Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Spent the afternoon with my nieces which involved pretty much running around insanely, jumping on the trampoline and playing hide and seek, after a few hours non stop I was worn out, plus my sisters garden is a sun trap it was boiling.

I`v got a niece coming up from London next week, she`ll be staying for around 10 days, I`m looking forward to it but I know its going to kill me.  :sweating:

I`v got a niece coming up from London next week, she`ll be staying for around 10 days, I`m looking forward to it but I know its going to kill me.  :sweating:

it'll be exhausting but loads of fun, I think I'm at my happiest when I'm with my nieces and nephew.

• Like 3

it'll be exhausting but loads of fun, I think I'm at my happiest when I'm with my nieces and nephew.

So true. I love taking the dog out with her over the fields and teaching her about nature, she loves it. When she was up last year we made a little scrapbook together for her to take home... feathers, flowers, insects, fox hair, a beetles wing from an owl pellet, leaves and stuff, brilliant  :)

• Like 3

So true. I love taking the dog out with her over the fields and teaching her about nature, she loves it. When she was up last year we made a little scrapbook together for her to take home... feathers, flowers, insects, fox hair, a beetles wing from an owl pellet, leaves and stuff, brilliant  :)

My nephew and nieces wont sit still for 5 seconds. 

Not when I'm there anyway. lol

Its madness from the moment I get there........great once a week, couldnt do it everyday.

Had a call from our housing officer concerning my neighbour and his visitors. She wants a meeting to see what to do next. She said the same as me. Worried that just keep fixing the door won't stop his visitors. I've heard that they are from another street and don'y want to use their place for their dealings. My neighbour is a little gullible and has had problems with drink, drugs and mental health so easy led. The best solution is for him to move somewhere where a support officer is close by. He is quiet so no complaints with music etc.

The had a magnet lock fitted and this morning workers were fixing it again. Not sure what happened. I wondered if the lock can be short circuited.

Whatever happens the police are aware and they have some good CCTV footage. What's the sentence for B/E and criminal damage? Drug offences might be added too

Who actually pays for people to keep fixing the locks etc?

It's the housing but they have to justify if claiming through insurence. I imagine they are getting fed up. She said it cannot carry on.

It also makes it difficult for me to have insurance.

Edited by Rincewind

Guest MattP

Give you one guess?

:D

It's the housing but they have to justify if claiming through insurence. I imagine they are getting fed up. She said it cannot carry on.

It also makes it difficult for me to have insurance.

I'm sure it can and will go on.

What my neighbour does not realise or cannot comprehend is that his tenancy is at risk. The ones doing do not care, they are what you might refer to as scum. They will not suffer They will be caught though. I'm hoping they are toyboys inside.

Guest MattP

What my neighbour does not realise or cannot comprehend is that his tenancy is at risk. The ones doing do not care, they are what you might refer to as scum. They will not suffer They will be caught though. I'm hoping they are toyboys inside.

If he's that stupid he thinks he's going to survive inviting 5-6 people in who keep vandalising the place he deserves to lose it whether he is sane or not.

From what you have told me scum would be a compliment.

I don't know his history but it would be difficult to give him the help he needs. He is not dangerous to others just to himself. If he was in wardened housing he would just be existing.

There  are many more time would be better spent TBH. It's harsh but I'd help those that can also mmake things happen and want to be helped. In some ways same as you and Moose only I believe there are more willing to help themselves if they could.

Because he is not considered dangerous he cannot be committed unless he asks. Now he is just a care in the community case' where there is little help at times.

Edited by Rincewind

Guest MattP

Surely its the people that commit criminal damage that need to **** off not the neighbour.

They need turning down at the door but what can you do if he lets them in the building?

You are responsible for the conduct of your guests if you invite or allow them into a place.

My nephew and nieces wont sit still for 5 seconds. 

Not when I'm there anyway. lol

Its madness from the moment I get there........great once a week, couldnt do it everyday.

Its a small price to pay for making you feel young and childish again.

They take 30 years off you, I swear  :thumbup:

Edited by I am Rod Hull

Guest MattP

Well I've been trying to arrange a date with anyone who wants one for about 2 weeks and still nothing. I might be very close to one though.

I think I may have spotted the problem.

They know they're gonna end up paying the bill.

Half each ;)

That sounds more like prostitution than a date to be honest

That's probably the only way I can get some at the moment

Guest MattP

Half each ;)

That's probably the only way I can get some at the moment

Is that what you lot do these days?

I'd never dream of letting a girl get a penny out her purse on a date.

Just remember when you use the toilet as well. Long enough so she knows you have washed your hands but nowhere near long enough for her to even contemplate you have taken a dump.

Edited by MattP