Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

***just wondering if there is anything my friend can do***

Basically he stays at CODE, The student accomodation in Leicester(the horrible green buildings).

They said last year he could keep his belongings there over the summer for free (as he is staying there for next semester and he lives abroad)

Turns out that woman he spoke too lied, they want him to pay for the summer which is in excess of £1k+. Is there anything he can do?

Offered to let him stay round mine as he doesn't even want to lvie there for the uni year now.

To anyone at DMU/Leicester, avoid CODE. Not just for this reason either.

Edited by lavrentis

Apart from another successful radio show I knackered my Kindle and smaller laptop. When I got off the bus I had a can of energy drink which I put at the top of my bag. When I got to the station I found that some of the contents of the can had spilled out de-enrtgising both things. Was hoping they might work after drying out. No luck yet.

So a can of energising drink de energised you're laptop and kindle ?

How misleading can these bastrads be ? sue the arses off them ken !!!

Guest MattP

didn't do anything different. Was OK when I posted.

You've managed to do something I've never seen before Ken, you could fcuk up a cup of coffee. lol

The whole post has a huge white gap on the left and has shifted a couple of inches to the right.

You've managed to do something I've never seen before Ken, you could fcuk up a cup of coffee. lol

The whole post has a huge white gap on the left and has shifted a couple of inches to the right.

lol

Just seen this on Facebook. Do you still thimk I should abandon my principles?

Good news - bad news day
The bad news was I get a letter from the Council today saying they are proposing to cut my benefit by £99.62 a week. That's on full ESA, DLS and Housing Benefit. This would mean to me that I wouldn't be able to afford the disability car I have at the moment and I'd still be £189.24 short a month. My daughter would be expected to spend more of her life looking after me for nothing because I wouldn't be able to get out and the Council won't pay anymore. It's hard enough for her with the help she gets from me financially to cope with her daughter on her own and the Council are also recommending to cut respite care (so she'll get no breaks).
The good news is that my urinary track infection that I got two weeks ago has come back and I've signed a living will stating that I wish to die naturally without medical intervention. The other piece of good news is that I have life insurance. Two weeks ago I wasn't sure whether to take the antibiotic's the doctor gave me. Now I know I won't be going back for more.
This will give me a life expectancy of between 2 weeks to 6 months then my daughter will be better off financially without me and won't have to waste her life looking after me.
Message to David Cameron - you will never win because we will always find a way to survive. My daughter will carry on my fight for me - so sod off and up yours.

Edited by Rincewind

Guest MattP

Just seen this on Facebook. Do you still thimk I should abandon my principles?

Message to David Cameron - you will never win because we will always find a way to survive. My daughter will carry on my fight for me - so sod off and up yours.

Fantastic, I wish everyone dependant on other people to fund their lives had the same willpower and fight.

Edited by MattP

Had a right game this morning. Received a letter this morning from the DWP that they have noticed I had a PPP I didn't know about it or that it would affect it. Found out it was one I had a few years back which I stopped payments on reason being it was a smallish amount and what I needed to pay was too much for me. Anyway The DWP wants details of I receive from it.

So I phoned the insurance people up and they found my details and started to go on about unity and equity and reinvesting and I could invest it elsewhere I said they sound great but my only income is from a 5 hour job. So they are sending figures for a lump sum 25% plus rest in pension and increasing and level pension. Well what ever I do my income will be the same because my Pension Credit is means tested and I can only get a set amount.

Then recalled DWP because I was worried about the timescale. They want info by 21 Sept. But they said I was going to receive a payment on Tuesday which will include the missed weeks from July and when I send the details of the PP income it will be reassessed.

Now the thing is do I take it all (10k plus less tax) or 25% and get some every month. An holiday would be nice if I would not be tempted to blow the lot.

The lump sum would be nice but at some point it will go below the max amount I can have in savings and it won't last forever. Taking the smaller amount I may be able to get state pension on top when 65 but it will only be a small amount.

So bad and good news really. Being paid means I can spend more time looking at the options.

If

Magical post. Love the way the indent shifts with each paragraph as well. Very artistic.

As for the pension. I'd deffo take any lump sum you can. Annuity rates (what you will get each year) from such a small sum will be almost worthless.

Fantastic, I wish everyone dependent on other people to fund their lives had the same willpower and fight.

She will only be dependent on her daughter because now she can no longer afford to run a car.

This would mean to me that I wouldn't be able to afford the disability car I have at the moment and I'd still be £189.24 short a month. My daughter would be expected to spend more of her life looking after me for nothing

She also helps her daughter out financially.

It's hard enough for her with the help she gets from me financially to cope with her daughter on her own and the Council are also recommending to cut respite care (so she'll get no breaks).

Edited by Rincewind

***just wondering if there is anything my friend can do***

Basically he stays at CODE, The student accomodation in Leicester(the horrible green buildings).

They said last year he could keep his belongings there over the summer for free (as he is staying there for next semester and he lives abroad)

Turns out that woman he spoke too lied, they want him to pay for the summer which is in excess of £1k+. Is there anything he can do?

Offered to let him stay round mine as he doesn't even want to lvie there for the uni year now.

To anyone at DMU/Leicester, avoid CODE. Not just for this reason either.

When I was at uni they ran a free service where they would give you advice regarding disputes with landlords, I'd assume Leicester or DMU would have something similar.  

Essentially though, he should retrieve his stuff asap and not pay anything until he's seen someone that knows what they are talking about.

Guest MattP

We are talking about a severely disabled person here with a life threatening illness who cannot leave the house without help. You are able to get around on legs

I can't after 11pm.

One of the weirder days in my world. Discovered dating sites a few years back, post divorce. Had a date tonight. Been there 20 minutes when my last partner, (of the dating site variety, not the ex-wife variety), decided to drop in and join us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently, didn't take rejection well so went through my phone and spoke to the lass from tonight, (yes I know - there shouldn't have been an overlap), before I got there as a set-up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was right up there with minor operations as an event to remember.

Sounds like a winner of an evening that Trent :D

I'd like to see you say that when you're drunk :)

Don't forget its Leicester Day Sunday. Lots going on. SkyRide, Town Hall dancing, Old Leicester fest Leicester market with music and peformances food and charity and information about Leicester stands.

Just an idea of whats on.

http://citizenseye.org/2013/07/27/our-leicester-day/

Those that will be on the market. I thought DNO had been refused because the council had not replied to the application but the name js on the list.

http://www.leicesterday.org.uk/index.php/whos-coming

Edited by Rincewind

Was walking home from the game, and this tramp just started talking to me and my mate.

He started banging on about the Rugby Challenge Cup, and if Hull drop the ball you have to boo. He also said he used to be an international Rugby Union player for Wales.

Then he started going on about, how he is out on day release, and that he has been allowed out to walk round and talk to the public, before getting re arrested later tonight. 

Then he finished with, I was joking guys, I'm off to the post office to collect my pension money.

Had to hold back, so I could burst out laughing.

The guy had epic banter skills.

Was walking home from the game, and this tramp just started talking to me and my mate.

He started banging on about the Rugby Challenge Cup, and if Hull drop the ball you have to boo. He also said he used to be an international Rugby Union player for Wales.

Then he started going on about, how he is out on day release, and that he has been allowed out to walk round and talk to the public, before getting re arrested later tonight. 

Then he finished with, I was joking guys, I'm off to the post office to collect my pension money.

Had to hold back, so I could burst out laughing.

The guy had epic banter skills.

Well at least he gave you something to aspire to. :D