Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

You're lucky to be a keeper in a (is it 52?) over match, fielding is a nightmare for that long! Lucky I'm an opening bowler  :blush:

Unless it's a very high standard, as soon as you're in runs will probably come fairly easy, as you'll get some complete rubbish to put away. A perfect opportunity to get runs, but also to get out early and make no contribution all day!  :P

It will be 40 over or 50 over depending on what the captains have agreed. It's a friendly so we will fudge it to field first I hope as we are very weak today. It's exactly like you say, if I get in, runs will come. Ordinarily I would be confident but I've not picked up a bat in a long long time.

Might work best for us if they agree a timed game and I can bat for the draw!

Keeping is brilliant fun and a great way to be constantly involved and get your eye in for the batting effort. Looking at our bowling attack today though ill be mainly standing up to rank leg side rubbish. We shall see!

I don't envy you quick bowlers in this sort of heat. Our pitch is a nightmare against genuine pace. Variable bounce at one end from a length to a fullish ball. Really need to get forward and keep the bat down. Also about three paced. You'd probably love a bowl on it.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

I was walking through the city centre here today and saw a 60 year old guy about, 6ft7, long, platinum blonde hair, bald on top with a blonde handlebar moustache. It was way too much of a coincidence for him not to have cultivated his look on Hulk Hogan. I laughed at him, turned my head and then saw a fat couple walking towards me wearing identical, matching Sonic the Hedgehog t-shirts.

lol

It will be 40 over or 50 over depending on what the captains have agreed. It's a friendly so we will fudge it to field first I hope as we are very weak today. It's exactly like you say, if I get in, runs will come. Ordinarily I would be confident but I've not picked up a bat in a long long time.

Might work best for us if they agree a timed game and I can bat for the draw!

Keeping is brilliant fun and a great way to be constantly involved and get your eye in for the batting effort. Looking at our bowling attack today though ill be mainly standing up to rank leg side rubbish. We shall see!

I don't envy you quick bowlers in this sort of heat. Our pitch is a nightmare against genuine pace. Variable bounce at one end from a length to a fullish ball. Really need to get forward and keep the bat down. Also about three paced. You'd probably love a bowl on it.

Bowling quick (ish) in the heat is true, that's why I'm partially glad to have had a couple of weeks off due to a fairly bad cough! The wickets have done nothing for me for the majority of the year, so I'd love to get a three paced on if I'm honest.

Good luck, hope it goes well for you.

Went to the Lanes day. It was OK. A lot of the shops in the area were trading in the street. Outside the Lamplighters there was a bloke with a dog. But the strange thing was he also had a tame pigeon which was standing on the dogs back. Walked by later and it was on the blokes shoulder.

Also they were selling lfood tasters outside the Globe. I had a Scotch Quail egg. A qualtch egg.

I went port el kantoui. Stopped at the hotel soviva in 98.

Shithole- apart from the waterslides!

port el kantoui is a purpose built complex isn't it ?

i went about 20 years ago and it was quite new ( no camels or owt , but there were in Sousse down the road and the trains just run through the streets , you have to be wary .

The Hannibal Palace was brilliant , dunno if it's still there or changed its name 

i wonder if that little dotto train still runs up there ?

port el kantoui is a purpose built complex isn't it ?

i went about 20 years ago and it was quite new ( no camels or owt , but there were in Sousse down the road and the trains just run through the streets , you have to be wary .

The Hannibal Palace was brilliant , dunno if it's still there or changed its name 

i wonder if that little dotto train still runs up there ?

I thought it was a genuine town. A very nice harbour there but bar the huge waterslides at the hotel I don't remember too much, apart from everything coming with couscous.

Port El Kantoui is where I met Jill Dando

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297952-d316758-Reviews-Soviva_Resort-Port_El_Kantaoui_Sousse_Governorate.html

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Went for my jog this morning, full of energy and probably furthest i've ran for a while, anyway during the run i sometimes cross this bridge and i was going up this path and you have to make a certain turn to get bridge, however as i was jogging i forgot there was bollards there to prevent bikers from going fast the bridge, as i turned the corner i at to quickly change my direction around the bollard and as i was doing that, i kinda slipped but instead of going on my back i went forward and banged my head on the bollard which bounced my head, and instead going onto the ground it bounced me back into position. I felt alright afterwards continued on with my run and the pain was gone in seconds! Anyway dinner time now!

Edited by Leicesterpool