Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Can someone who likes horse racing as much as you not like a job at William Hill?

Hahaha. Well that's the hope. Get paid to sit and watch sport (mainly horses) whilst talking about the sport to the regulars whilst occasionally acting hard and telling someone to get out my shop? Sounds boss! 

I am aware it probably won't really be like that but we can all dream! 

Hahaha. Well that's the hope. Get paid to sit and watch sport (mainly horses) whilst talking about the sport to the regulars whilst occasionally acting hard and telling someone to get out my shop? Sounds boss! 

I am aware it probably won't really be like that but we can all dream! 

It used to be, but those wretched roulette machines are now the main focus for many. :( 

There are a lot of proper scumbags addicted to them as well, you will have to tell people to fvck off from time to time.

You still get some of the old school punters who come in purely for the horses and other sports though, and it's those customers who kept me sane when I was doing it. 

It used to be, but those wretched roulette machines are now the main focus for many. :(

There are a lot of proper scumbags addicted to them as well, you will have to tell people to fvck off from time to time.

You still get some of the old school punters who come in purely for the horses and other sports though, and it's those customers who kept me sane when I was doing it. 

Yeah I can imagine, I've spent a bit of time in bookies like and you see some grim beings on the machines. Like I said to Matt in this thread a week or so ago the shops I could get put in are all village/out of town shops which I reckon would be sweeter because I'll get more locals kinda thing, not much passing trade and not many 15 year old pr1cks. 

I think I probably will take it if I get offered it after the next interview like, can't take much more boringgggg days in work like I have at the moment. 

Yeah I can imagine, I've spent a bit of time in bookies like and you see some grim beings on the machines. Like I said to Matt in this thread a week or so ago the shops I could get put in are all village/out of town shops which I reckon would be sweeter because I'll get more locals kinda thing, not much passing trade and not many 15 year old pr1cks. 

I think I probably will take it if I get offered it after the next interview like, can't take much more boringgggg days in work like I have at the moment. 

Those shops will be much better than inner city ones.

I worked in shops in Skeggy and further out into rural Lincolnshire, the latter were much nicer to work in. It was pretty much all locals you knew by name who wanted to back the horses and dogs, walking past the FOBTs in the process. Plenty of banter, a nice chat and sharing of coffees. If you get shops like that, it's one of the best jobs in retail in my opinion.

Inner city ones where you get spotty pricks, drunks on Pubwatch and dodgy characters who think you're pressing a 'lose' button behind the counter on the roulette machines are the very, very worst. Those things are an absolute stain on the industry; the less FOBT players you get, the better the shop.

Not trying to put you off or owt, just hoping you get a nice out-of-town shop with loads of regulars. You'll love it.

Just walking down a city street with a belly full of beer and found myself chatting to a couple of real skanky looking female afghani asylum seekers. One of them had a nice arse and I told her so. Asked them if they wanted to come home with me and they said yes. So I said ok and then walked off quickly as it began to dawn on me what kind of mess I might be getting into. They followed me at a distance so I took a diversion and when I had rounded a sharp corner I literally ran away and then home. Now i'm at home and wondering if it was the wrong move. They looked a bit skanky and at the time I thought they might be skagheads or on the game, but looking back I'm thinking they may have been ever so nice but just a little poor which would have explained the tatty clothes, and maybe I've just missed out on a threesome with two afghani chicks one of whom definitely had a nice arse.

Edited by MooseBreath
  • Like 3

Just walking down a city street with a belly full of beer and found myself chatting to a couple of real skanky looking female afghani asylum seekers. One of them had a nice arse and I told her so. Asked them if they wanted to come home with me and they said yes. So I said ok and then walked off quickly as it began to dawn on me what kind of mess I might be getting into. They followed me at a distance so I took a diversion and when I had rounded a sharp corner I literally ran away and then home. Now i'm at home and wondering if it was the wrong move. They looked a bit skanky and at the time I thought they might be skagheads or on the game, but looking back I'm thinking they may have been ever so nice but just a little poor which would have explained the tatty clothes, and maybe I've just missed out on a threesome with two afghani chicks one of whom definitely had a nice arse.

Nah you definitely made the right call.

Moved in our uni house today. Three lads I lived with last year, and three girls we met last year and got along with well. Quite decent actually. Had a mare earlier though, went into town and then come back on the bus only to miss the stop and end up where it terminates.

Started well,turned on telly just as Susannah Reid was crossing her legs to unveil her under carriage!well white pants.

Wife got mardy,not for the obvious SR infatuation ,but saying to my 10 year old" can you think of a better way to start the week than SR flashing her white knickers at you" apparently you don't talk to 10 year olds as if your at work!

Going for a job interview at a rival company on Thursday. Would be doing more or less the same job I am at the minute, but for a significantly increased salary. With me and the mrs saving for a house and a wedding, I could really do with getting this one! Wish me luck guys...

Good luck sir!
  • Like 1

Going for a job interview at a rival company on Thursday. Would be doing more or less the same job I am at the minute, but for a significantly increased salary. With me and the mrs saving for a house and a wedding, I could really do with getting this one! Wish me luck guys...

Good luck.