Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Unfortunately I agree with Year of the Fox. You've listed loads of excuses to convince yourself that you're not up to it physically, when to me you are just quitting when the going gets a little bit tough.

You won't get anywhere with that attitude.

Guest MattP

Went into town earlier as I had to go to the bank.

Less chavs out today, might have been as I went in earlier. People do seem happier when the sun is out.

Unfortunately I agree with Year of the Fox. You've listed loads of excuses to convince yourself that you're not up to it physically, when to me you are just quitting when the going gets a little bit tough.

You won't get anywhere with that attitude.

This.

I know I've had a bit of a pop - and you are a good poster but for gods sake listen to yourself... It really is shameful.

No top athlete gets there without a LOT of pain, day in, day out. You see the documentaries when a sportsperson has won a major? It shows the pain and training and ice baths etc? It's not for show, training hurts, every day.

If you want the rewards you put the graft in, simple as that, and when you think your done and can't give anymore. Do another set.

To put it in perspective I am also training twice a day, out inthe heat on top of working a 12 hour day. The chances of me succeeding in my goals are very slim but will I give up? Never.

I think i'm do wound up about this because I hear excuses from my clients every day. They all want their goals but some don't want to work to get there.

Don't be surprised if the college dont call, remember, you went to them, they didn't approach you. You'd better hope they take you back.

Whilst you chilling on your undeserved day off watch this and have a think about weather you really want to do this...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Had a text off my editor to say I am not compelled to do my solo presenting debut on the radio tomorrow as there is a guest coming in which may take up the allotted time.

Also had a Email from Publicity Co-ordinator from U3A about a possible radio appearance to promote and advertise their open day on August 14th.

Could be doing that interview.

I'm still confused by the point of this 'course' to be honest. Are you actually any good at football? Surely the normal way to go is to play for a team. What use is a qualification in playing football?

Its a course to help improve your game, plus it's like shop window for clubs to come in and sign you. But so far, there not showing us anything to improve our game instead there showing how weak some of us are.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Good day so far.  Been to the gym and done a tip run  to get rid of more shite before we move next week.

Got rather shitfaced last night but surprisingly not got a hangover today lol

Tomorrow I start a 6 day attachment with a different part of the job I do (a bit more exciting even if only for 6 days)

Its a course to help improve your game, plus it's like shop window for clubs to come in and sign you. But so far, there not showing us anything to improve our game instead there showing how weak some of us are.

They probably have to find your weaknesses so they know where you need to improve your game.

They want people to show their weaknesses early on so they can get rid of the fannys.

Sorry I know I'm being incredibly harsh on you. I'm trying ti get you to see how daft and (I'd say girly but frankly in this case that'd be offensive to females)

I actually think you're wummering

They want people to show their weaknesses early on so they can get rid of the fannys.

Sorry I know I'm being incredibly harsh on you. I'm trying ti get you to see how daft and (I'd say girly but frankly in this case that'd be offensive to females)

I actually think you're wummering

Had to do some packaging design with a customer with polylam in a small room 42c,I had sweat pouring off me,my shirt was soaked and I'm not a sweaty person.The member of staff was the same.Phoned the MD and he said,its a lovely day uuurrgggh sweat,you might as well go home.That was at 3.30.

Daughter acting a dick at school flouting small rules,length of skirt,putting make up on at school,using phone in class.She was put on report and has clocked up so many points she cannot go on the school trip to wickstead park.Serves her right.The thing is she is in the top class for everything and is bright,which bugs me even more.

Well you need to know what a life of being a professional sportsman is like don't you? Why would they give you a piss easy session that isn't representative?

You've done a pretty good job of showing them how weak you are by not showing up today anyway.

You probably dont gove a toss, I don't know why I care about this so much, but I hope you continue and I genuinely wish you luck. That said, im afraid you have really gone down in my books today and I always thought you were allright as well.

Guest Col city fan

Good day so far. Been to the gym and done a tip run to get rid of more shite before we move next week.

Got rather shitfaced last night but surprisingly not got a hangover today lol

Tomorrow I start a 6 day attachment with a different part of the job I do (a bit more exciting even if only for 6 days)

Good on ya buddy..

Been so busy in the office - not managed to get out onto the gym floor much today. I like to talk to the members each day.

On the upside, the new PT we hired started today so spent this afternoon showing him around etc

EDIT: Got 20mins before finish so gonna go out and mingle with the people! :D

Edited by FoxesAreBlue

Put a couple of CD's on Itunes then went through all the signing up process so I could add covers and on the last page an error message came up to say it had timed ou. I had just put my card details in as well which I couldnt finish without.

Now I'm worried about that.

Well you need to know what a life of being a professional sportsman is like don't you? Why would they give you a piss easy session that isn't representative?

You've done a pretty good job of showing them how weak you are by not showing up today anyway.

You probably dont gove a toss, I don't know why I care about this so much, but I hope you continue and I genuinely wish you luck. That said, im afraid you have really gone down in my books today and I always thought you were allright as well.

Same here.

It's really wound me up too. I'd love to get behind the scrawny little so and so whilst he's running and bellow at him like a cnut.

Or just join in and put him to shame.

It's a true saying is 'Pain is weakness leaving the body'

You only actually get any fitter when you push your pain barrier.

Been so busy in the office - not managed to get out onto the gym floor much today. I like to talk to the members each day.

On the upside, the new PT we hired started today so spent this afternoon showing him around etc

EDIT: Got 20mins before finish so gonna go out and mingle with the people! :D

What do you know/think about the franchise Anytime Fitness?

Guest MattP

Put a Lamb Shank in at four, just preparing some peppers and have peeled some potatoes, looking forward to it as I have starved myself all day, should be ready for about eight.

Aren't you 18?

You are more than likely to have more weaknesses, as you haven't been spotted by clubs yet at a fairly old age.

To be honest, I'd give it up. It'll take a lot of effort and you seem to be looking for excuses just a couple of days in.

Edited by Corky

Aren't you 18?

You are more than likely to have more weaknesses, as you haven't been spotted by clubs yet at a fairly old age.

To be honest, I'd give it up. It'll take a lot of effort and you seem to be looking for excuses just a couple of days in.

Going back in tomorrow, see how it goes. Good news is we're having a bit of a rain fall next week, which well help. 19 by the way.

Edited by Leicesterpool

What do you know/think about the franchise Anytime Fitness?

Not a great deal to be honest as there isn't one in Leicester.

Howeve I believe that try are similar to The Gym Group, Pure Gym, Easy Gym and others that follow the Budget Gym business model.

Good for no-frills training, if you like the kudos of having a sauna, pool, tanning room and yoga classes you'll never use they're not for you.

If you just want to turn up, train and go home then you can't go wrong.