Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I'll try and find some time and come on one week then, put a different point of view across.

You are welcome but I suggest listening in so you are better prepared when facts and figures you are unaware of are put to you.

Sometimes I hear things that even shock me. These are first hand accounts and experiences from the people involved.

Finally got my package after chasing Parcel Force on the phone, apparently the driver left it at a neighbours house but then forgot to put a note in my door saying where he had left it.

The guy that sold me the item was really nice though, Toshi, probably the best Ebay seller ever.

Not only did he put in a nice greeting letter but a mini figure, Anime notepad and a Japanese magazine along with the item I bought.

Rang my eldest sis too but she was not in, working again, hoping to see her next week.

Another fall out with the missis last night, this time though I'm completely innocent!

Her sisters boyfriends mother was getting married yesterday to a bloke with a fair bit of money. They'd hired out the whole venue for the weekend. We (me n the missis) were only there to babysit the missis' nephews. The bride was paying us £100, plus a free room and drinks. (brilliant eh?) We'd actually bought some plates and I was going to nip off to the local chinky later on and get ourselves some food til on arrival her sister told us the bride had also booked us in on the buffet meal for nothing.

Now I get on with her sisters boyfriend very well so was hoping that maybe after the kids dropped off he'd ask me to join him at the free bar, so I've taken some suitable wedding reception clothes. On hearing this the missis went absolutely beserk at me. Fkin **** this fkin **** that, admittedly I was just giggling at herwhich made her more angry. (in fairness unbeknownst to me it was really a wedding reception where people would be up drinking til dawn. Far more civilised than that!) So about 930pm arrives and we're starving, her sister has brought us in a couple of plates of food (just after she's ranted at me for bringing a change of clothes) Well the missis despises everything on the plate doesn't she. We're still babysitting so she doesn't hold back in telling me that the food's '****ing shit, **** off and get me a Chinese' I just carried on laughing at her as her rant beforehand where her language was easily as bad got me wound up too.

I told her to eat the spicy potato things- the one thing she did like on the plate but she refused so I ate all of her food too. She is livid now and close to tears as she's not eaten since 10am. I was still being called all the names under the sun until she walked out the room (kids are by now fast asleep etc as you'd rightly expect with language like she was coming out with) Two minutes later I get a text on my phone saying, 'open the door you **** I need a wee' She'd locked herself out the hotel room in a strop lol lol

She eventually got back on the bed and proceeded to call me everything you could think of (chinky was shut at this time anyway) so she was going hungry. She told me to fcuk off home and she'd get a taxi to work this morning with the £100 she'd earnt. I resisted for a bit but then eventually couldn't bare the arguments anymore so drove home.

Once home I was a **** and **** again for leaving her etc, she's hungry, it could've been a romantic free night in a hotel etc etc

I ended up leaving home at 630am this morning to drive the 10miles to the wedding venue, to then drive her to work another 8 miles away then to drive home and back to bed another 5 miles away!

I should clarify writing this that despite how she sounds, my missis IS over the age of 16. Not looking for sympathy or a slagging off session about my missis, I just thought it may raise a smile on a Sunday morning and I'm sure I'm not the only bloke to think that episodes like this are just the epitome of womens behaviour!

• Like 3

Great two days in London. Enjoyed my first trip to Charlton; although we did lose, it didn't spoilt my day so much. Managed to get on one of the new Routemaster's as well, and as a massive bus fan, that was an added bonus.

Got back from Leeds on Monday absolutely fúcked to death. Worked every day (most of them full days, 7-6, 8-6 or 9-5 etc) since then and now have 2 days off where I don't plan on moving an inch. Need to recover. 

Anyone got a PPL or flies regularly at Leicester aerodrome? I am thinking of booking some flying lessons there

Not anymore but I used too have lessons - has too stop because I lost my job at the time and it became expensive.

It's very enjoyable though and when I did it there was a fairly active social group who I met through the Ground School.

Enjoy it I plan to complete my PPL when I'm older and get the aerobatic rating afterwards

Not anymore but I used too have lessons - has too stop because I lost my job at the time and it became expensive.

It's very enjoyable though and when I did it there was a fairly active social group who I met through the Ground School.

Enjoy it I plan to complete my PPL when I'm older and get the aerobatic rating afterwards

Yeah I'm looking onthe website and the first trial lesson will be around £100.  It is expensive but hopefully I'll have this job by then.

I've been up in a 172 before but the hours didn't count. It's obviously a long and expensive process but you'd recommend it then ?

It really is a personal thing to be honest. I had dreams of becoming an airline pilot when I was doing it at 19 (I'm 25 now) but a few thing put me off of that career. One of which was that I found cross country flights to be boring just flying from point to point.

Occasionally, at the end of lessons we would do some "aeros" which I loved so that's what I want to do later on in life.

I've never tried it but if your just after the freedom of flight then I've heard that hangliding or paragliding is also very good and a damn sight cheaper too!

A PPL will se you back around £6500.

My brother has but he is rich Think he passed. Anything he does he prepares well for to make it easier for himself when he does it.

When I see anything like this I am reminded of a friend who went for assessment at the job centre and was asked what job he'd like to do and answered airline pilot. Never got the job. He is blind.

Based a short story on it.

Edited by Rincewind

You are welcome but I suggest listening in so you are better prepared when facts and figures you are unaware of are put to you.

Sometimes I hear things that even shock me. These are first hand accounts and experiences from the people involved.

I'll be bringing some facts of my own as well.

Went into town today, the place gets worse everytime I do.

Feral.