Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

There is maybe even too much watchable sport today. It's proving quite difficult to watch the cricket, the golf, the darts and the racing all at the same time. 2 laptops and a tv on the go here. Having loads of fun though. 

I've got to admit I love flying, I love everything about airports and aircraft, but the only time I get 'scared' is when I'm flying over water. For some reason, I just don't like it.

Flew into Cyprus one time and we must have been about 1000 feet from the water, the plane turned and descended pretty quickly  :sick:  :sick:

I don't mind flying and I'm not scared one bit. But the only thing I don't like about it is I get bored quickly and feel uncomfortable

To be honest i'm not frightened of flying as i used to be, the part i don't like is the rigmarole of going through security checks and awaiting for your luggage.  

Edited by Leicesterpool

To be honest i'm not frightened of flying as i used to be, the part i don't like is the rigmarole of going through security checks and awaiting for your luggage.

I'm more worried that my luggage might have been left at the other end by mistake.

I watched a tv program the other week, inside Gatwick on average 50 suitcases a week don't reach the passengers at their destination.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

I don't mind flying and I'm not scared one bit. But the only thing I don't like about it is I get bored quickly and feel uncomfortable

I'm the same mate. I'm a terrible fidget on a plane.

Prefer shorter haul flights.

On longer flights, there's typically films options to choose from that I don't particularly keen to watch and there's nothing else to do apart from read, sleep etc.

Prefer shorter haul flights.

On longer flights, there's typically films options to choose from that I don't particularly keen to watch and there's nothing else to do apart from read, sleep etc.

That's true. First time I went to America, King Kong was on. Not a fan of it, ands its about 4 hours long.

Flying is horrible. It doesn't scare me in any way but the whole idea of sitting in a very tight space, often next to someone you don't know, barely being able to move for 4 or 5 hours is not cool. 

My worst flight was coming back from Kiev after the Italy game. We had to be at Birmingham airport at 4am Sunday morning but I'd been to a house party the Saturday night so I never went to sleep. Drinking all day in Kiev in heat like we've had this week then going to the gane ET and penalties to get straight back to the airport to find the flight was delayed by 2 hours. I carried on drinking til we boarded the plane. I could feel myself nodding off but tried to stay awake til take off. The next thing I know we're 37k in the air. I assumed I'd been asleep for hours and was expecting to start the descent anytime soon. 3 hours later we're still at 37k. Must've woke up as soon as we'd levelled off after taking off. Horrid flight home. I got dropped off in the centre of Coalville and was walking back to mine at 730am Monday seeing some of the lads who I work with driving past. I'd been awake since 7am Saturday morning bar perhaps the 20mins kip after leaving Kiev :(

Oh and we were wearing the same clothes we'd left Coalville in at 3am Sunday morning. Stinkin hell

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Only time I ever got scared was when I went through really bad turbulence coming back from America. You know it's bad when the stewards are even strapped in.

Spilled my can of coke all over my brother, and my cheese from my dinner went all over a stranger to the right of me :glare:

Flying is crap. The security is annoying meaning you can't take what you want. €4 for a bottle of water at the airport i was at because they know you will get it confiscated by security. Duty free shops that still cost more than a supermarket so what's the point? Have to get to the airport ages before your flight.

Flights arn't allowed to depart unless at least 20 babies are onboard. Seats range from cramped to very cramped, you can't steal a few exta inches of legroom by having your feet slightly in the aisle either as air stewardesses are trained to aggressively ram them with drinks trolleys.

Flying is crap. The security is annoying meaning you can't take what you want. €4 for a bottle of water at the airport i was at because they know you will get it confiscated by security. Duty free shops that still cost more than a supermarket so what's the point? Have to get to the airport ages before your flight.

Flights arn't allowed to depart unless at least 20 babies are onboard. Seats range from cramped to very cramped, you can't steal a few exta inches of legroom by having your feet slightly in the aisle either as air stewardesses are trained to aggressively ram them with drinks trolleys.

Like my mum says you have to treat the airport thing as part of the holiday. Maybe being rammed with a trolley is a bit excessive though. Happened to me with Ryanair last month. I looked up at the stewardess expecting a 'sorry' to receive nothing but a glare!

So I'll admit to being terrified of flying. How could you not be? You're in a metal tube at 30,000 feet going at 600mph. You have no idea what's going on. You have no control over the thing. I used to be fine but one day at the age of about 22 I was in the bog on a plane and thought about the wafer thin wall separating me and a load of sky.

Edited by bovril

So I'll admit to being terrified of flying. How could you not be? You're in a metal tube at 30,000 feet going at 600mph. You have no idea what's going on. You have no control over the thing. I used to be fine but one day at the age of about 22 I was in the bog on a plane and thought about the wafer thin wall separating me and a load of sky.

it was then you shat yourself.

I admit I find the visits to tge bogs quite disturbing for the same reasons as you say.

U ever tapped the perspex windows at your seat and thought, 'what if?"

My main annoyance about flying is the mad rush people make getting on and off the plane. YOU HAVE ALLOCATED SEATS! They aren't going to leave without you if you're sat in the waiting area. There's no need to tut because they're letting the elderly and disabled on before you. Guess what, even if you do manage to make it off the plane quicker than everyone else, run to passport control and get through first, you still have to wait for your luggage like everybody else!

• Like 1

My main annoyance about flying is the mad rush people make getting on and off the plane. YOU HAVE ALLOCATED SEATS! They aren't going to leave without you if you're sat in the waiting area. There's no need to tut because they're letting the elderly and disabled on before you. Guess what, even if you do manage to make it off the plane quicker than everyone else, run to passport control and get through first, you still have to wait for your luggage like everybody else!

Yeah I like to play it cool and wait around for a bit too. Only if I've got a ticket with my name on a seat number though. Anytime I'm on easyjet or anything first come first to sit down i'm away like a horse out the stalls. I ain't sitting by no toilet or no fat man that smells like a toilet.