Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

No. I worked about 25 hours, was sposed to be on £5.85 an hour but got paid £16, I got taxed more than I was paid!

sounds like you were paid £16 quid more than you should of got.

Seriously,is there a reason you can't work eg education,illness,lack of jobs( honestly)What sort of thing are you looking for?

Lamby is just on the wind up I think. It's humourous but he should be banned.

Got in from work half hour ago. Typical I've been so busy today after last night.

I'm not sure he is, difficult to maintain this act on at least three forums for as long as he has. 

He's pretty much a professional leech.

I'm not sure he is, difficult to maintain this act on at least three forums for as long as he has.

He's pretty much a professional leech.

The reason I thought he was on the wind up was because he seems to have no shame. He seems proud of the fact that he doesn't work.

I got made redundant in 2008 and was jobless for 6 weeks. Thankfully I lived with my parents and had a bit saved so I didn't need to go on JSA but in them 6 weeks it was a bloody horrible experience, having to spend very carefully, not going out and doing stuff with friends and most of all boredom.

The fact that he seems quite happy and content not working was what made me think he must be on the wind up and in fact he was taking the pi55 out of us for all believing him.

Just going back on missed posts not got to the last page and had to respond to Lamby.

If it was only two weeks at least one would be a week in hand. the tax could have been emergency. They did not have to give an advance. It was a bad time for it to happen but all would have been sorted out eventually. Don't forget the next paypacket would be £50 short and if it was a larger amount it would be worse.

If you had not worked Lamby you would managed or your parents would have helped out until it was sorted.

In my last security job my pay cheque was over a week late 2 or 3 months on the trot then when they went bust I had nothing till I signed on a month later.

Life is shit sometimes. You just have to keep calm and carry on.

The fact that he seems quite happy and content not working was what made me think he must be on the wind up and in fact he was taking the pi55 out of us for all believing him.

Glad he's taken the pi55 as it's unlikely he'll ever get a p45 as you have to STOP working before you can get one of those.

If Lamby quit his job his JSA would have stopped for a couple of months at least. I;ve heard from a good source that some people have been sanctioned for not applying for jobs they were not told to apply for or even knew was available.

Edited by Rincewind

If Lamby quit his job his JSA would have stopped for a couple of months at least. I;ve heard from a good source that some people have been sanctioned for not applying for jobs they were not told to apply for or even knew was available.

Bit rich to complain about this considering they are effectively being paid to seek jobs!

You do know what JSA stands for, yes?

Bit rich to complain about this considering they are effectively being paid to seek jobs!

You do know what JSA stands for, yes?

No what I'm saying they were told they should have applied for a job and told which one after they were sanctioned. So the staff were not doing their job because sometimes they suggest which job to go for and on these occasions they never suggested one but the jobseekers were sanctioned for not applying for a job that did not exist.

Is that a little clearer?

I've edited my post to highlight the part you missed. It makes a difference to the meaning.

Edited by Rincewind

No what I'm saying they were told they should have applied for a job and told which one after they were sanctioned. So the staff were not doing their job because sometimes they suggest which job to go for and on these occasions they never suggested one but the jobseekers were sanctioned for not applying for a job that did not exist.

Is that a little clearer?

Is it really beyond people these days to apply for six jobs and write them down without someone having to guide them through it?