Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest MattP

Don't worry I know it's not booze, you wouldn't be caught in a Weatherspoons at this time.

Is the restaurant good at the Royal? Do you have to book?Can you get a Steak?

I wish the the local council would renovate the Belgrave Gate and Frog Island, to make these areas more nice.

Very rundown areas.

Frog Island is disgusting isn't it, used to be quite a thriving area as well when the Northbridge Tavern, Robin Hood etc were open. Gives a great first impresion of Leicester doesn't it?

Don't worry I know it's not booze, you wouldn't be caught in a Weatherspoons at this time.

Is the restaurant good at the Royal? Do you have to book?Can you get a Steak?

Frog Island is disgusting isn't it, used to be quite a thriving area as well when the Northbridge Tavern, Robin Hood etc were open. Gives a great first impresion of Leicester doesn't it?

Well the foods edible and its clean. Well I suppose it would be being located in a hospital/ It's mainly for staff and patients but anybody can use it. Not sure if members of the public go out of their way to use it but if there are workplaces nearby it would be handy.

You missed out Van Dams.

Edited by Rincewind

Guest MattP

Well the foods edible and its clean. Well I suppose it would be being located in a hospital/ It's mainly for staff and patients but anybody can use it. Not sure if members of the public go out of their way to use it but if there are workplaces nearby it would be handy.

You missed out Van Dams.

I went into Newmans in town last week, for a daytime restaurant it was absolutely fantastic, Highly recommended.

Van Dams, that's a bit before my time but the picture looks good, shame we can't revamp the Woodgate area. Looks like it used to be lively.

I went into Newmans in town last week, for a daytime restaurant it was absolutely fantastic, Highly recommended.

Van Dams, that's a bit before my time but the picture looks good, shame we can't revamp the Woodgate area. Looks like it used to be lively.

Used to work near there and they had topless barmaids at lunchtime.

Look at the Google page for Van Dam search. There is someone on Linkein from Leicester called Kevin Van Dam. He's a care worker co-ordinator. Anyone know him?

Guest Col city fan

Productive day really.

Mum has bought a new 'wheelchair converted' car so she can zip up the ramp in her little scooter and get out the sliding side door (very clever conversion actually).

On a less positive note, she insisted we renew our season tickets, which we have done, so I've got another season of suffering the trials and tribs of LCFC.

:cry:

Guest MattP

Used to work near there and they had topless barmaids at lunchtime.

Look at the Google page for Van Dam search. There is someone on Linkein from Leicester called Kevin Van Dam. He's a care worker co-ordinator. Anyone know him?

I remember doing that at Russells once, all about 60, was disgusting and the only one who was younger looked like Dwight Yorke.

Care worker co-ordinator? I'd have taken a guess you would.

Just had a phone call from my 'adviser' at the work programme. It's been over two months. He is really eager to help me back to work.

He just asked how I was doing, said five hours was not much and to let him know when I start on pension credits. I've done better without his help.

I'm sure he has helped others though back to work or younger ones with first job. I would not be an easy option and probably thought I was quite capable of doing what was needed. Most of the work programmed invo;ved letter writing CV training and placements at the Pound Shop and McDonalds and they went to spotty 16 year olds

Anyway with what I'm doing now I can find contacts with regards to further work. Sometimes who you know helps you get in the back door.

Just had a phone call from my 'adviser' at the work programme. It's been over two months. He is really eager to help me back to work.

He just asked how I was doing, said five hours was not much and to let him know when I start on pension credits. I've done better without his help.

I'm sure he has helped others though back to work or younger ones with first job. I would not be an easy option and probably thought I was quite capable of doing what was needed. Most of the work programmed invo;ved letter writing CV training and placements at the Pound Shop and McDonalds and they went to spotty 16 year olds

Anyway with what I'm doing now I can find contacts with regards to further work. Sometimes who you know helps you get in the back door.

Sorry Ken but that made me  lol

Just had an incident at my place. Some twat who is supposed to be a friend with my neighbour just broke ithe winder of the dsoor of the communial eoor.. Neighbour doesn't always lock his flat door when going out. I heard a few kicks and an almighty bang. Dialed 101 and the police arrived within minutes to be fair. They went up to the neighbours flat and found the bloke in there. They are having a chat with him now. Think a bloke from next house saw as they were speaking to a cop. Been having problems for a while. Neighbough is OK with being quiet no music etc but he is easily led and allows almost anybody into his flat which is usually early evening until around 2am.

We have an electronic lock now as the normal lock was constantly being broken. Luckily noones attempted to break into my flat. Their purpose was just to get in to see my neighbour.

What they do not understand is they are putting his tenacy at risk if he allows them in. They may use his flat to use drugs. I have heard this rumour but its hearsay.

Just fed up with it. Only hope thre are no repucussions.

Just had an incident at my place. Some twat who is supposed to be a friend with my neighbour just broke ithe winder of the dsoor of the communial eoor.. Neighbour doesn't always lock his flat door when going out. I heard a few kicks and an almighty bang. Dialed 101 and the police arrived within minutes to be fair. They went up to the neighbours flat and found the bloke in there. They are having a chat with him now. Think a bloke from next house saw as they were speaking to a cop. Been having problems for a while. Neighbough is OK with being quiet no music etc but he is easily led and allows almost anybody into his flat which is usually early evening until around 2am.

We have an electronic lock now as the normal lock was constantly being broken. Luckily noones attempted to break into my flat. Their purpose was just to get in to see my neighbour.

What they do not understand is they are putting his tenacy at risk if he allows them in. They may use his flat to use drugs. I have heard this rumour but its hearsay.

Just fed up with it. Only hope thre are no repucussions.

I hope they make him homeless.

I would prefer they move him to a place where he can get the care he needs. He has had mental issues.

A police van is outside now. I am sure the police are aware of what is going on. They just needed evidence and to catch them in the act.

When I  talked about it to a housing officer before they said the police knew about it. Never called them before because I thought they would not arrive in time to catch anyone. I was wrong.

When I spoke on the phone I got the impression they knew where I was talking about.

Edited by Rincewind

Dept Works and Pensions.

Not so sure now. A clause says if you claim Pension Credit you don't qualify. I should start that next week. I will still fill the form in. Not bothered if I don't. Its a one off payment of £200 over the Winter £5-£10 Pw? I can adjust for that.

What is mental about that? Just a marketing gimmick by a cheesy kiddy-pop star which seriously undermines the significance of the magna carte. Unless that's what you mean by mental?

If you've ever visited Salisbury before you'd understand. I think the last thing of significance that happened was when The Beatles played here.

Productive day really.

Mum has bought a new 'wheelchair converted' car so she can zip up the ramp in her little scooter and get out the sliding side door (very clever conversion actually).

On a less positive note, she insisted we renew our season tickets, which we have done, so I've got another season of suffering the trials and tribs of LCFC.

:cry:

I feel your pain Col lol