Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

May have sorted my annuity out. been looking at comparison sites and two came up with the same name ad the best rate. Got a call back off a couple of the comparison sites offering to handle the paperwork and contacting.

The one that came out on top I've not heard of so will check them. They are registered so should be OK.

Temping in a Postroom doing data entry and general officey stuff

Nice one Lambo.

Not get working and turn those £1 bets into £20 bets and those bus ride dates into taxis and hotel rooms! :)

Boom, got it, 8:30 til 5:30. £6.92 an hour, start monday

Well done Lamby. No matter how shit or good the job, stick with it. If you want a change later you need to be employed.

No matter who you work for make yourself indispensable to the person above you. Never criticize that person to anyone else no matter how down you feel, it will come back to haunt you.

Don't trust anyone with your inner feelings, they aren't family.

Well I thought that went pretty badly, wasn't many questions like just I always get nervous on the phone but I've got a face to face interview next month now. Not bad. 

Still haven't a bit of a dilemma about whether I want to leave my current job for this one anyway. I like the people I work with and my bosses like me but it's just so boring most the time. Fancy something new. But then a lurking grim thought in the back of my mind saying "what if you don't like the new job, what if the new staff aren't sound, then you're fúcked etc". Gonna go through the full interview before deciding like, might not get it anyway so won't even have a decision to make! We'll see. 

Good luck mate  :thumbup:

Can someone who likes horse racing as much as you not like a job at William Hill?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, which has a built in app called Paper Artist. It basically lets you add different effects to photos and it's pretty bloody good to be fair. One of the effects makes your photos look like an oil painting.

So, I was pissing about with a photo from a recent canal-boat-piss-up trip and produced quite a nice little image, which I then posted onto Facebook for my fellow boating mates to see.

I posted it with the comment "Here's a painting I've just knocked up". Anybody with a) awareness of modern photo manipulation technology and b) an understanding that I'm pretty facetious most of the time would realise that I clearly didn't paint it.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend's mum lacks understanding of points a) and b), and therefore proceeded to post praising my amazing artistic ability and asking me to give her a painting as a Christmas present.

I couldn't really be arsed to correct her and now I've left it too long - it's been a week or so.

So, she thinks I'm actually the next Renoir. In reality, I have the hand-eye co-ordination of a simpleton and my drawings look like those of a three-year-old.

• Like 1

I got a job today too.  :banana:

Well it was already mine anyway really, but for whatever reason they had to advertise it internally and interview before making it official. Just more than doubled my wages.  :ph34r:

Excellent. Whatever your salary is that's fvcking brilliant.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, which has a built in app called Paper Artist. It basically lets you add different effects to photos and it's pretty bloody good to be fair. One of the effects makes your photos look like an oil painting.

So, I was pissing about with a photo from a recent canal-boat-piss-up trip and produced quite a nice little image, which I then posted onto Facebook for my fellow boating mates to see.

I posted it with the comment "Here's a painting I've just knocked up". Anybody with a) awareness of modern photo manipulation technology and b) an understanding that I'm pretty facetious most of the time would realise that I clearly didn't paint it.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend's mum lacks understanding of points a) and b), and therefore proceeded to post praising my amazing artistic ability and asking me to give her a painting as a Christmas present.

I couldn't really be arsed to correct her and now I've left it too long - it's been a week or so.

So, she thinks I'm actually the next Renoir. In reality, I have the hand-eye co-ordination of a simpleton and my drawings look like those of a three-year-old.

So one in the style of Picasso