Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Col city fan

Had a nice pint in the Stamford Arms in Groby today. Lovely pub tbf

Had a meal in there last Thursday.

Lovely salmon and prawn pasta.

Great pub and nice food.

:thumbup:

Guest MattP

Had a meal in there last Thursday.

Lovely salmon and prawn pasta.

Great pub and nice food.

:thumbup:

Miss that pub, pretty much spent every day there between the age of 16-18 whilst bunking off from Groby College.

Used to be a superb boozer, not been in for a few years mind now.

lol what a place.

I've never been to a club that does bacon cobs. Is it a common/Northern thing?

lol

Went in there once with some mates up from Harborough. One was plastered and tried to start on the poor bloke serving because he wanted to cook the bacon himself.

They used to hand out bacon cobs in the Soar Pont on Monday nights. lol

I missed out on this place, it couldn't be as bad as Shennanigans though, never seen anything like that place.

Yeah I wouldn't argue that, Blackpool is a ghastly place sober but you can really let yourself go and have a good time. Nightlife is excellent and everyone is up for it properly.

As an adopted local, much prefer having a few in St Annes or Lytham. Worth going into town once a month though, just to find the one member of any given hen party who isn't a horror show from Rochdale.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

lol

Went in there once with some mates up from Harborough. One was plastered and tried to start on the poor bloke serving because he wanted to cook the bacon himself.

lol

As an adopted local, much prefer having a few in St Annes or Lytham. Worth going into town once a month though, just to find the one member of any given hen party who isn't a horror show from Rochdale.

Me and a mate found a couple from Wigan who were half decent and up for it, didn't realise until I looked at there website yesterday we had strolled into a singles night mind. :ph34r:

90% of the birds are unreal, I thought there was going to be a lot of ugly women there but this was taking the piss.

I am surprised people go, there are nicer seaside places in the UK.

I have to say though I have a weird love of places like skeggy and blackpool, theres something quintessentially english which I like, the end of the pier shows, cream teas, deckchairs, crappy arcades, rundown fairs, saucy postcards, donkey rides...all that stuff I have a fondess for

The big problem with Skeggy is, it's simply a seaside town that's letting itself live in the past! I've been to hundred's of seaside towns and most of them try to live up to the times. One thing to mention is, i seem to notice is it might sound daft seaside towns with a football league team seem to be the most successful in the economic sense, mainly because visitors will be visiting them all year round. Skeggy is only like really open between April-September and once it gets to winter the town is dead and not much business comes through.

It's such a shame they don't have a decent football team, 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Yeah I wouldn't argue that, Blackpool is a ghastly place sober but you can really let yourself go and have a good time. Nightlife is excellent and everyone is up for it properly.

Couldn't agree more. One of the best nights out I've had, it's like a really ugly holiday night-out. Everyone has a laugh, whereas in Leicester you get the feeling that people are more sensitive.

I saw something Pretty disgusting tonight.

I was training on the Saffron Lane athletics track with the Coritanians.

Now, when using an athletics track, obviously everybody wants the inside lane if your on a timed rep of what ever distance over 400m. When running faster than somebody infront of you, the etiquette is to shout "TRACK" in plenty of time to give the slower person in front of you time to move out of your way. However, if it's busy, and the person in front doesn't hear you - or ofthe person in from is also on a timed rep, it's up to you - coming from behind to overtake safely and go round. Just like in a race situation.

Tonight - one of the youngsters (around 10-12 years old) was running in Lane 1 - in a busy crowd of kids warmin up, when some bloke well into his twenties - runnig at twice speed came up behind her, yes her. Gave the "track" call with about 1ft to spare and shoved the poor girl out of the way an instant later. To put it in perspective, to me this is up there with spitting in a competitors face on a football pitch. Absolutely deplorable.

Luckily she wasn't hurt as he was going about twice as fast as she was - when the coach went over to say how out I order her was, his unbelievable response was "She shouldn't have been there"

I'm ****ing sorry but she has just as much right as you to be there, if not more as she was ahead. And ffs - you were in a ****ing TRAINING SESSION. Not the Olympic Final.

I'm not a violen person, but I I'd have been there and heard him say that I think I would have kicked off big style. Completely out of order

Really ruined my day this did.

Edited by FoxesAreBlue

Now, when using an athletics track, obviously everybody wants the inside lane if your on a timed rep of what ever distance over 400m. When running faster than somebody infront of you, the etiquette is to shout "TRACK" in plenty of time to give the slower person in front of you time to move out of your way. However, if it's busy, and the person in front doesn't hear you - or ofthe person in from is also on a timed rep, it's up to you - coming from behind to overtake safely and go round. Just like in a race situation.

Tonight - one of the youngsters (around 10-12 years old) was running in Lane 1 - in a busy crowd of kids warmin up, when some bloke well into his twenties - runnig at twice speed came up behind her, yes her. Gave the "track" call with about 1ft to spare and shoved the poor girl out of the way an instant later. To put it in perspective, to me this is up there with spitting in a competitors face on a football pitch. Absolutely deplorable.

Luckily she wasn't hurt as he was going about twice as fast as she was - when the coach went over to say how out I order her was, his unbelievable response was "She shouldn't have been there"

I'm ****ing sorry but she has just as much right as you to be there, if not more as she was ahead. And ffs - you were in a ****ing TRAINING SESSION. Not the Olympic Final.

I'm not a violen person, but I I'd have been there and heard him say that I think I would have kicked off big style. Completely out of order

Yeah I'm more of a cello man myself too.

• Like 3

I think the police should have been called okay it was only a shove but he still shouldn't have touched a child.

PC's been crap today. Slow loading pages. In fact it's been like it for a while. Not sure if flash player is causing the problem on facebook. The light on the PC box just stays on for a while as if another program is running.

Congratulations mate, for the latter.

Good look with the job-hunting, unless you're doing another year (e.g. Master's, etc).

True I doubt there is many jobs in my field well there isn't really may do a PGCE but I have time now to consider all my options and think really hard about what I want to do with my life.

Not being alarmist but just been to the kitchen to male a coffee and came over all giddy. This s what happened before I was ill recently/ It had happened occasionally but not as bad. I was suddenly unable to walk straight (not booze Matt)

Any feel OK now. Took a couple of vitimin tablets,

Could be my diet or lack of a big meal. Have to go RI tomorrow for a checkup on my hand and will try and get there earlier and have a decent breakfast in their restaurant. They do nice meals there.