Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

S'wat you get for holidaying in the UK.

Going abroad doesn't always guarantee you good weather, I've spent a fortnight in the South of France and it was none stop rain, I just seem to pick the wrong weeks where ever I choose.

Going abroad doesn't always guarantee you good weather, I've spent a fortnight in the South of France and it was none stop rain, I just seem to pick the wrong weeks where ever I choose.

They've had pretty bad floods in the south of france similiar to what austria and germany had.

Going to the south of France doesn't guarantee you good weather. But a bit further south to the med and the odds are stacked firmly in your favour. And those holidays are often a fair bit cheaper than staying in the UK. If you're willing to pay a bit more to fly a bit further there are lots of places on the world with guaranteed good weather.

Infact it would be difficult to find a worse climate for summer holidays than the UK. Other countries on our latitude (germany, Poland, China etc) get proper, hot summers. Even countries further north often get plentiful sunshine. Summer temps in northern Russia, where it is in the -30s in winter, reach mid 20s with lots of sun in summer. We're one of the only inhabited parts of the world that doesn't get a real summer.

I also went to Sorrento for two weeks in late June and the temp never got above 13 for the irst week, considerable better the second though.

Finished College today, it was the presentation awards. Was there a leicester fan present? because right at the back of the hall during the awards, somebody let off a blue smoke bomb at the back. God it was funny seeing the tutors panicking at the end lol

Edited by Leicesterpool

Mellow Baku was great today. Check out her videos.

She was saying she grew up within a 'Jesus Army' group so was singing from an early age. She was influenced by Stevie Wonder, Ella Fitzgeral and Sarah Vaughn among others. She writes her own stuuf too.

Mellow Baku was great today. Check out her videos.

She was saying she grew up within a 'Jesus Army' group so was singing from an early age. She was influenced by Stevie Wonder, Ella Fitzgeral and Sarah Vaughn among others. She writes her own stuuf too.

Mellow Baku will make you smile.

Not sure what you mean but I assume it's not bad.

When she said she classed herself as a Jazz singer I was a little surprised as I have never really liked Jazz. I had heard her before and thought she was more blues type singer. Same roots I suppose but her influences are not my favourites.

Not sure what you mean but I assume it's not bad.

When she said she classed herself as a Jazz singer I was a little surprised as I have never really liked Jazz. I had heard her before and thought she was more blues type singer. Same roots I suppose but her influences are not my favourites.

http://mellowbaku.com/

Yes I had seen her site. I had already posted links to her music in the music and video threads thought that was enough. Don't want to overkill. :)

She is good though and a nice person. I read some poetry and she selected one of them. I asked her advice about the difference between lyrics and poetry. Her selection of records to play were OK too. Stevie Wonder Master Jammin and Jimi Hendrix just two.

She was saying Jazz is the most challenging for a vocalist as there is a lot of improvising.

Guest Col city fan

Col is off to Leek on Saturday for... You guessed it.. Dickinson's Real Deal!!

I have some Art Deco pottery to sell, along with a couple of original watercolours. Could be on the tele!

Happy Days!!l