Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Apply for a Maintenance Technician apprenticeship at LCC. Ridiculous money. You'll piss the plumbing side of it and come out a qualified chippy, sparky, gas engineer et all.

It's five years but there's a guaranteed job at the other end on insane wages and by the second or third year you'll be earning more than the "normal" tradesmen that'll be teaching you, jokes.

Certainly worth knowing thanks. May look into that. I'm already allegedly just below Part P standard with electrics. What are the wages like an an apprentice?

My gaffer is putting my wage up once the coursr has finished. Something we agreed last yesr. Shouldve finished in july but thanks to City and Guilds it could be december. They know I'm struggling financially and getting my gas wont really alter my job as there tends to be two or three lads who do the gas work all the time. Indeed this year ice done more gas work this year than some of the lads who have their gas.

When my wage goes upto full whack I'll be laughing but theres nothing to stop them giving me a pound or two an hour extra in the mean time which would make a huge difference to my life. Its not even so i can go on the piss more often, moreso that i can live as i do now without getting overdrawn sometimes. To say nothing of geting the missis through her driving lessons enabling her to have more job opportunities to get off her minimum wage job. Or even start diing the house up.

It doesn't help though that i have q ST at city. They're all leicester fans though so should know its an addictive habit. Plus you have to be able to live.

What topped it off today was the builder taking all the scrap. Going to Caerphilly tomorrow which could've meant not paying fuel etc out my bank.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Apply for a Maintenance Technician apprenticeship at LCC. Ridiculous money. You'll piss the plumbing side of it and come out a qualified chippy, sparky, gas engineer et all.

It's five years but there's a guaranteed job at the other end on insane wages and by the second or third year you'll be earning more than the "normal" tradesmen that'll be teaching you, jokes.

How much are "insane wages"? Might pass on that recco to this guy I know.

Matt i don't really think raDNO will be your thing. You must have enough on your plate without listening to something you obviously are against

No offence intended

You don't know if you try do you Ken?

I'm not against Desert Island Discs either.

How much are "insane wages"? Might pass on that recco to this guy I know.

Beat me to it. I wanted to know as well.

Has anyone on here ever worked in a bookies? Or know anyone who has? Is it as boss as it looks from the outside? 

Sitting behind a desk, talking about bets, handling money, watching hundreds of different sports on loads of split screens etc? 

Has anyone on here ever worked in a bookies? Or know anyone who has? Is it as boss as it looks from the outside? 

Sitting behind a desk, talking about bets, handling money, watching hundreds of different sports on loads of split screens etc? 

Never done in shop but have worked on the course.

Eveyone I talk to says the same thing, if you get a nice shop out in a village you will absolutely love it, regular customers, characters. pleasant people, not too busy so time to watch and place bets etc.

Town centre - avoid like the plague, full of scum, ignorant bastards, abusive, so busy no time to do anything, spend half the day arguing with scrotes who don't know what they are doing or throwing 15 years old off the machines as they have no ID.

One of my friends works at a bookies, and I'm pretty sure that he doesn't like it. He is big into his sports and betting, but it's the hours and the fact that there isn't any self satisfaction from working in a bookies that makes him dislike it.

Never done in shop but have worked on the course.

Eveyone I talk to says the same thing, if you get a nice shop out in a village you will absolutely love it, regular customers, characters. pleasant people, not too busy so time to watch and place bets etc.

Town centre - avoid like the plague, full of scum, ignorant bastards, abusive, so busy no time to do anything, spend half the day arguing with scrotes who don't know what they are doing or throwing 15 years old off the machines as they have no ID.

Yeah it's for the Willy Hill in the village next to ours. Decent sized shop but not overly busy.

One of my friends works at a bookies, and I'm pretty sure that he doesn't like it. He is big into his sports and betting, but it's the hours and the fact that there isn't any self satisfaction from working in a bookies that makes him dislike it.

Hmm, interesting. There's not much self satisfaction working part time in most shit part time retail type jobs though really. It's only a 16 hour contract and I don't mind working late or early a few times a week. 

Might as well take the opportunity for the phone interview and see how that goes I guess. 

http://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-council-services/housing/about-us/apprenticeships/

You start on 11k, so obviously nothing amazing, but it's 17k after 18 odd months. So you're an apprentice with more than three years still to go and you're making the same as a lot of office staff.

At your peak you'll be on 25k whilst still an apprentice and 28k by the time you're done. I'd consider that pretty insane, especially when it eclipses what most council tradesmen are paid.

They only recruit about 15 per year though and there's some pretty harsh tests to get through. Immense if you can get it though.

I got two hours sleep last night because an effing squirrel was scratching around in my soffit. Aaaaagh!

I'm going to launch a counter-offensive attack when I get home, to try and deter the little cretin from coming back.

blimey that must have been painful, did it draw blood ?

http://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-council-services/housing/about-us/apprenticeships/

You start on 11k, so obviously nothing amazing, but it's 17k after 18 odd months. So you're an apprentice with more than three years still to go and you're making the same as a lot of office staff.

At your peak you'll be on 25k whilst still an apprentice and 28k by the time you're done. I'd consider that pretty insane, especially when it eclipses what most council tradesmen are paid.

They only recruit about 15 per year though and there's some pretty harsh tests to get through. Immense if you can get it though.

In fairness our basic wage when on full money is 28k anyway. I'll be living like a king when I get on that

Had the pleasure of being a guest on Radio 4's Moneybox program yesterday! Which was awesome! Back to work today and having the same conversation with so many different people! It wasn't that big of a deal and i don't like talking to most people i work with at the best of times! Ready for home!