Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Col is off to Leek on Saturday for... You guessed it.. Dickinson's Real Deal!!

I have some Art Deco pottery to sell, along with a couple of original watercolours. Could be on the tele!

Happy Days!!l

Yes!

Listen to David's words of wisdom :ph34r:

Been feeling pretty down over the last few days. Peaks and troughs and all that.

Mate in work lent me the Insanity dvds.  DId one last night and was an exhausted sweaty mess by the end of it and felt much better afterwards. 

Today is my 7th wedding anniversary so MsFoxy and I are going to paint the town red by going..................................to our local arthouse cinema. :scarf:

**** I know how to live it up.

Walked into the Cultural Quarter and thought about the recent thread about Leicester's bid to win the prize for being the best. I had to walk past the Ale Wagon and thought the judges will take one look at it and say 'No fecking chance. Take 10 points off.'

Hate to think what theyd say if they went inside.

Guest MattP

Walked into the Cultural Quarter and thought about the recent thread about Leicester's bid to win the prize for being the best. I had to walk past the Ale Wagon and thought the judges will take one look at it and say 'No fecking chance. Take 10 points off.'

The fact that Hull and Dundee are there with us shows the judging panel are either taking the piss or will actually give it to an area that has venues like the Ale Wagon.

Think it's best if they avoid that entire area tbh.

Leicester, Dundee, Swansea and Hull lol

Guest MattP

I terms of pubs in town it's actually pretty decent. When I worked at the Mercury the Soundhouse or the Ale Wagon were fine.

Better than the real holes like the Tavern, Lamps,  Longstop, Plant etc

I terms of pubs in town it's actually pretty decent. When I worked at the Mercury the Soundhouse or the Ale Wagon were fine.

Better than the real holes like the Tavern, Lamps,  Longstop, Plant etc

When my dad used to be in the area which was ageees ago, he went in the Bricklayers arms (he was actually a brickie) but that looked like a shithole pub every time I saw it

• Like 1

It's fine if you don't mind conversations being focussed around buses and trains or don't mind chatting up the landlady from the Black Lagoon.

The Longstop has reopened under another name. It is awful.

Edited by Rincewind

Guest MattP

When my dad used to be in the area which was ageees ago, he went in the Bricklayers arms (he was actually a brickie) but that looked like a shithole pub every time I saw it

I used to go in after footy sometimes, saw some entertaining sights.

Certainly full of 'characters'.

Been feeling pretty down over the last few days. Peaks and troughs and all that.

Mate in work lent me the Insanity dvds.  DId one last night and was an exhausted sweaty mess by the end of it and felt much better afterwards. 

Today is my 7th wedding anniversary so MsFoxy and I are going to paint the town red by going..................................to our local arthouse cinema. :scarf:

**** I know how to live it up.

Could be much worse. Every Valentines day, we order dominos pizza.

• Like 1

Been a nice relaxing day, went for my jog a couple of hours ago. I negative thing me and my mates we're suppose to meeting up tonight, we agreed yesterday we go for drink. This morning i texted round double checking everyone is coming and still no reply from no one. Should I still go? Suppose to be meeting up at 7:30pm

Edited by Leicesterpool

Guest Col city fan

Just been on a nice long bike ride. Lovely evening an all that.

The dodgy leg remains dodgy, though nowhere near as bad as it was a few weeks ago.

I negative thing me and my mates we're suppose to meeting up tonight, we agreed yesterday we go for drink. This morning i texted round double checking everyone is coming and still no reply from no one. Should I still go? Suppose to be meeting up at 7:30pm

Standard lol

This happens with me... When we go for casual drinks, we always arrange it and then it doesn't actually happen until another week or two.

I've found out that the best thing to do is just ring them instead of texting, especially if you're still undecided on the day itself.

Recognised some guy at the gym today, only for him to threaten me as the last time I saw him apparently I'd abused him. It's been years and years (I must've only been like 12 or 13, I'm 20 now) since I've seen him, I have no idea what I said and I'm not entirely what his name is. I apologised for whatever I said, but he decided to hold a grudge and refuse to tell me whatever I said. Completely baffled. :dunno:

Been a nice relaxing day, went for my jog a couple of hours ago. I negative thing me and my mates we're suppose to meeting up tonight, we agreed yesterday we go for drink. This morning i texted round double checking everyone is coming and still no reply from no one. Should I still go? Suppose to be meeting up at 7:30pm

My advice would've been to not go, then see what's happening again at 7.30/7.45ish.

What did you end up doing?

Edited by Jonaldinho
  • Like 1

Recognised some guy at the gym today, only for him to threaten me as the last time I saw him apparently I'd abused him. It's been years and years (I must've only been like 12 or 13, I'm 20 now) since I've seen him, I have no idea what I said and I'm not entirely what his name is. I apologised for whatever I said, but he decided to hold a grudge and refuse to tell me whatever I said. Completely baffled. :dunno:

Would like to know what you said, to make him hate you for 6/7 years lol !