Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest MattP

If that was meant to be ironic you might be surprised to learn that people actually don't enjoy being stuck on benefits.

It wasn't. Deadly serious it must be awful to have 140 quid dumped in your bank account every two weeks and wonder where it has come from.

I bet they all wished they lived in a country with no welfare state to avoid the embarrassment.

Guest MattP

You can't buy a season ticket on £140 fortnight.

Sign on the direct debit system. Surely you could whack one on the Down and Out expenses and do some write ups?

Guest MattP

I am limited with the hours. They do not count the first £5 of earnings and the money is topped up to 'exist income' so in fact I am only drawing £80 in benefits/pension credits.

So you will be worse off than when on Jsa?

Been looking at Groby myself (first time buyer) what's it like round there?

it depends on your perspective really.  My wife and I have a daughter who is 6 months old tomorrow and we are moving to Groby for the future so that she can have a decent education hopefully and to be honest we (my wife) wants away from where we live currently for various reasons (crime is very high in the Westcotes area currently being one reason).  My wife's family live just off Groby Road in the City (about 3 to 4 miles away from where we are moving to) and she wants to stay fairly close.  My wife works in Narborough and I work in Loughborough currently so its about halfway (very roughly) to each.  I have heard mainly positive things from others about Groby and in general it seems a very nice positive sort of village to live in.  Still close enough to get to the City games etc etc but far enough away to have a more sedate village type lifestyle as oppose to just off Narborough Road manic City style place we currently live.

Don't get me wrong I suppose until we actually live there its a bit of a gamble etc etc but hey ho, hopefully a good choice for our little one

But back onto what you asked about errm errm oh yes Groby - yes it does seem to be a nice village, and the Stamford Arms in the centre is a cracking little pub

You;ll all be glad to know that I am officially off JSA. Called the DWP up and was told that my pension credit will commence when I sign off apart from five days waiting for them to read an email the DWP sends to Jobcentre and another five days waiting for them to process it. (I was told this)

Yhe woman behind the counter gave ne a form to fill in amd said taht's it giving me a look that said feck off scum.

Now I can get back to being treated like a human being.

Good News, hope it makes for a better life  :thumbup:

Had a 6oz buffalo burger with chilli today. I was spoilt for choice. Ostrich, kangaroo, venison, . They also had kangaroo saugages that could be bought. Any Aussie foxes tried them?

Kanagaroo a meat is average, too tough.

Good News, hope it makes for a better life  :thumbup:

Thanks, don't get me wrong I'd like to do more hours in my part time job but the role because of the budget the project has can only fund so many hours. With the jobcentre you are limited and have to specify the type of jobs.

I am also limited to the voluntary hours. If an unemployed person does more than 16 hours voluntary hours or go an unapproved training course they can be santioned and their money stopped even though the work or course is what they can do and want and may lead to full time. I can now do the jobs that I  may have been sent to but if I find something better or am treated crap I do not have to write a 3 page letter saying why I quit and then told the reason is not good enough. Even turning a job down because of worries about your health is not good enough.

I have probably written too much here and it seems like moaning. I have joined a site that has clents pay for writing articles. You have to make a list of possible subjects then look on a job board. Looked the other day and there were three. Promoting an anti-ageing product for women. 600-800 words about 3c per word. I doubt that I could write 60 words on that subject. Don't even know where to start..

There should be better stuff and after doing a few the better priced jobs are listed and clients may ask for favourite writers so I'll see how it goes not rushing until that happens.

Had a 6oz buffalo burger with chilli today. I was spoilt for choice. Ostrich, kangaroo, venison, . They also had kangaroo saugages that could be bought. Any Aussie foxes tried them?

Kanagaroo a meat is average, too tough.

Sounds expensive Ken!

When I was in Australia we used to feed the dog kangaroo meat as Socceroo said its as tough as old boots.

Sounds expensive Ken!

When I was in Australia we used to feed the dog kangaroo meat as Socceroo said its as tough as old boots.

Yes it was the monthly continental Market. The burgers were £3 to £3.50. The packs of sausages were £4.50 for six. Wasn't over impressed by the buffalo one and was not daring enough to try one of the unusual ones. What about crocodile?

They were listed as healthy products. Not healthy for the animals.

Yes it was the monthly continental Market. The burgers were £3 to £3.50. The packs of sausages were £4.50 for six. Wasn't over impressed by the buffalo one and was not daring enough to try one of the unusual ones. What about crocodile?

You don't do yourself any favours Ken!  I pay less than that in Waitrose for my burgers, and I workd 50-60 hours a week to pay for it! :whistle:

Guest Col city fan

it depends on your perspective really. My wife and I have a daughter who is 6 months old tomorrow and we are moving to Groby for the future so that she can have a decent education hopefully and to be honest we (my wife) wants away from where we live currently for various reasons (crime is very high in the Westcotes area currently being one reason). My wife's family live just off Groby Road in the City (about 3 to 4 miles away from where we are moving to) and she wants to stay fairly close. My wife works in Narborough and I work in Loughborough currently so its about halfway (very roughly) to each. I have heard mainly positive things from others about Groby and in general it seems a very nice positive sort of village to live in. Still close enough to get to the City games etc etc but far enough away to have a more sedate village type lifestyle as oppose to just off Narborough Road manic City style place we currently live.

Don't get me wrong I suppose until we actually live there its a bit of a gamble etc etc but hey ho, hopefully a good choice for our little one

But back onto what you asked about errm errm oh yes Groby - yes it does seem to be a nice village, and the Stamford Arms in the centre is a cracking little pub

The missis lives in Groby and loves it. Near the Stamford Arms actually.

It's useful for road links, Groby pool is nice and there are shops, GP, Church all within walking distance.

it depends on your perspective really.  My wife and I have a daughter who is 6 months old tomorrow and we are moving to Groby for the future so that she can have a decent education hopefully and to be honest we (my wife) wants away from where we live currently for various reasons (crime is very high in the Westcotes area currently being one reason).  My wife's family live just off Groby Road in the City (about 3 to 4 miles away from where we are moving to) and she wants to stay fairly close.  My wife works in Narborough and I work in Loughborough currently so its about halfway (very roughly) to each.  I have heard mainly positive things from others about Groby and in general it seems a very nice positive sort of village to live in.  Still close enough to get to the City games etc etc but far enough away to have a more sedate village type lifestyle as oppose to just off Narborough Road manic City style place we currently live.

But back onto what you asked about errm errm oh yes Groby - yes it does seem to be a nice village, and the Stamford Arms in the centre is a cracking little pub

You would be better off living in Glenfield pal. :thumbup:

Horse meat is really nice.

Apparently crocodile is as tough as old boots.

Where's this at, sounds quite interesting. Always wanted to try crocodile. I'd love to eat panda as well, but the soppy environmentalists frown on it. If you won't have sex to save your species you deserve to die frankly.

You don't do yourself any favours Ken!  I pay less than that in Waitrose for my burgers, and I workd 50-60 hours a week to pay for it! :whistle:

didn't say i bought any to take away just one for my lunch. had less when i got home so it counted as a meal.