Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

A bit peeved off really...

20th July - I receive an email from 'a company' saying they've suspended my membership

25th July - I contact the company by email to ask if, despite my membership being suspended, will my direct debit still go out on the 1st of August.

25th July to 1st August - Unable to login to my account online to check and receive no reply to my email.

1st August - The knobs take the direct debit out of my account despite me being suspended and my membership being completely useless!

Today I rang them up to which they have said that what they have done is perfectly legal and that I had to go in and personally see the manager... to which I responded with the fact that all the initial email said was to 'contact' the manager to which I did by email and received no response... 

I've now cancelled my direct debit and will be taking this a lot further. 

Did they catch you weeing in the showers?

Couldn't go the bank yesterday because the end of our road was cordoned off by the police. Found out before there's been a murder, dead body was just resting against a fence at the top of the road. Madness.

ello ello, now another road a few down from us has been cut off for a "non related but serious" incident, apparently a stabbing. It's like Midsomer round 'ere, tellin' ya. 

Had a bit of a stinker today in training, but it does make it better when your team mates say your s h i t, yet i didn't think they had a good day either, you might just think i'm moaning, but the lack of support coming from the coaching staff is disgraceful. To be honest a few of us are having a bit of a slow start but we're not getting any encouragement whatsoever, instead there giving all the praise and the encouragement to the ones who don't need it. I've noticed actually quite a few have withdrew recently, is this why?! 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Had a bit of a stinker today in training, but it does make it better when your team mates say your s h i t, yet i didn't think they had a good day either, you might just think i'm moaning, but the lack of support coming from the coaching staff is disgraceful. To be honest a few of us are having a bit of a slow start but we're not getting any encouragement whatsoever, instead there giving all the praise and the encouragement to the ones who don't need it. I've noticed actually quite a few have withdrew recently, is this why?!

You won't get the piss taken out of you from me for that. It's when you gave up an hour and a half into your course that was disgraceful!

Lads always say that and whilst that doesn't make it ok or help you play better you'll find only the gobbiest lads progess.

If they misplace a pass next time, give them a bit of verbal so they know you're not a walkover. Or next time they mouth off say something like, 'sorry Pele'

That should keep them quiet for a bit

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

ello ello, now another road a few down from us has been cut off for a "non related but serious" incident, apparently a stabbing. It's like Midsomer round 'ere, tellin' ya.

Anything happened today Taggart?

You won't get the piss taken out of you from me for that. It's when you gave up an hour and a half into your course that was disgraceful!

Lads always say that and whilst that doesn't make it ok or help you play better you'll find only the gobbiest lads progess.

If they misplace a pass next time, give them a bit of verbal so they know you're not a walkover. Or next time they mouth off say something like, 'sorry Pele'

That should keep them quiet for a bit

The bit that's really pissing me off is the coaching staff, one of them is younger than me! but there no showing any support. 

Also one poor lad there i think is getting a little bullied, i can tell the lad he's uncomfortable about. I even told him to have word with one the coaches about, but according to him he already as... "they didn't seem interested" his words were. 

Decided to splash the cash this week and spend a fiver on a fillet steak.

Just done it now and it was far too raw for my liking (it was practically still mooing) and the flat looks like Iike ive had some sort of small fire.

Anybody know how to make a decent (medium) steak without a smoke maching coming with it too?

The bit that's really pissing me off is the coaching staff, one of them is younger than me! but there no showing any support. 

Also one poor lad there i think is getting a little bullied, i can tell the lad he's uncomfortable about. I even told him to have word with one the coaches about, but according to him he already as... "they didn't seem interested" his words were. 

It's 'survival of the fittest' though in a way. You have to show you don't need support/encouragement I suppose.

It's 'survival of the fittest' though in a way. You have to show you don't need support/encouragement I suppose.

Yeah i suppose but at the moment i feel alone if you get what i mean. I mean there's nobody there i know really, none of my mates go though which a shame maybe with them being there we could support each other.

Yeah i suppose but at the moment i feel alone if you get what i mean. I mean there's nobody there i know really, none of my mates go though which a shame maybe with them being there we could support each other.

If you ever were lucky enough to make it as a footballer though you'd be doing the same as you are now. Mixing it with people you've not met before and in some cases don't even like. Unless your names Conrad Logan you'd be off to another club in a couple of years pr so then doing exactly the same, starting from scratch. It's no different to what you're doing now.

You can even say the same in any line of work. I didn't join my firm now because my mates did. But I've made some good friends since being there! As I got older I learnt you'll always have your core mates who I've known for 17 plus years, but we very rarely hang out together or even see each other that often. It's just a part of growing up

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

You're one of my favourite posters on here. But my god you need to find a pair of bollocks because you sound like a pussy. Football is a mans game, banter, ego, one-upmanship and piss taking are all part of it.

Dish some abuse out yourself, MAKE some new mates ffs - give yourself half a chance.

You're one of my favourite posters on here. But my god you need to find a pair of bollocks because you sound like a pussy. Football is a mans game, banter, ego, one-upmanship and piss taking are all part of it.

Dish some abuse out yourself, MAKE some new mates ffs - give yourself half a chance.

Basically what he said. I'm just attempting the softly softly approach!

I've been busy as fook today. The summer holidays are really starting to take their toll on us now! And I've got 4 toilet blocks to second fix by Saturday evening. 6am start tomorrow and Saturday for me then!

If you ever were lucky enough to make it as a footballer though you'd be doing the same as you are now. Mixing it with people you've not met before and in some cases don't even like. Unless your names Conrad Logan you'd be off to another club in a couple of years pr so then doing exactly the same, starting from scratch. It's no different to what you're doing now.

You can even say the same in any line of work. I didn't join my firm now because my mates did. But I've made some good friends since being there! As I got older I learnt you'll always have your core mates who I've known for 17 plus years, but we very rarely hang out together or even see each other that often. It's just a part of growing up

Yeah understand that, i just feel i need that support. Even if it's someone on the side line just shouting "come on, you can do it" or if i made a cock up "bad luck, keep on going" 

Yeah understand that, i just feel i need that support. Even if it's someone on the side line just shouting "come on, you can do it" or if i made a cock up "bad luck, keep on going"

Depends what kind of person you are.

Playing football especially I respond better to criticism. When I was playing under 18's my manager would hammer me at halftime as he knew I that's what would fire me up.

All part of growing up I'm afraid, you won't have people standing next to you all the time saying "well done" or "keep going"