Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I thought next weeks traing program next Tuesday at Radio Leicester was on Media Law. Must be somewhere else.

Heres the full list for the up coming weeks. Anyone is welcome to come along.

http://citizenseye.org/cm-training-school/

Off to the radio station soon. Ikve heard that there have been negotiations to move to somewhere more central. All I can say ATM is it may be near Morrisons. There could be a building available for our use in that area.

Apart from another successful radio show I knackered my Kindle and smaller laptop. When I got off the bus I had a can of energy drink which I put at the top of my bag. When I got to the station I found that some of the contents of the can had spilled out de-enrtgising both things. Was hoping they might work after drying out. No luck yet.

One of the weirder days in my world. Discovered dating sites a few years back, post divorce. Had a date tonight. Been there 20 minutes when my last partner, (of the dating site variety, not the ex-wife variety), decided to drop in and join us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently, didn't take rejection well so went through my phone and spoke to the lass from tonight, (yes I know - there shouldn't have been an overlap),  before I got there as a set-up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was right up there with minor operations as an event to remember.

Still no luck with my laptop or Kindle. I thought they may work if dried out. Can they be saved? would the hard drives be beyond help?

More money to pay out. My PC needs doing no backdated P Credit. What next?

Thought my laptop had resurrected itself earlier. Turned itself on, I logged on the desktop loaded then it died again.

I'm gonna rename it Jesus'

Edited by Rincewind

Had a right game this morning. Received a letter this morning from the DWP that they have noticed I had a PPP I didn't know about it or that it would affect it. Found out it was one I had a few years back which I stopped payments on reason being it was a smallish amount and what I needed to pay was too much for me. Anyway The DWP wants details of I receive from it.

So I phoned the insurance people up and they found my details and started to go on about unity and equity and reinvesting and I could invest it elsewhere I said they sound great but my only income is from a 5 hour job. So they are sending figures for a lump sum 25% plus rest in pension and increasing and level pension. Well what ever I do my income will be the same because my Pension Credit is means tested and I can only get a set amount.

Then recalled DWP because I was worried about the timescale. They want info by 21 Sept. But they said I was going to receive a payment on Tuesday which will include the missed weeks from July and when I send the details of the PP income it will be reassessed.

Now the thing is do I take it all (10k plus less tax) or 25%  and get some every month. An holiday would be nice if I would not be tempted to blow the lot.

The lump sum would be nice but at some point it will go below the max amount I can have in savings and it won't last forever. Taking the smaller amount I may be able to get state pension on top when 65 but it will only be a small amount.

So bad and good news really. Being paid means I can spend more time looking at the options.

If

Edited by Rincewind