Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I'm trying to do something about it, but I'm still not getting anywhere. I just give up now. Nothing good will ever happen to me, I'm trapped in my own mind and it's making me crazy.

All you appear to do is post on here. It will feel lonely sat in front of a pc.

If you spent the amount of time you do on here job hunting youd have found a job long ago.

All you appear to do is post on here. It will feel lonely sat in front of a pc.

If you spent the amount of time you do on here job hunting youd have found a job long ago.

Yep, if you're feeling shit then the worst thing you can do is read forums or facebook or comments sections of newspapers. Turn the PC off and go for a run.

I want to change my sig picture to this as a return favour for Matt quoting me. but it isI don't kmow.  too big. Thought yo would like it Matt. Downloaded from my phone from a picture out of a booklet. Whether it can be found via Google Have an alternative but that'll be the same size

526848_10151571138247003_787957903_n.jpg

Did you just admit to not applying for that job?

I'd not have bothered. They bought absolutely everything I said without even checking, not saying I lied regularly on it but they are so easy to con it's unreal. I know this is stupid - but one week I actually completely made a job up, made the company up and everything, just to see if they bought it, and they did lol I have no idea how anyone manages to get penalised by them.

The JobCentre were utterly useless anyway. I was on the Work Programme and I thought my advisor there was a load of crap too if I'm honest. The job I'm in now came through my uncle finding it and simply applying and getting it. One bit of info he found out did more for my career than ages woth of JobCentre 'advice'.

Given my history, I'm in no position to mock the unemployed because I was unemployed myself for ages, but there need to be far bigger steps brought in to combat the parasites because mark my words, it's easy as fvck to get away with.

Yeah. Don't even ask me why! I'd done it previously, and just said 'yeah I applied' when I hadn't, but this day I admitted to it. 

I agree the whole system is useless. Like I said in my earlier post, I ended up applying for a job that had no involvement with JobCentre. Applied directly, had the interview and got it. Lovely.

It is very easy to get away with it, especially if you want to. 

It's right wht one or two said. It is easy to get away with what you put down on your JSA. Bearing to my time for Pension Credit I was a bit disillusioned and could not wait to get off JSA. I made a couple of repeat applications, made mistakes with the ref number but I filled the card up and my hand writing is not great so they saw I had filled it and gave me a new one. I was doing a part time job though and they knew I would sign off in July.

In a way they seem to encourage dishonesty. There are so many jobs where employers don't respond understandably sometimes to applications. The JSA staff must have hundreds of similar forms to look at a day. They do not have time to scrutinise every one but anyone new they will target because they have to be seen to be ticking off boxes.

It does get to you after a while. The longer it goes on the harder it gets. I'm not sure about Lamby. He says he has a P45 but I thought you only got one if in work and at the beginning of the financial year in April.

Owning up is what done me. They asked how I got on and I said I never thought it was right for me then she turned into a seargent major.

So its best to lie. Not because its right but because the system is crap and being honest does not work in your favour even if you are determined to find work.

Edited by Rincewind

**** knows, you try and do someone a good turn..

It's better than most of the mindless shit posted on here daily.

My guess is lamby was running out of excuses in the thread so reporyed it to a mod..

People were genuinely being helpful and like you said better than most of the rubbish that gets posted daily.

Also yes it was a thread aimed at Lamby, but who's to say other members off this forum may have seen some of the links and was helpful for them.