Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Sounds about right, same as The Gym and Pure Gym too, both of which have recently secured massive investment from different equity firms.

I believe that the budget sector and the really high end private gyms are the way forward and middle sector health clubs (Fitness First, David Lloyd etc) may struggle. There is already evidence of this in that Fitness First are opening a budget chain (Klik Fitness near the KP) as are DW Fitness who have just opened their budget chain DW Gym Group on Humberstone Gate too.

I'm really considering not going into work today.

I had a crap sleep, my legs are achy and to make matters worse I've got a little cut on my right thumb.

I'd feel like putting myself out for them more if they rang me up asking if I was coming into work the following day but I've not heard so much as a peek out of them.

😀😀😀

Great day but cant sleep for shit!

The missis woke me to tell me she couldn't sleep with the window open! (I assume she thought I was awake)

I'm gonna be knackered in the morning

Now this should go in WGMG,why do they do that?my mrs wakes me up to say things like"can you here those cats fighting outside""it's windy outside" and other irrelevant shit.She's back purring away in minutes leaving me awake for hours.
  • Like 1

Now this should go in WGMG,why do they do that?my mrs wakes me up to say things like"can you here those cats fighting outside""it's windy outside" and other irrelevant shit.She's back purring away in minutes leaving me awake for hours.

It's the same for me snoring. I keep her awake- fair enough. But when the next day is her day off she still wakes me to tell me to get in the spare room. Why not just get up and walk out yourself?

Similarly for me, I went bed a bit late so when I woke up (at 5:00am) for work I was too tired.

Couple that with the fear I felt when I saw a spider in the bathroom and I'm just not sure if I can face the rest of today.

My colleague is away this week and I've already done the work of two people for 3 days already, basically that's over a weeks work so back to he'd for me really.

Similarly for me, I went bed a bit late so when I woke up (at 5:00am) for work I was too tired.

Couple that with the fear I felt when I saw a spider in the bathroom and I'm just not sure if I can face the rest of today.

My colleague is away this week and I've already done the work of two people for 3 days already, basically that's over a weeks work so back to he'd for me really.

What you need sir is a medal.

FoxesAreBlue VC

I rang in sick. They apologised profusely. They've altered my contract of employment to say that at 6pm every night they'll ring me to make sure I'm ok and that I'm working the next day. Afrerall, they don't have 14 other blokes as well as their own lives to worry about do they?

You're completely fúcking obsessed with Leicesterpool, what is wrong with you?! Look at your recent posts in this thread. Note the volume and the content. There must be some deep rooted issue manifesting itself here.

I woke up and my foot felt worse, but i got dressed and ready and turned up. I had a word with the coach, explaining why i wasn't in and see what he suggested. He told me to go and see the Physio and he had a look at my foot, i didn't notice much but my foot was red and swollen. After a while he then told me i must have pulled something in my ankle ligaments and said these type of injures only can be healed by resting. Normally these injures take about a week or two to heal up. But anyway i was just sent home after that, they got me a taxi back. As I was in the car home, i was starting to think, maybe i'm not built for playing football and just enjoy it as a hobby.

Again maybe it was nice thought, but not for me. I'm very sad but i've got to face up to the fact i'm not good enough. As I said a nice little dream, but the more i thought the more i was hating it. Again if you've got it, go for it.

Call me a coward but at least i gave it a go in the end. For me when i joined this training session, i did for a laugh had a little ago but myself i'd rather sit at home an enjoy the hot summer and return to reality in september. Even though i only did two days of training, i found myself at the end of it starting to fall out of the game. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

You just seem to have the wrong attitude. Reading. Beckham's autobiography he was told by many people he'd never make it yet preserved with it. He's not done too badly in his career.

You're telling yourself youre not good enough?!

Everyone struggles at work originally. I was ****ing shit at plumbing the first 2 years. A fish out of water was too kind to describe myself. I could write a book on the leaks and accidents I had. I stuck at it though even though at tines I had my doubts as to whether I was cut out for it and now I'm fine. The bosses seem to rate me anyway.

My point in this whole thing is that if you're not willing to help yourself then how can you expect others to help you?

You just seem to have the wrong attitude. Reading. Beckham's autobiography he was told by many people he'd never make it yet preserved with it. He's not done too badly in his career.

You're telling yourself youre not good enough?!

Everyone struggles at work originally. I was ****ing shit at plumbing the first 2 years. A fish out of water was too kind to describe myself. I could write a book on the leaks and accidents I had. I stuck at it though even though at tines I had my doubts as to whether I was cut out for it and now I'm fine. The bosses seem to rate me anyway.

My point in this whole thing is that if you're not willing to help yourself then how can you expect others to help you?

Well i'm not good enough, i'd rather decide that myself, than somebody tells me. Mixing football with business doesn't work for me. But tell you what i'd rather do, football journalism i'd love that.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Well i'm not good enough, i'd rather decide that myself, than somebody tells me. Mixing football with business doesn't work for me. But tell you what i'd rather do, football journalism i'd love that.

You are 19 aren't you? To be honest at that age the chances of getting a professional club is very very slim. Depending how good you are you could still pull in £40/50 a week playing locally and enjoying it more.

Got sent a free laptop, tablet and hard drive, and on an all expenses paid trip to london to review them - free hotel with wi-fi, breakfast, air-con, got a free meal (mexican - tacos, quesadillas and sweet potato fries tapas plus a passion fruit cocktail). Life is good.

Edited by The Doctor

To be fair to you leicesterpool, of you don't want it, you do t want it. Youcant help that and you can't say fairer than that too.

I think I got so riled up because I didn't know about the opportunities available for kids in my sport (athletics) until I was far too old - my parents didn't have a clue about it either.

I probably would never had made it but it kills me not knowing for sure or not.

I do know that I wouldn't want to be a footballer, yeah I'd love that sort of cash but I could only ever play for one club and the way fickle fans are these days, I'd soon resent it.

Get yourself into a decent low league team and chase up a job you will enjoy.