Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Been on the phone today to the pension advisory service and DWP. I must say i did not wait long on the phone and they were helpful on the other end. I must be lucky.

Got some comparisons for providers if I want to switch but still none the wiser. Called up about a face to face meeting with with the pension service although they cant tell me what to do only explain and show the options.

Also called the housing officer up. It's getting too much now with the beighbour. The magnetic lock we had to the entrance door was nicke a couple of weeks ago and according to a letter sent to 'the residents' it would cost £950 to replace. They have to be ordered. It was the box on the outside wall that was removed so the door shut but cannot be opened from the outside but the emergency open panel is broken so the door wont shut.

HO said the new tenant downstairs has moved in and steps are being taken to resolve the situation with my neighbour.

He is not a nuisance in the noise sense but it's that he has friends who sit outside his door smoking under the smoke alarm. And it's not always fags.Then when they leave at gone 2am they leave the door wide open to disguise the fumes I guess. Would not be ideal when we start getting wind, rain, thunderstorms and snow over the winter plus heating bills will rocket.

Edited by Rincewind

Has she been diagnosed with anything in particular? I've got a couple of friends with psychological health issues and they've both had difficult times getting them diagnosed and treated properly. You've just got to stay with it and hopefully they'll find something soon that can treat it full time. Does she talk to a psychiatrist/doctor/psychologist regularly? I know one of my friends said some of the untrained people she spoke to didn't really understand a lot of things she went through. Support groups helped a lot as well, just having someone to chat to who's going through the same thing, whether she needs that or you do or both of you.

Nobody's having a good day then. That's awful, hope you're coping okay :(

Thank you and all the other well wishers. We're coping, just. She has been in hospital . Psych's are pretty useless at this stage to be honest.

Crap. Been feeling a bit groggy today after sitting outside in the rain Saturday night. The missis is off work ill too though that's down to a dodgy Chinese as much as anything else.

Pulled into a bus stop to nip into the shop to stock up on fresh orange and neurofen (I'd driven around the car park twice looking for a space) I was in there 2 mins and there's a traffic warden writing me out a ticket. Karma most of the do gooders on here shall say. Well I jumped in my van to drive off and he managed to put the ticket behind one of my wipers as I was reversing. (should've put my wipers on spastic mode in hindsight)

He's not put it in the yellow sticky back envelope thing though, wonder what the chances are of appealing?

Mainly yes. Though there's a combination of a number of seperate, but combined issues to be honest. But being out of work compounds the feelings of despair and low self-esteem.

No I know that. PMA is what it's all about. I was lucky enough to somehow keep my chin up and sense of humour in tact when unemployed.

Nothing should ever be such big an issue in life as long as people have their health.

Surely you've watched enough Sopranos to know how to deal with those sort of people...

It is tempting sometimes.

Did you have two seasons at Portsmouth FC?

lol

Daughter O/D'd and cut her wrists.

The joy of living on benefits. :(

Thank you and all the other well wishers. We're coping, just. She has been in hospital . Psych's are pretty useless at this stage to be honest.

I didn't read this at first, really horrible to hear. Wishing you all the best.

YOTF can't you lose the ticket and say you never received it?

Had a call off a pension advice bloke. Got a meeting Wednesday. Some place opposite McDonalds on Millstone Lane.

As I was driving off the bloke took a photo of the van. I'll see. I'm not paying it either way. Just gives me an excuse to restart my war of hatred with them.

I didn't read this at first, really horrible to hear. Wishing you all the best.

Thank you.

And Webbo, thanks

I wasn't going to post as I didn't want to seem to be fishing for sympathy. But I felt I had to let it out somehow.

Thank you.

And Webbo, thanks

I wasn't going to post as I didn't want to seem to be fishing for sympathy. But I felt I had to let it out somehow.

Let it out all you want Para,

And I hope you and your daughter are ok

Shit weekend, hence why I ain't been on here. Mum not well again after a good three weeks, been really hard but tonight is much calmer after a horrible afternoon. 

Tomorrow though, I'm going to sort my work out, and hopefully I'll be starting within the next couple of weeks. 

So people like Steve_Walsh who has told me to get a job, can now get off my back ;) haha.

Daughter O/D'd and cut her wrists.

The joy of living on benefits. :(

Sorry to hear fellas.Hope they get the help and support needed and things become easier for them and you.

I am in agony here. Ive not had a wink of sleep since going to bed at 930. My legs are killing aching wise and im chilled to the core. I feel like absolute shit.

Neurofen express are doing nothing at all. I seem to have spent the hours since going to bed semi conciously yet out loud going, 'urrrrgggghhhh' 'ah ya bastard' or '****ing hell helllpppp'

lol

Edited by The Year Of The Fox