Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Well i'm not good enough, i'd rather decide that myself, than somebody tells me. Mixing football with business doesn't work for me. But tell you what i'd rather do, football journalism i'd love that.

You may wish to invest in one of these, unless you want to go down the same road again.

2u8cf0j8725817.jpg

Guest MattP

Stressful. I had to call US immigration to see if they will let me back in to the country if I leave.

They may.

For some reason I always get nervous at US customs like no other country, any idea why? Just seem they want you to trip up.

Guest MattP

Definately.  They don't trust outsiders you know.

Gets better everytime you go but my first was a nightmare, even worse as his badge said "Rimmer" - nervous as anything and I'm trying not to piss myself, everything you said resulted in a question.

I still put my second job "accountant" rather than "gaming affiliate manager" purely because the latter gets you into so much bother it isn't worth it.

I heard that if you're a good looking girl travelling alone from a poorer country you're pretty much guaranteed to be taken aside for a 'full body cavity search' when entering the US. They won't do it to westerners or people travelling with partners or in groups, but 3rd world girls on their own are basically sexually assaulted. Welcome to the USA, land of opportunity.

Guest MattP

I heard that if you're a good looking girl travelling alone from a poorer country you're pretty much guaranteed to be taken aside for a 'full body cavity search' when entering the US. They won't do it to westerners or people travelling with partners or in groups, but 3rd world girls on their own are basically sexually assaulted. Welcome to the USA, land of opportunity.

I got chatting to a girl from Tehran in Dubai, absolutely gorgeous. She told me whenever she wears heels in the Middle East she always gets asked to take her shoes off and the guards start massaging them a lot of the time.

It's pretty much a license to have a perve and grope for whatever perversion suits you when you work at Airport security.

Can you even begin to imagine the shit OzLeicester gets up to when he gets all the beachbums in Perth rocking out in tight shorts, vests and thongs? I'm amazed a plane has ever departed from there on time.

Stressful. I had to call US immigration to see if they will let me back in to the country if I leave.

They may.

For some reason I always get nervous at US customs like no other country, any idea why? Just seem they want you to trip up.

No idea. But this trip back is going to be terrible.

Spending a day in Amsterdam before going to Nigeria doesn't look good to begin with. Now I have questionable visa issues as I am in between visas while we relocate.

Rationally I don't need a visa as I am just coming back to pack the house up before leaving to Lesotho. But immigration people are not rational.

Guest MattP

No idea. But this trip back is going to be terrible.

Spending a day in Amsterdam before going to Nigeria doesn't look good to begin with. Now I have questionable visa issues as I am in between visas while we relocate.

Rationally I don't need a visa as I am just coming back to pack the house up before leaving to Lesotho. But immigration people are not rational.

If in Nigeria I'm sure you can do what you want providing you pay, know a few people who have done business in Lagos.and Madugara?

Assuming you're moving to Lesotho for work, what kind of work do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

I do something called microfinance. It is basically banking for the poor. Except we try to screw them less. I work throughout Africa and middle east.

My wife's job with an American NGO/charity is yaking us to Lesotho.

Guest MattP

Maybe I should rephase it. I know OF some bankers. if you are going to take it serious. :)

What use is an unloaded gun?

Guest Col city fan

Busy today at work. Too hot to be stuck indoors really. Day off tomorrow though so I'm popping the car down the local dealer with a view to selling it. It's a better car than I really need so the plan is to bank the cash and get something cheaper. If the offer's right of course.

Tough day at work, my gaffer is away on holiday and I'm running the show.

The regional decided to test me with some tough questions, and hypothetical situations. I think it was too see of I would stab the gaffer in the back (which I didn't). I think I did okay tho because he accepted my answers without any further questioning.

I wrote everything down so I can analyse it with the Bossman on Monday when he's back.

Guest Col city fan

Cheers Col

Was really good first day on the attachment today and im looking forward to a 0700 start tomorrow

I hope to eventually transfer to that part of the "company" but its early days so I don't want to shoot myself in the foot lol

What do you do mate?