Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had a call yesterday saying that I'll have to stay at the General Hospital (Leics) the day I have my internal radiation therapy.

Get dem anti-depressants out.

Rincewind, is that an 'Austin Reed' branded hat?

Good luck mate,not a bad thing to stay although not an ideal scenario all round.

When are you going in?

Good luck ( radiology?)

:o how did you know?! lol

Also Cardiographer and Physiotherapy Assistant. :D

Hope it goes well Mikey.

Thanks mate :)

Good luck buddy

Cheers mate :)

Good luck Mikey and :fc: Wymsey

Thank you mate :)

Had a call yesterday saying that I'll have to stay at the General Hospital (Leics) the day I have my internal radiation therapy.

Get dem anti-depressants out.

Rincewind, is that an 'Austin Reed' branded hat?

Good luck buddy. Hope all goes ok. 

I'm off to Ingoldmells today, might visit the market plus a decent beach there.

You're living the dream man, living the dream.

good luck to Wymeswold fox and Mike.

Seconded.

good luck to Wymeswold fox and Mike.

You're living the dream man, living the dream.

Seconded.

Cheers :D

Thirded.

Long dayy today, going to do loads of work so I can watch the ashes uninterrupted.

Thanks mate :)

I'm off to Ingoldmells today, might visit the market plus a decent beach there.

Don't get a tattoo do done at Black Orchid!  :thumbdown:

The day's not even half-over, and I've just received news that a WebTV series concept that I've been working on with a friend of mine has been selected out of 185 entries.

We'll now be facing a pitching session this coming Friday.

Fvck me, where's the Champagne? My nerves...!

• Like 1

The day's not even half-over, and I've just received news that a WebTV series concept that I've been working on with a friend of mine has been selected out of 185 entries.

We'll now be facing a pitching session this coming Friday.

Fvck me, where's the Champagne? My nerves...!

The lives and loves of members of a football related internet forum?

Went to that U3A meeting today. Surprised at how many were there. There was a guest speaker in the guise of some one called Joshanne Beresford who gave a talk on aromatherapy in 1640. Very interesting to learn about all the herbs and poisons used. A stick of cinnamon cost £80k to a rich buyer and it did nothing just used as presentation to impress the gentry. Nutmeg was half a million. He said there was a certain skill to knowing how much arsenic to administer but if they did not pay the bill he had a lapse of memory. The bloke portrayed was a big landowner of the time and lived  in a few houses from Leicester to Northampton.

Cant find any info on him. Must have got the name wrong and the infos in my bag in the kitchen. He was Swedish and the name was similay but pronounced Yohanne.

Edited by Rincewind

I mean this in an absolutely complementary way. If I had the money I would pay to make a TV programme following the lives of Leicesterpool and Rincewind. Two different ends of the generational spectrum and oddly, fascinating lives. It would be like a cross between a reality show and an Alan Bennett play.

I mean this in an absolutely complementary way. If I had the money I would pay to make a TV programme following the lives of Leicesterpool and Rincewind. Two different ends of the generational spectrum and oddly, fascinating lives. It would be like a cross between a reality show and an Alan Bennett play.

Thanks I will take it as a compliment. It was in fact much more interesting talk than I thought it would be. It was history with audience particitation. He was dressed up in the costume and had samples of the herbs for them to smell.

It is not a subject I had thought about before but a lot of the herbs used was trial and error. He gave the talk in character

Speaker: Johannes Beresford (aka Trevor Parr) A Visit from a 1640s Apothecary

Johannes Beresford was born in 1588, the eldest son of an apothecary, whose grandfather was also an apothecary. He went to Leyden University in the Netherlands from the age of 14 to 16, and graduated with a degree in medicine and herbalism. He was then apprenticed to his father for 7 years, and when he became an apothecary in his own right, he left for England, because his father and grandfather were still running the family business. He practises in the Northampton, Leicester, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire areas with his amanuensis, Trevor Parr.

Edited by Rincewind

I was going to say add Kingfox on to that list as well.

But I doubt they'd be much interest in a spotty teenager sat in his room on the Internet masturbating over pictures of St Ledger & Justin Bieber.

I was going to say add Kingfox on to that list as well.

But I doubt they'd be much interest in a spotty teenager sat in his room on the Internet masturbating over pictures of St Ledger & Justin Bieber.

I also think we're technologically, socially and culturally a few years away from modern televisions being able to withstand the sheer magnitude of his banter.

• Like 1