Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest MattP

The cactus hallucinogen is either Mescal or Peyote if one of those fits.

It's actually Peyote.

I'd gone with London Euston and Erosion instead of London Bridge and Erasure which left me with two n's at the end instead of e's.

:thumbup:

Birthday today, oh dear i'm not ungreatful but some of the clothes i've been bought i wouldn't be seen dead in, my dad's decided to buy me a unknown french football club shirt :unsure:, why are on earth would i want to wear that?

Plus i've been bought a Tarantino film, and i've said over hundred's of times i hate his films!

Happy birthday Leicesterpool  :trumpet:

Shite really. Dad got rushed to hospital last night as his temperature increased-only slightly- but they insist that that's the case when in chemo. His bloods OK so he has some immunity still. They put him on an antibiotic IV drip overnight with hope that he'd be out today. Then I've had a £230 repair bill to get my car through its MOT this morning. My missis has still had no decision on her hip meaning she's still in agony and has only managed to work 12 hours out of the last 30 she should've been, money we can ill afford to lose. Dad still in hospital, he'll be out tomorrow now all being well.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Just had "a talk" with the better half over the phone after she called me at this godawful hour.

Good God, it was like every fvcking cliche from every couples film ever rolled into one. Hell, "it's not you, it's me" even got in there twice.

Now I'm going to imbibe as much alcohol as possible as fast as possible. This has been a shit, shit, shit month.

Shit man, sorry to hear that. I'd really advise against the drink as much as possible as fast as possible route though - it usually ends up with stupid things being done.

Anyway - I really shouldn't go on the internet drunk, I've somehow signed up to do modules with Melbourne University (epigenetics), University of Tokyo (From the Big Bang to Dark Matter), Duke University (Genetics and Evolution), Columbia University (Virology), Penn State (Epidemics) & Wisconsin (Human evolution). All this over the next 6 months, while also doing my third year of uni.

I found out I'm currently going through what's called a quarter-life crisis (I prefer to call it a mid-youth crisis). I'm giving deep thought into how my life's going, looking at the goals I set myself when I was 18 and laughing at how naive I was.

I need a fecking holiday.

Was planning a quiet night in but got a call from my mate, his gf has cheated on him so we've gone out and here we are now at 5,. It's my mates 20th tomorrow and he's planned a day sesh, not sure how I'm gonna cope really, hair of the dog and all that i guess!!

Off to the Indian Summer Fest soon. Weather does not reflect the name but should be interesting. Looking forward to some demonstrations in cooking a curry if it doesn't cost too much. Also beer tasting.

On Thursday we were talking to the chap that has the rights to the radio station we use. He was telling us about his turban and what the different colours mean. Also saying how sturdy it is and withstand blows to the head from weapons. Think he is a Singh and was saying what that meant.

Just got my exam results through the post. Passed them all which is the main thing, through to next year. Pleased with that. I've been nervous ever since they said 'results should be with you on the 28th'.

• Like 2

Just got my exam results through the post. Passed them all which is the main thing, through to next year. Pleased with that. I've been nervous ever since they said 'results should be with you on the 28th'.

Congratulations.

Make sure you sink a few tonight ðŸºðŸº

Shit man, sorry to hear that. I'd really advise against the drink as much as possible as fast as possible route though - it usually ends up with stupid things being done.

Anyway - I really shouldn't go on the internet drunk, I've somehow signed up to do modules with Melbourne University (epigenetics), University of Tokyo (From the Big Bang to Dark Matter), Duke University (Genetics and Evolution), Columbia University (Virology), Penn State (Epidemics) & Wisconsin (Human evolution). All this over the next 6 months, while also doing my third year of uni.

Even worse when you have to physically hand them in to each place :whistle:

Edited by Corky

Not bad.Lovely English Breakfast to start the day.

Went round a friends house to install Office on his computer for him, came back here and just done a crossword, need two more to finish :(.

Off to Blackpool Sat and Sun for a stag do, 60 blokes, could be absolutely mental.

(If anyone can help)

"Cactus Hallucinogan" 6 - _n_ _ _ _n

"Solemn Ceremony" 6 - U _ _ _a _

Plenty of business for the ladies on Cookson Street tonight then...  :ph34r:

Made a huge (huge as in 8 cans of tomatoes, 1kg of onions and 1+kg of minced beef... 4 peppers,  5 chillies, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley) Bolognese style sauce, its been simmering on a low heat for 4 hours and it smells and tastes unbelievable  :wub:  . I fried about 3/4 of the onions with the garlic, herbs, chilli and then added them to the tinned tomatoes, I then used a hand blender to smooth it into a "gravy" before frying the beef with the rest of the onions and adding it to the "gravy". Then chopped the peppers up and lobbed them in with more of the herbs and then simmered for 4 hours in my most prized kitchen possession - A Tefal non stick Dutch oven  :worship:

Also popped down my local Co-op for a few beers and lotto tickets and managed to pick up a silverside joint of beef for £2.17 (should have been £8.36) in the reduced section  :dance:

Boring but practical   :geek: