.

The work could see me alright till dec even if we did feck all the rest of the year.

And at the minute. Without asking the customer for an extention to the deadline. I'm struggling.

Driving down Narborough Road at 6:30 this morning, I saw some old dear in a wheelchair in her front garden. I thought, "ah, that's nice. She's getting a bit of fresh air watching the world go by." However, on my way home at 5:30 she was still out there in the pouring rain. I'm actually quite concerned. :o

Edited by Danizen

Driving down Narborough Road at 6:30 this morning, I saw some old dear in a wheelchair in her front garden. I thought, "ah, that's nice. She's getting a bit of fresh air watching the world go by." However, on my way home at 5:30 she was still out there in the pouring rain. I'm actually quite concerned. :o

lol lol

:o

I used to work in signs. Quite a tough, but good industry to work in I think. I mainly did the set up and vinyl cutting/application but did a bit of assembles work too, enjoyed it actually!

Who for?

Been doing it 16 years this year. Family business been going 27 years. Old man retired at 48 and been living in italy for 3 years now.

Wanted a bit of that action but high st in most towns is full of shops to let now days. So there is only so many major contracts going.

Used to do clintons cards uk wide. But they went tits up. Aldi foodstores for 15 years but lost that on price.

Still got 3 good nationwide contracts which help but there are so many small/one man bands competing for the one of shops its tough nowdays. Wanna get out to be honest or go into a franchise such as fast signs or signs express.