Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

What is mental about that? Just a marketing gimmick by a cheesy kiddy-pop star which seriously undermines the significance of the magna carte. Unless that's what you mean by mental?

Hahaha you miserble old git.  If it pisses you off it has to be worth doing.

Just did a search and had no results.

This is an email with a blog update for Holly McNish. She has done some poetry for young children

I keep getting asked if I have any poetry online suitable for younger people, say Primary aged or year 7. I am trying to make more of my stuff more accessible and in general cut out swearing etc. I swear a lot. I always have, especially when I'm angry and I write a lot when I'm angry about things. But my gran doesn't like it and I don't so much either! In the meantime, here are some of the poems I have online which I know teachers have used with Primary school groups. I hope that's helpful.

If you listen to these and I've missed something ie a swear word, please let me know!

If you are a teacher and you think of others, let me know!! I'm currently putting all my poems for 5 year olds together and hope to have them up soon too x

http://holliemcnish.bandcamp.com/track/7-beautiful-victoria-beckham-or-a-flower

http://holliemcnish.bandcamp.com/track/8-ms-nature-ft-zayna-daze-production-toe

http://holliemcnish.bandcamp.com/track/6-fruit-and-veg

http://holliemcnish.bandcamp.com/album/wow

http://holliemcnish.bandcamp.com/track/milk-jug-jackers

http://holliemcnish.bandcamp.com/track/1-a-british-national-breakfast

AARGH!

My boss has just asked me if I am interested in a role covering our Eastern Europe operations.  Get to stay based here but travel probably 3 days / 2 nights a week to Warsaw, Istanbul etc.  Shit.  SHIT!  Scary but exciting. Did I say AARAGH?  AAARGH!!!

AARGH!

My boss has just asked me if I am interested in a role covering our Eastern Europe operations.  Get to stay based here but travel probably 3 days / 2 nights a week to Warsaw, Istanbul etc.  Shit.  SHIT!  Scary but exciting. Did I say AARAGH?  AAARGH!!!

Tricky one depends on your commitments family wise. If it was me i think i would go for it! sounds like a great career move.

• Like 1

Sounds like a risk-free opportunity to bag a couple of sidelines in the eastern European nubile teen marketplace.

This is why I never got rich .  I just haven't got your  eye for the main chance .

:D

AARGH!

My boss has just asked me if I am interested in a role covering our Eastern Europe operations. Get to stay based here but travel probably 3 days / 2 nights a week to Warsaw, Istanbul etc. Shit. SHIT! Scary but exciting. Did I say AARAGH? AAARGH!!!

EVERY week? Sounds exhausting but exciting for a young, single person but would you not miss your family a lot? Don't you have young kids?

Purchased some new glasses and, as part of an offer, got another pair half-priced.

I also got offered a free umbrella by some bloke (who didn't seem 'right') on Belgrave Gate.  :S

Edited by Wymeswold fox

EVERY week? Sounds exhausting but exciting for a young, single person but would you not miss your family a lot? Don't you have young kids?

Yes I do. Will be very tough.  This is one of those opportunities which you dont get when you are young and single unfortunately, it is on the leadership team for the region.

Edited by Jon the Hat

Yes I do. Will be very tough.  This is one of those opportunities which you dont get when you are young and single unfortunately, it is on the leadership team for the region.

Not that I understand what your job would be but I have learned that you don't have to physically be with people all the time to lead them.

I used to manage a team of 30 from my internet connection.  Of course I would meet them regularly, keep up regular team meetings, etc, but day to day they could be managed using phone, videoconf, teleconf, e-mail and texts (unless there were any problems).   

Wonder if the employer would still take you on in this role if you could demonstrate a commitment to smarter ways of working (and, more importantly these days, cost savings) by using the available technology and travelling less often. 

:dunno:

Edited by Vacamion

Purchased some new glasses and, as part of an offer, got another pair half-priced.

I also got offered a free umbrella by some bloke (who didn't seem 'right') on Belgrave Gate. :S

The only thing not 'right' is the fact he's trying to offload umbrellas when it's boiling outside!

Didn't get to the radio station until late. Stayed in the Green Room so never got on air for poetry corner. After the night before incident with our house entrance door I was not in the mood.

Apparently it was a good show with controversial topics. The others are trying to get me do a slot while it is on the internet only.

What persona should I adopt?

AARGH!

Sounds great, Jon. Go for it and after a couple of face to face meetings you'll be able to do as Vacamion suggests and use technology.

It's been a bit of a mixed week.

A relative I really like but see rarely killed himself on Tuesday.  He was 45.  I was up up at the wake last night and it was an open coffin. I was ok over there but then got really upset on the drive home and had a bit too much to drink last night.

I found out yesterday that I was elected on to the Employee Representative Forum in work.

• Like 1

I think the best part of being head of music at a radio station isn't the pre-releases sent through or the free music, but the spam e-mails - they're ****ing hilarious: screw the new flying ibex album, I'm gonna read the sob story of Olga, the 35 year old Russian who're whose lesbianese (I assume they mean Lebanese) cousin died and left her 16 million dollars, which she needs a husband to help smuggle it out of the country.

I think the best part of being head of music at a radio station isn't the pre-releases sent through or the free music, but the spam e-mails - they're ****ing hilarious: screw the new flying ibex album, I'm gonna read the sob story of Olga, the 35 year old Russian who're whose lesbianese (I assume they mean Lebanese) cousin died and left her 16 million dollars, which she needs a husband to help smuggle it out of the country.

Humblebrag yo.

I was going to call him a pretentious tosser, but then I thought about it - there's no way that beefwit Jay-Z even knows what the Magna Carta is.

It's his label's marketing people who will have come up with this.

AARGH!

My boss has just asked me if I am interested in a role covering our Eastern Europe operations. Get to stay based here but travel probably 3 days / 2 nights a week to Warsaw, Istanbul etc. Shit. SHIT! Scary but exciting. Did I say AARAGH? AAARGH!!!

Wow sounds a great opportunity

Didn't get to the radio station until late. Stayed in the Green Room so never got on air for poetry corner. After the night before incident with our house entrance door I was not in the mood.

Apparently it was a good show with controversial topics. The others are trying to get me do a slot while it is on the internet only.

What persona should I adopt?

Grumpy left-wing old queen?

Edited by Parafox

Daughters party tomorrow and spent the evening moving about 40 bales for the perimeter of a dance floor,2 x marquees, 40 FT trailer for the disco and putting the tent up.im knackered.

Illegal rave! :ph34r: 

Hands off, she wrote to me first...